Evidence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2014, 07:53 AM
RE: Evidence of God
(06-12-2014 09:06 PM)aPriest Wrote:  You are an incarnated soul with a body. Believe it or not.

OK.... not

Quote:I've never had such participation. 5 pages of posts already in one afternoon. This is so cool!

Interesting that you admit repeatedly trolling forums.

Quote:When I was 12 I began to question everything much the same as some of you, but instead of denying the existence of God I went looking for myself and I found God after 40 years in the wilderness.

Funny, I would have guessed you were about 12 currently. Your arguments are at about that level.

Quote:I can prove it, but it is too soon.

OK, what time works for you?

Quote:So far I get the impression you atheist will not accept that you are divine and immortal.

I don't even think those concepts really make any sense but if you have evidence we'll look at it. It isn't that we will not accept things, it is that we do not accept them until they can be shown to be at least likely to be true.

Quote:WE are in the center of the universe. I am here and you are there, but WE are in the center.

I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together...
I am the walrus, goo goo goo joob

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
07-12-2014, 08:10 AM
You were the Walrus last time! I wanna be the walrus. You be the carpenter. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-12-2014, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 08:35 AM by unfogged.)
(07-12-2014 08:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You were the Walrus last time! I wanna be the walrus. You be the carpenter. Tongue

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things"

Very apt description for the forum. I can't think of that poem now without remembering the scene at the beginning of Kevin Smith's Dogma where they compare the walrus to Buddha and the carpenter to Jesus. I'll have to watch that movie again soon.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
07-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Guys: Don't scare this one away for a little while.
[Image: tumblr_lua2fsI6MV1qcsbjm.jpg]

I've asked logistical questions about the soul like, four times and nobody has ever actually gotten around to answering them. This is a chance I'd rather not miss.

(06-12-2014 10:27 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Yes! Everything has a soul and spirit even a stone. It is the one who makes its own body in the womb. When the body no longer serves a purpose the soul departs much the way it was born.

Come on mate: What is a soul? How the fuck is this shit suposed to work?

Define your terms and explain in some detail and I'll actually have something to ask about. Saying "everything has a soul" only works as an initial statement and you're gonna need a lot more.

(06-12-2014 10:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 10:27 PM)aPriest Wrote:  I can prove it, but it is too soon.

And I'm the Queen of Sheba. At the right time I will reveal the truth of my ... um, ...... "shebaness". YesThumbsupDodgyConfusedRolleyes

I'd accept hypnotising a dude into sex then "reverse birthing" him during orgasm as sufficent proof of your Shebahood.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
07-12-2014, 08:49 AM
(06-12-2014 09:06 PM)aPriest Wrote:  You are an incarnated soul with a body.

What is a soul?

Does it allow conscious thought to continue after death?

If yes then:

Why do people lose their memories when they suffer from Alzheimers?

Why do people lose conscious thought when being put under general anesthetic?

If a soul does not enable conscious thought to continue after death then why should we care?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
07-12-2014, 08:53 AM
You had me at "hypnotising someone into sex"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-12-2014, 09:03 AM
(06-12-2014 02:26 PM)aPriest Wrote:  I am aPriest and I come in the name of the Lord.

Right on!

[Image: Joel-Olsteen-jesus-comes-first-620x404.jpg]

[Image: Hookers_586751_395390.jpg]

[Image: 51032921.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
07-12-2014, 09:03 AM
(06-12-2014 02:26 PM)aPriest Wrote:  I am aPriest and I come in the name of the Lord.

You're not the first priest to make that claim. At least this time it's not being said to a choirboy.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
07-12-2014, 09:10 AM
Oh, you're a pantheist yet believe in a anthropomorphic god?
Bored now, go lick some more toadsTongue

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
07-12-2014, 09:15 AM
If ya didn't bring enough toads for everybody, I'm going to have to send you home with a note to your parents.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post