Evidence of Natural Selection Leading to Evolution Before My Canadian Eyes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2017, 02:10 PM
RE: Evidence of Natural Selection Leading to Evolution Before My Canadian Eyes
(13-08-2017 07:44 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 01:07 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  The mountain pine beetle has been absolutely ravaging the boreal forest.

Is that an invasive species recently introduced? Those are always the worst. I was reading something about Hawaii where they had these big slow flightless birdlike meatbags that lived there...then humans showed up and...guess who likes to eat meat?

I don't believe so but I'm not sure. From what I've read, climate change has elongated our summers and shortened our winters, which is what has allowed for them to spread far more rapidly than they used to.

I think it actually is in the article I posted.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Tim Allen says checkmate!

https://twitter.com/ofctimallen/status/8...7191414784
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
16-08-2017, 12:26 PM
I've got ten dead ash trees in my backyard courtesy of the invasive emerald ash borer. F'n sucks to see these tall trees dying right before my eyes not to mention the expense of having them removed so they don't crush my house or my family. Hopefully some ash trees out there will find some defense mechanism to fight back with.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
16-08-2017, 01:04 PM
(16-08-2017 12:26 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I've got ten dead ash trees in my backyard courtesy of the invasive emerald ash borer. F'n sucks to see these tall trees dying right before my eyes not to mention the expense of having them removed so they don't crush my house or my family. Hopefully some ash trees out there will find some defense mechanism to fight back with.

We lost several beautiful elm and black walnut trees thanks to some beetles. Cost a few K's to take down, but we had to. Our backyard seems empty without them Sad

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
16-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Quote:Tim Allen says checkmate!

Tim the tool man Taylor destroys evolution in one question.

(16-08-2017 12:26 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I've got ten dead ash trees in my backyard courtesy of the invasive emerald ash borer. F'n sucks to see these tall trees dying right before my eyes not to mention the expense of having them removed so they don't crush my house or my family. Hopefully some ash trees out there will find some defense mechanism to fight back with.

Aiya. That sucks Sad We have three on our property right now that we need to get removed too but I think they just up and died. Dodgy

That'd be cool! I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

When plants fight back! Laugh out load

(16-08-2017 01:04 PM)Loom Wrote:  

We lost several beautiful elm and black walnut trees thanks to some beetles. Cost a few K's to take down, but we had to. Our backyard seems empty without them Sad

This also sucks.

Who invented these Beetle things anyways?

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
16-08-2017, 10:34 PM
(13-08-2017 07:44 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 01:07 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  The mountain pine beetle has been absolutely ravaging the boreal forest.

Is that an invasive species recently introduced? Those are always the worst. I was reading something about Hawaii where they had these big slow flightless birdlike meatbags that lived there...then humans showed up and...guess who likes to eat meat?

It's global warming. Insect populations, previously kept in check by colder winters, are changing the tree populations all over the US and Canada.
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/03/c...-overdrive

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-08-2017, 10:36 PM
(16-08-2017 09:57 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  
Quote:Tim Allen says checkmate!

Tim the tool man Taylor destroys evolution in one question.

Aiya. That sucks Sad We have three on our property right now that we need to get removed too but I think they just up and died. Dodgy

That'd be cool! I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

When plants fight back! Laugh out load

(16-08-2017 01:04 PM)Loom Wrote:  We lost several beautiful elm and black walnut trees thanks to some beetles. Cost a few K's to take down, but we had to. Our backyard seems empty without them Sad

This also sucks.

Who invented these Beetle things anyways?

Jebus.
After he rested on day 7 of creation, he came back on Monday for a little overtime.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-08-2017, 06:23 AM
(13-08-2017 02:13 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  Only micro-evolution. Silly me.

Yeah, creationists will accept microevolution. They don't believe in that silly macroevolution, where atheists say that pine trees give birth to cats, which in turn, give birth to dogs. That's just crazy talk.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-08-2017, 07:45 AM
(18-08-2017 06:23 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah, creationists will accept microevolution. They don't believe in that silly macroevolution, where atheists say that pine trees give birth to cats, which in turn, give birth to dogs.

Waitasecond...if dogs evolved from pine trees, why are there still pine trees? Blink

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
18-08-2017, 09:07 AM
(18-08-2017 07:45 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 06:23 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah, creationists will accept microevolution. They don't believe in that silly macroevolution, where atheists say that pine trees give birth to cats, which in turn, give birth to dogs.

Waitasecond...if dogs evolved from pine trees, why are there still pine trees? Blink

Exactly. This guy gets it.