Evidence of Natural Selection Leading to Evolution Before My Canadian Eyes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2017, 06:17 PM
RE: Evidence of Natural Selection Leading to Evolution Before My Canadian Eyes
(20-10-2017 06:57 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 02:18 PM)Miscellaniac Wrote:  Many organisms possess such idiotic defects that intelligent design cannot be the reason for their development.

The defects are the result of sin. Adam and Eve were created perfect and a perfect world was placed under their authority. Death was unknown. They sinned and their sin brought death and defects into the world. Sin affected them and their descendants and all life in the world. The effects of sin appear to be progressive and are getting worse. Their immediate descendants live several years; now it is unusual for someone to live even one hundred years.

Laugh out load You realize this story is just a metaphor and not a real event, don't you?

Also, if you think the Adam and Eve story was real Facepalm and believe in an omniscient god then you have a bit of a problem because this omnsicient god would have pre-knowledge of every event from the Eden story onward. Before he made the first molecule he would know that millions of people would sin and roast in hell. He'd know every thought and choice humans would think waaaaay before he said "let there be light" (or so your fairy book says). An omniscient god is not suprised by any event.....ever. This either makes free will an illusion or your god nonexistent.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-10-2017, 08:23 PM
(20-10-2017 06:57 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The defects are the result of sin.

How old are you? This is a serious question and will determine how I will treat you from here on out.

10-14
15-18
>18

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-10-2017, 08:14 AM
(20-10-2017 07:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you saying that intelligent design is a metaphor or that it's a Jewish fable?

Intelligent design is real. The Bible reveals the identity of the Intelligence that designed us.

(20-10-2017 07:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Please cite the statistics on what exactly is getting worse and how it is being measured.

I pointed out that the human lifespan has decreased.

(20-10-2017 06:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Also, if you think the Adam and Eve story was real Facepalm and believe in an omniscient god then you have a bit of a problem because this omnsicient god would have pre-knowledge of every event from the Eden story onward. Before he made the first molecule he would know that millions of people would sin and roast in hell. He'd know every thought and choice humans would think waaaaay before he said "let there be light" (or so your fairy book says). An omniscient god is not suprised by any event.....ever. This either makes free will an illusion or your god nonexistent.

God knew exactly what would happen. I don't know why he went ahead and did it anyway but that is because I am only human and I can't understand the reason God does the things he does. All I know is that the final result of his actions is good.

(20-10-2017 08:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  How old are you? This is a serious question and will determine how I will treat you from here on out.

If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.
Charles Darwin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-10-2017, 09:18 AM
(21-10-2017 08:14 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(20-10-2017 07:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you saying that intelligent design is a metaphor or that it's a Jewish fable?

Intelligent design is real. The Bible reveals the identity of the Intelligence that designed us.

Oh, I know it's real. I teach it.

The irony of course, is that the bible (both content and structure) has evolved via natural selection.

Would I be right, based on your reply, in suspecting that you are of the mindset that faith, authority, revelation and/or tradition are valid methods for determining reality?

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-10-2017, 10:47 AM

Unsupported assertion. The Bible is the claim. And even then, it's a highly flawed compilation of books many from earlier mythology.

Quote:
(20-10-2017 07:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Please cite the statistics on what exactly is getting worse and how it is being measured.

Hahahahaha!!! Nope. In the real world human lifespan has been increasing over time as nutrition and medicine have improved. The only exception is the last 30'years for poor people in the US.

But in the Bible, sure. But the Bible also has giants, donkeys who scold people over invisible angels, witches, mental illness being caused by demons, and curing disease by sprinkling of blood. As such I'm not going to take what it says very seriously when it talks about human lifespan.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
21-10-2017, 11:22 AM
(20-10-2017 06:57 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Sin affected them and their descendants and all life in the world.

The concept of punishing somebody (thing) for somebody elses wrongdoing is immoral.
You god was immoral to do so, if he had existed at all.
You are worshipping a non existing moral monster.
Stop doing that. Stop selling out your humanity. Its disgusting and embarassing.
You have given up the most valuable thing you have in return for... nothing. Congratulations.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
21-10-2017, 02:00 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...en-feeders

British Birds evolve to feed from bird feeders more efficiently

The reason some birds in Britain have evolved bigger beaks over the past 40 years may be down to the country’s enthusiasm for feeding them in their gardens, researchers have said.

The report published on Thursday in the US journal Science compared beak length among great tits in Britain and the Netherlands, where bird feeders are less common.

“Between the 1970s and the present day, beak length has got longer among the British birds. That’s a really short time period in which to see this sort of difference emerging,” said study co-author Jon Slate, professor in the department of animal and plant sciences at the University of Sheffield.

“We now know that this increase in beak length, and the difference in beak length between birds in Britain and mainland Europe, is down to genes that have evolved by natural selection.”

“It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. Producing bullshit requires no such conviction.”
― Harry G. Frankfurt, On Bullshit

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
21-10-2017, 04:23 PM

You "pointed out" that your favorite book of mythology says that but there simply is no reason to believe that it is true. The claims of extended lifespans in the bible are unadulterated horseshit.

Quote:
(20-10-2017 08:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  How old are you? This is a serious question and will determine how I will treat you from here on out.

It's incredibly sad to see anybody waste an entire life on a fairy tale.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
21-10-2017, 04:24 PM
(21-10-2017 02:00 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...en-feeders

British Birds evolve to feed from bird feeders more efficiently

yabut, that's just "micro" evolution.

Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-10-2017, 04:38 PM

My condolences. If you had said 16 I could somewhat understand, but at 76 senility comes to mind.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce