Evidence of Natural Selection Leading to Evolution Before My Canadian Eyes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2017, 10:29 AM
RE: Evidence of Natural Selection Leading to Evolution Before My Canadian Eyes
Evidence that stupidity is still going to need some more generations to be eliminated by natural selection:

[Image: funny-truck-tied-wheel-dumb-fail.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Natural selection is not the same as evolution. Organisms that are better suited survive while others die. The survivors possess characteristics that were always present in some individuals of the species. Nothing new has been added as would be necessary for evolution.

https://answersingenesis.org/natural-sel...evolution/

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2017, 08:19 AM
(21-08-2017 06:28 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Natural selection is not the same as evolution. Organisms that are better suited survive while others die. The survivors possess characteristics that were always present in some individuals of the species. Nothing new has been added as would be necessary for evolution.

AIG? Laughat

There are none so blond as those who will not see. Pull your head out of the biblical hole and look at the actual evidence. Mutations occur and the argument that they are always deleterious is simply wrong. They can be beneficial and they are a source of change. Natural selection then operates on the new configuration.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
21-08-2017, 01:22 PM
(21-08-2017 06:28 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Natural selection is not the same as evolution. Organisms that are better suited survive while others die. The survivors possess characteristics that were always present in some individuals of the species. Nothing new has been added as would be necessary for evolution.

https://answersingenesis.org/natural-selection/natural-selection-is-not-evolution/

Almost correct now. You're actually really close.

I'll give you a hint: fix the last sentence before your AIG citation, and then you almost understand evolution.

Care to try again?

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
21-08-2017, 01:29 PM

We're talking science here. Don't bother us with babble from sites like AIG.
[+] 2 users Like kemo boy's post
21-08-2017, 02:47 PM
(21-08-2017 08:19 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

AIG? Laughat

There are none so blond as those who will not see. Pull your head out of the biblical hole and look at the actual evidence. Mutations occur and the argument that they are always deleterious is simply wrong. They can be beneficial and they are a source of change. Natural selection then operates on the new configuration.

Damn! "blond" really was a typo and the edit window has closed; I swear I wasn't going for a blond joke.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
21-08-2017, 03:34 PM
(21-08-2017 06:28 AM)theophilus Wrote:  https://answersingenesis.org/natural-sel...evolution/

If you need to rely on AiG for your knowledge of evolution and the sciences in general, then you're bound to spend the rest of your life in an intellectual wilderness.

I'm guessing you won't have any idea what this carnivorous animal that walked on land 20 million years ago has now evolved into...

[Image: Puijila_animatic.jpg]

It's known as a "transitional fossil" and its name is Puijila darwini. It has four sturdy legs, and a long tail, is a mammal, and we now know it as a.....?

[Image: 967056c0b1511b12310cf30810dc1402.jpg]

Pinnipeds (seals) belong to the order Carnivora and their closest living relatives are bears, weasels, raccoons, skunks, and pandas, having diverged about 50 million years ago.

If you deny that this is a classic example of the evolutionary process at work, then you're either willfully ignorant, or intellectually challenged. And if you'd truly like to learn something about evolution (rather than the absurd pseudoscience posted on AiG) then you might like to check out 7 Major "Missing Links" Since Darwin.

—You're welcome. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
22-08-2017, 09:26 AM
(21-08-2017 08:19 AM)unfogged Wrote:  There are none so blind as those who will not see. Pull your head out of the biblical hole and look at the actual evidence.

This would be good advice for you to follow.

Quote:Mutations occur and the argument that they are always deleterious is simply wrong. They can be beneficial and they are a source of change. Natural selection then operates on the new configuration.

Many organisms possess parts to complex that they coudn't have developed gradually by mutations.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2017, 09:52 AM
(22-08-2017 09:26 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 08:19 AM)unfogged Wrote:  There are none so blind as those who will not see. Pull your head out of the biblical hole and look at the actual evidence.

Quote:Mutations occur and the argument that they are always deleterious is simply wrong. They can be beneficial and they are a source of change. Natural selection then operates on the new configuration.

Many organisms possess parts to complex that they coudn't have developed gradually by mutations.

Nice schoolyard response. Does Unfogged have his head in the bible? Fail on two levels.

You're speaking about what you know nothing about. Treating AIG as a science textbook make you look stupid.
[+] 2 users Like kemo boy's post
22-08-2017, 10:38 AM
(22-08-2017 09:26 AM)theophilus Wrote:  

Name them.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post