Evidence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Evidence of God
This is that million-monkeys-with-a-million-typewriters thing, right? Right?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
06-12-2014, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 07:20 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
[Image: keiwap.jpg]

[Image: 2052snn.jpg]

huh, yet ANOTHER religion that thinks women are lesser beings then men.....and I wonder who wrote THAT into the Torah.....ahh the same people who made up god,....men.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
06-12-2014, 07:32 PM
(06-12-2014 06:36 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Oh very well, I'll play along for awhile.
Let's start with the soul. First I'm not interested in saving yours, that is up to the Christians, in any event I believe a true atheist does not believe in soul either.
So what are you? I mean as a human being what are you? what is the stuff that keeps you alive? Evil_monster

What keeps us alive is what keeps every other organism alive, to reproduce or do something else to contribute to society, or just because we want to live. We have been a part of us that wants to live to do something for the species.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Remarkable!
I had no idea your forum accepted such long posts. This is good.
For a bunch of angry atheists you sure appear to have a very good idea of God, with a capital G. So do you belief He exists or not? Just so you know, God does not need your acceptance to exist.

Have you ever seen a dead person eat?
It is the soul that takes nourishment from the material world in order to maintain its body. You are not just a chemical reaction. You are an incarnated soul with a body.
Believe it or not.

I've never had such participation. 5 pages of posts already in one afternoon. This is so cool! Evil_monster
Do I risk being kicked out if I'm causing such a reaction?
06-12-2014, 09:09 PM
(06-12-2014 09:06 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Remarkable!
For a bunch of angry atheists you sure appear to have a very good idea of God, with a capital G. So do you belief He exists or not? Just so you know, God does not need your acceptance to exist.

It is the soul that takes nourishment from the material world in order to maintain its body. You are not just a chemical reaction. You are an incarnated soul with a body.
Believe it or not.

I've never had such participation. 5 pages of posts already in one afternoon. This is so cool! Evil_monster

There is no evidence of the existence of a soul.
Food nourishes our bodies, it makes possible the chemistry that is life.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-12-2014, 09:10 PM

Believe it or not.

I'd say keep you around for laughs.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
06-12-2014, 09:25 PM

Believe it or not.

*raises hand* Question. Earlier you said god (I'll spell "god" how I please, thank you) was a she. So is god a he, she, them, or what gender does your lovely little heavenly being identity as? Or did you change your mind about god being a woman? Not that I care too awful much. Don't believe there's a god so whether god is doesn't really matter too much to me.

So you notice dead people don't eat? That's awful observant of you. Dead bodies don't eat because the body has stopped functioning and thus doesn't need food. But if we all are souls in a body, answer me this: does EVERYTHING have a soul? Trees, raccoons, germs, every thing that lives on this earth? If no, how do they get to live without a soul and we don't?

Then again, I don't really know why I'm asking you stuff. You've yet to man up and reply to anyone, just sit at the side and throw out babble. Plus that its hard to take a priest of whatever seriously when they use a demonic smiley. On a priest, its more like a scary rape face than playful.

[Image: notagain.gif]
06-12-2014, 09:55 PM

Believe it or not.

LOL. You have quite the ego. Yeah, this forum is ALL about you.

I didn't read your long post. I got to "I am aPriest and I come in the name of the Lord " and then skipped to the next poster's response.

Yawn.

I think I'll post a nice photo of a grilled cheese sandwich.

[Image: 20121011-grilled-cheese-tomato-soup.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-12-2014, 09:57 PM
(06-12-2014 06:36 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Let's start with the soul. First I'm not interested in saving yours, that is up to the Christians, in any event I believe a true atheist does not believe in soul either.
So what are you? I mean as a human being what are you? what is the stuff that keeps you alive? Evil_monster

What keeps me alive? The same biochemical reactions that keep things that live under my toenails alive. They don't have souls and they don't need them. Neither do I.

In order for a soul to be useful it must interact with the flesh. It must have an effect on the portion of the physical world that is me. Any such effect should be measurable, yet the finest scientific instruments we've produced have never detected the fainest hint of a soul. The implication is that either the soul is useless or that it is yet another fiction perpetrated by religion.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
06-12-2014, 10:00 PM

Believe it or not.

You can start by answering my reply.

Just so you know, god is a made up concept. Dead men don't eat, neither do they burst out of graves and walk around...

Matthew 27:51-53
King James Version (KJV)
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

You are on an atheist forum, so no, we don't believe in god, and while I can't speak for everyone, I don't believe in fairies, or ghosts, or bigfoot, or venusians either...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)