Evidence of Noah's ark?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Evidence of Noah's ark?
There's now evidence that one of their crazy tall tales about peasants from long ago written in a magic book might have some basis in reality. Obviously the logical response is to hie thee to the nearest place of worship and beg forgiveness for your multiple sins Dodgy

Theists... always so damn predictable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-06-2012, 05:42 PM
There are 10 documented claims of finding the arc in the last 60 years but it's been speculated that before common scientific journals came about it was very common to see these claims even more often in the 18th and 19th centuries.

For an extra fun little fact the city of Nakhchivan claims to house the tomb of Noah. What actual evidence do they have that this site is in fact the tomb of Noah? None that I've been able to find anywhere. Yet the tomb brings in boatloads of tourists. Go figure.
22-06-2012, 05:46 PM
(22-06-2012 05:42 PM)Godless Wrote:  boatloads of tourists.
Appropriate Tongue

They should have a zoo there too.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-06-2012, 08:34 PM
(22-06-2012 05:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  They should have a zoo there too.

With all the microscopic organisms. Oh wait ...

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-06-2012, 08:43 PM
When I was being raised my family would show me "Noah's Ark Found"
Since that time I've seen three cases on different mountains. Which is terrible evidence if you ask me.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
22-06-2012, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 10:15 PM by Sasquatch.)
There are 8.7 million specifies identified on earth. Let's just say its 6 million, which excludes marine life. Anyone, except the brainwashed, would realize that its impossible to get two of each of the 6 million (12 million) on a boat. Most of them would require special diets to survive. What about all the feces and urine that would accumulate. How about penguins, polar bears, kangaroos, and many other animals spread around the world making their way to the ark in a short amount of time. There are also many insects that would have to get aboard. Can anyone imagine two ants or beetles going up a ramp into the ark? What a joke.

Salt water and fresh water life would not be on the ark. But if the earth were totally flooded, this would cause a mixture of brackish and fresh waters, which would kill off marine life.

How anyone can believe the story of Noah's ark is beyond me.
22-06-2012, 10:35 PM
If any kind of large boat is found, I would call it Utnapishtim's Ark - from the epic of Gilgamesh.

This story predates any stories found in the bible by thousands of years.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
23-06-2012, 02:10 AM
WTF are you all smokin!?
I've got Noah sitting right next to me... he's telling me the whole story!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
23-06-2012, 02:16 AM
How else could those sedimentary rock layers have formed?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-06-2012, 02:32 AM
The ghost that never lies told me that the it was the flying spaghetti monsters idea, and the animals were saved by an armada of pirates.

-Shesh-

That's why you find so many boats. Rolleyes

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp