Evidence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: Evidence of God
(27-12-2014 02:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 01:50 PM)aPriest Wrote:  On the question about knowledge and truth:
Knowledge and truth are similar to love and sex. The clearest example in how knowledge and truth are separate is the story of Solomon the fool. Aware of the truth about the existence of God he asked the Lord for wisdom and She grants him wisdom along with access to knowledge and riches and stuff. Yet knowing the truth and having acquired access to knowledge and understanding of good and evil he gets an erection and follows his penis after 700 wives and 300 concubines leading to disaster. Knowledge and Truth are not the same and the metaphor for this is given by the two trees: the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life.

On the question about knowledge and truth:
Knowledge and truth are similar to love and sex. The clearest example in how knowledge and truth are separate is the story of Solomon the fool. Aware of the truth about the existence of Jibbers he asked the Lord for wisdom and He grants him wisdom along with access to knowledge and riches and stuff. Yet knowing the truth and having acquired access to knowledge and understanding of good and evil he gets an erection and follows his penis after 700 wives and 300 concubines leading to disaster. Knowledge and Truth are not the same and the metaphor for this is given by the two trees: the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life.

I'm still waiting for you to repent your heathen ways and embrace our true lord and savior, Jibbers Crabst. Clearly, the evidence for his existence is overwhelming, wouldn't you say?

[Image: jibbers_sticker_peel_large.png?1591]

EK, you know how much I admire your, your...well, you know how much I admire you period.

But I am sincerely worried for your soul. You are worshipping a false, crustacean God. Please repent and come back to the one true God...

[Image: th_FSM3d.jpg]

The invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster has indeed created the universe “after drinking heavily”. According to our beliefs, the Monster's intoxication was the cause for a flawed Earth. Furthermore, according to Pastafarianism, all evidence for evolution (including Jibbers Crabst) was planted by the Flying Spaghetti Monster in an effort to test the faith of Pastafarians—parodying certain biblical literalists. When scientific measurements such as radiocarbon dating are taken, the Flying Spaghetti Monster "is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage".

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
27-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Jesus? Is this an admission that there is a remote possibility you could accept He exists? Jesus chooses to answer, or not. He said He was the truth. He told me where to look and now I have told you. He will tell you Himself if you ask. God calls many, but not even God will force anyone to follow. It is and always will be your choice.

Thomas also needed to feel and touch the wound before believing. There is nothing wrong with that, quite a normal human reaction. He said that all the answers are already in your heart. I have already told you how to open the door, but it is up to you to do so. God will appear to you when you are alone and then you will not be able to communicate that experience to anyone else effectively, much like what is happening here. That is how it is. God is not looking for his 15 minutes of fame, but He will change far more important things than your pen forever.

Not sure if you asked or not, even with the question marks. God created evil as an option for you to choose. Evil exists by necessity and he said: “The Kingdom of God must be taken by force.” “There shall be no victory without conflict.”

He said we should not eat shellfish. Probably something to do with cholesterol. He ate fish and drank lots of wine.
27-12-2014, 09:31 PM
(27-12-2014 09:10 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Jesus? Is this an admission that there is a remote possibility you could accept He exists? Jesus chooses to answer, or not. He said He was the truth. He told me where to look and now I have told you. He will tell you Himself if you ask. God calls many, but not even God will force anyone to follow. It is and always will be your choice.

Thomas also needed to feel and touch the wound before believing. There is nothing wrong with that, quite a normal human reaction. He said that all the answers are already in your heart. I have already told you how to open the door, but it is up to you to do so. God will appear to you when you are alone and then you will not be able to communicate that experience to anyone else effectively, much like what is happening here. That is how it is. God is not looking for his 15 minutes of fame, but He will change far more important things than your pen forever.

Not sure if you asked or not, even with the question marks. God created evil as an option for you to choose. Evil exists by necessity and he said: “The Kingdom of God must be taken by force.” “There shall be no victory without conflict.”

He said we should not eat shellfish. Probably something to do with cholesterol. He ate fish and drank lots of wine.

The Bible claims that Jesus made the following comment:

Matthew 16:28

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Jesus also advised against going to court over someone who steals something and also told people not to store up stocks or reserves for the future. Clearly, he thought the end was very near.

Likewise, Paul advised followers not to marry and that the end time was near. In this scripture he obviously believes that some of the people he is talking to will still be alive at the second coming.

I Thessalonians 4: 16-18

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

The obvious fact is that the second coming was not forthcoming at that time, or even close to being near. The 2000-year delay is a strong piece of evidence that Christianity is a failed religion.

The following quote from Stephen L. Harris, Professor Emeritus of Humanities and Religious Studies at California State University- Sacramento, completes this point with a devastating argument. Remember that Jesus was a Jew who had no intention to deviate from the Hebrew scriptures:

“Jesus did not accomplish what Israel’s prophets said the Messiah was commissioned to do: He did not deliver the covenant people from their Gentile enemies, reassemble those scattered in the Diaspora, restore the Davidic kingdom, or establish universal peace (cf.Isa. 9:6–7; 11:7–12:16, etc.). Instead of freeing Jews from oppressors and thereby fulfilling God’s ancient promises—for land, nationhood, kingship, and blessing—Jesus died a “shameful” death, defeated by the very political powers the Messiah was prophesied to overcome. Indeed, the Hebrew prophets did not foresee that Israel’s savior would be executed as a common criminal by Gentiles, making Jesus’ crucifixion a “stumbling block” to scripturally literate Jews. (1 Cor.1:23)”

Jesus’ immediate followers, mostly his 12 disciples, probably did not immediately identify this failure, because after Jesus’ body was likely stolen and concealed, a rumor spread that Jesus had been resurrected from the dead. A sense of optimism overcame their grief about his execution and renewed some hope that he was a true messiah. If they had known then that there was to be no return in the near or long-term future, they likely would have abandoned any further activity. Despite this resurgence in their faith, they never agreed with Paul’s concept of Jesus as being divine. Anything written in the Bible to suggest that they did is probably a result of later editing by some of Paul’s followers. Such a belief would have been an exceptional departure from the Jewish faith.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
27-12-2014, 10:18 PM
(27-12-2014 09:10 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Jesus? Is this an admission that there is a remote possibility you could accept He exists? Jesus chooses to answer, or not. He said He was the truth. He told me where to look and now I have told you. He will tell you Himself if you ask. God calls many, but not even God will force anyone to follow. It is and always will be your choice.

Jibbers? Is this an admission that there is a remote possibility you could accept He exists? Jibbers chooses to answer, or not. He said He was the truth. He told me where to look and now I have told you. He will tell you Himself if you ask. Jibbers calls many, but not even Jibbers will force anyone to follow. It is and always will be your choice.

Thomas also needed to feel and touch the wound before believing. There is nothing wrong with that, quite a normal human reaction. He said that all the answers are already in your heart. I have already told you how to open the door, but it is up to you to do so. Jibbers will appear to you when you are alone and then you will not be able to communicate that experience to anyone else effectively, much like what is happening here. That is how it is. Jibbers is not looking for his 15 minutes of fame, but He will change far more important things than your pen forever.

Not sure if you asked or not, even with the question marks. Jibbers created evil as an option for you to choose. Evil exists by necessity and he said: “The Kingdom of Jibbers must be taken by force.” “There shall be no victory without conflict.”

PRAISE JIBBERS!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-12-2014, 11:34 PM

"No one shall come to me, UNLESS the Father draw him".
Now why exactly would he say that *if* there was no exclusionary action in reality, and indeed he calls everyone. It's pointless to say that if everyone is called.
You are seriously deluded if you actually think people who sincerely, and honestly reject the garbage religion offers could somehow, in all honesty *chose* to accept it. You think your god wouldn't know they are lying ?

So now your god "created evil" ? Now there's a new one. I thought priests had to take Moral Theology and Philosophy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-12-2014, 11:56 PM
(27-12-2014 11:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So now your god "created evil" ? Now there's a new one. I thought priests had to take Moral Theology and Philosophy.

Actually yes.

Yahweh admits it himself in Isaiah 45:7, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”
28-12-2014, 12:05 AM
One must be evil to create evil.

Only makes sense

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
28-12-2014, 12:10 AM
(28-12-2014 12:05 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  One must be evil to create evil.

Only makes sense

Not necessarily, but one cannot play the unintended consequences card for an omniscient being. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-12-2014, 01:39 AM
(06-12-2014 02:26 PM)aPriest Wrote:  I am aPriest and I come in the name of the Lord. Much in the manner the Lord sent Jonah to Nineveh She led me here to this forum concerned with the spiritual health of so many young intelligent people claiming to be atheists and rejecting religion. Has no one ever told you that God has nothing to do with religion? There is a great separation from the Word of God contained in Holy Scriptures and religion. If you have not been wondering for 40 years in the wilderness deep in study of the Torah, the Tanakh, the Holy Qur’an, Buddhist Scripture, Hindu Scripture, the Gospels of John and Matthew, the Books of Abraham and Moses, the Gospel of James who is the Jewish Rabi keeper of the original scrolls written by Matthew and John, aware of True Life in God, the Book of Mormon, the Great Gospel of John and other writings of God by the Egyptians, Incas, Mayas, Native Americans and others, then you may be depriving yourself of God as a result of your contempt of religion, but the Lord has infinite Patience and She has sent me with this simple message granting parole to reconsider your foolishness: “Hear this, all you peoples; give ear, all inhabitants of the world, men of all estates, rich and poor alike. My mouth utters wisdom, my speech is full of insight.” Evidence of God is available to be discovered by the diligent investigator with the desire to look for it. Follow the Path of the Warrior and She will grant you access to the Tree of Knowledge. The Lord said the Kingdom of God must be taken by force. So what does this mean? Do you only criticize religion or do you understand Holy Scripture? Consider this: Who came first, Adam or Moses? The answer to this simple question will reveal to you if you have any comprehension at all of the Creation Metaphor contained in the Torah. What kind of silly god would take six days to create this small apparently insignificant planet and then need a day of rest when a True God may do it in one big bang and continue to do so at infinitum? Do you know this period of creation is finite? There is an edge to this infinite universe! Do you understand the Covenant with Abraham? What is circumcision? Certainly not the physical mutilation of the body, but that is the physical manifestation. What is the reason for the circumcision metaphor covenant found in the Book of Abraham? Do you understand that Cain is all material and Abel is all spiritual? Materialism has murdered the spiritual connection with God. Consider this during the season of the birth of the Jewish Messiah when all the capitalists are looking to make a profit. Do not even consider US Politics when you may not understand that God is Pro-Choice and Jesus is a Democrat, but try telling this to those right wing Christians. Even if you accept the Holy Bible as the Word of God you should know that it is not the last word from God and what of this “She” I mention? She is the Jewish Feminine God, Who is Binah, Elohim, God. Who is the Divine Mother known to Christians as the Holy Spirit and to the Jews as Binah, the third Sefirot in the Triad God Keter, Hokhmah, Binah and to Christians as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. What is the Virgin Mary corresponding to Shekhinah, the Gateway to the Divine. She is more than the mother of Jesus and here a warning! The Lord said: “All manner of sin may be forgiven, but sin against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven” So where does it say this? In the same place the Lord said: “I came into the world through my mother and I will return through my mother to the Jewish nation who are the keepers of the seal and have the birthright to this teaching and may claim ownership at any time.” David dedicates the Psalms to Her and She is the one Solomon speaks of in Proverbs. She has a place in many of the world’s religions, but nevertheless rejected by millions of Christians. There are many who will reject this immediately and already are busy sharpening their arrows so to those who can’t swallow religion or Holy Scripture I will offer a different path and invite you to read the Teachings of Don Juan, a Yaqui way of Knowledge by Carlos Castaneda and perhaps She will guide you to learn how to stop the world. I have provided so much in this post to fill years of diligent research for any so called atheist and any disciple who rejects the Temple. Do you understand any of this?

God--what ever happened to paragraphs?

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
28-12-2014, 01:56 AM
(28-12-2014 01:39 AM)666wannabe Wrote:  God--what ever happened to paragraphs?

Is this a remote admission that you believe that God exists and cares about formatting? Dodgy

These preachy types have the self-awareness of a bar of soap.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post