Evidence of Natural Selection Leading to Evolution Before My Canadian Eyes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2017, 06:57 AM
RE: Evidence of Natural Selection Leading to Evolution Before My Canadian Eyes
(19-10-2017 02:18 PM)Miscellaniac Wrote:  Many organisms possess such idiotic defects that intelligent design cannot be the reason for their development.

The defects are the result of sin. Adam and Eve were created perfect and a perfect world was placed under their authority. Death was unknown. They sinned and their sin brought death and defects into the world. Sin affected them and their descendants and all life in the world. The effects of sin appear to be progressive and are getting worse. Their immediate descendants live several years; now it is unusual for someone to live even one hundred years.

If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.
Charles Darwin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2017, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2017 07:30 AM by OakTree500.)
(20-10-2017 06:57 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 02:18 PM)Miscellaniac Wrote:  Many organisms possess such idiotic defects that intelligent design cannot be the reason for their development.

The defects are the result of sin. Adam and Eve were created perfect and a perfect world was placed under their authority. Death was unknown. They sinned and their sin brought death and defects into the world. Sin affected them and their descendants and all life in the world. The effects of sin appear to be progressive and are getting worse. Their immediate descendants live several years; now it is unusual for someone to live even one hundred years.
To quote a podcast host that I like:

"yeah, but no, buts it fine...but you're wrong, but its fine"

The FACT is that Adam/Eve did not exist. Eden was not a real place, and your general BS quoted above, has no basis of rational thought in the real world.

What you have done there, is taken a STORY from a BOOK, and just added more shit on top about "there was the sin and this makes genetic defects". I'm fairly certain at no point does the bible mention that sin = genetic defects.

It doesn't. Stop it. Have a word with yourself.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
20-10-2017, 07:02 AM

Help me out here...

Are you saying that intelligent design is a metaphor or that it's a Jewish fable?

Wink

20-10-2017, 07:19 AM

A greater sin is having this shit foisted off on children.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
20-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Pics of the trees turning into crocoducks, or it didn't happen... Drinking Beverage

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-10-2017, 07:33 AM
(20-10-2017 06:57 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The defects are the result of sin.

An assertion without any evidence to support it. First show that "sin" is a meaningful term and then that it has a causal connection to anything. Simply asserting it is the cause carries no weight.

Quote:Adam and Eve were created perfect and a perfect world was placed under their authority.

There's no evidence that Adam & Eve ever existed and plenty of evidence to show that they didn't. There's no evidence that there was ever a "perfect world" and plenty of evidence to show that there wasn't.

Quote:Death was unknown.

We're batting 1000 here.

Quote:They sinned and their sin brought death and defects into the world. Sin affected them and their descendants and all life in the world.

More unsupported assertions that fly in the face of actual evidence to the contrary.

Quote:The effects of sin appear to be progressive and are getting worse.

Please cite the statistics on what exactly is getting worse and how it is being measured.

Quote:Their immediate descendants live several [hundred] years; now it is unusual for someone to live even one hundred years.

There is zero reason to believe that any human ever lived several hundred years or that potential lifespans have decreased over time. That again denies the evidence for exactly the opposite.

You are living in a fantasy world of fairy tales and mythology. It's really sad to see people so willing to abandon their ability to think and reason and simply swallow bullshit.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Ahem:

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden,
to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Emphasis mine.

This is one of those holdovers from the polytheistic origins of this passage. Elohim is talking to the other gods, saying the golem had gained knowledge and would become a god itself if it ate the fruit of the tree of eternal life. But let's ignore that.

If there was no death before the fall, why does El say this? What would have happened if Adam had eaten of neither tree?
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
20-10-2017, 12:23 PM

> The Bible is book of mythology, Theo. Sin is nothing more than a priestly construct designed to control people's behavior through fear and guilt. Dodgy
20-10-2017, 02:19 PM

Nope. If you're going to use the Bible as a science textbook, then look at Psalm 139:13-15 where it says God knows our forms and designs them, flaws and all. The "sin is the cause of birth defects" is completely unsound, both by science (no shit) and Biblical standards.

If you weep at the loss of the sun, then your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
20-10-2017, 05:35 PM
(20-10-2017 06:57 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The defects are the result of sin. Adam and Eve were created perfect and a perfect world was placed under their authority. Death was unknown. They sinned and their sin brought death and defects into the world.

How? Please explain the mechanism by which sin brought death and defects into the world and the evidence you have to support it.
[+] 1 user Likes brunumb's post