Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2012, 08:12 AM
RE: Evidence of Noah's ark?
[Image: boy-pat-obama-hair.jpg]

http://education-portal.com/academy/less...NAod-QpSGg

Gilgamesh spoke to Utanapishtim, the Faraway:
"I have been looking at you,
but your appearance is not strange--you are like me!
You yourself are not different--you are like me!
My mind was resolved to fight with you,
(but instead?) my arm lies useless over you.
Tell me, how is it that you stand in the Assembly of the Gods,
and have found life!"
Utanapishtim spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:
"I will reveal to you, Gilgamesh, a thing that is hidden,
a secret of the gods I will tell you!
Shuruppak, a city that you surely know,
situated on the banks of the Euphrates,
that city was very old, and there were gods inside it.
The hearts of the Great Gods moved them to inflict the Flood.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2012, 09:02 AM
wait, is that kid rubbing Obama's head for good luck?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-06-2012, 10:18 AM
(23-06-2012 09:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  wait, is that kid rubbing Obama's head for good luck?

No ! Precisely the opposite. (see the myth). Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-06-2012, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 12:15 PM by Thomas.)
I dug up an old piece of wood in my backyard. Should I call the local church? I think I can see the face of Jesus on it.
At one time there were enough pieces of the "Cross" in churches to reconstruct thousands of them.
People will believe just about anything, and do.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
23-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Well… this very interesting but also kind of disturbing.
True story; I recall long ago…. I discovered the lip of a bottle sticking out of the sandy dirt path of the alley behind my house. It appeared small and very old, so I devised my own little excavation project. I reconn'ed this bottle to have been tossed there and possibly broken below the surface, so I was sure to note the position and area of each piece as I went. This position and spread provided a trajectory of having been tossed from about nine feet up. I was quite fired up by my little archeological discovery. I gingerly gathered each piece and with a clear glass-glue, was able to restore it's construction completely. I have it today, in tact on a shelf. True story finished.
It is obvious this glass bottle once contained a potion of some sort, and was tossed there by a witch bent on some sort of chicanery.
My dilemma is, when the witch comes looking for this bottle, I might be fucked. It's something I live with every day. Undecided

I guess I'm just saying: just don't do anything - EVER. Don't try to think and certainly don't discover stuff! Always let others do things and let them tell you what it's about. That way a witch won't come and kick your ass.
Good luck!! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-06-2012, 12:18 PM
(23-06-2012 11:35 AM)kim Wrote:  Well… this very interesting but also kind of disturbing.
True story; I recall long ago…. I discovered the lip of a bottle sticking out of the sandy dirt path of the alley behind my house. It appeared small and very old, so I devised my own little excavation project. I reconn'ed this bottle to have been tossed there and possibly broken below the surface, so I was sure to note the position and area of each piece as I went. This position and spread provided a trajectory of having been tossed from about nine feet up. I was quite fired up by my little archeological discovery. I gingerly gathered each piece and with a clear glass-glue, was able to restore it's construction completely. I have it today, in tact on a shelf. True story finished.
It is obvious this glass bottle once contained a potion of some sort, and was tossed there by a witch bent on some sort of chicanery.
My dilemma is, when the witch comes looking for this bottle, I might be fucked. It's something I live with every day. Undecided

I guess I'm just saying: just don't do anything - EVER. Don't try to think and certainly don't discover stuff! Always let others do things and let them tell you what it's about. That way a witch won't come and kick your ass.
Good luck!! Thumbsup

That's fucking hilarious!!!! Bowing
Stay away from knowledge. Nothing good can come of it... No

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
23-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I finally found an interesting story on the subject...i'lll try to dig up the source i saw it on, but a recent study shows that the flood was probably very real, just not to the extent the bible portrays it. I forgot which river or lake or sea it was, but the study showed that during the time period of noah (approx.) it rose 119 feet (approx.) and killed hundreds. Now, in that time period when people thought they were the center of the universe, this could seem like a biblical thing, because their "entire world" was flooded. and in that area for them it would have been easy to build a boat (raft? piece of wood?) with some animals on it to save themselves from the flood.....again i'll try to dig up the source but it was a pretty interesting logical thought behind noahs flood.

Edit: found it http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...flood.html

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 1 user Likes Likos02's post
24-06-2012, 02:54 AM
(23-06-2012 11:08 PM)Likos02 Wrote:  Edit: found it http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...flood.html
See, that's a way in which it might have actually happened and given rise to the many flood myths found in that area, but it completely removes the God element, hence no acceptance...
24-06-2012, 03:34 AM
I didnt say it proved a god....i'm just saying that a flood most likely did happen, it just got exhaggerated (spelling?) by men to SEEM godly.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 1 user Likes Likos02's post
24-06-2012, 04:10 AM
(24-06-2012 03:34 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  I didnt say it proved a god....i'm just saying that a flood most likely did happen, it just got exhaggerated (spelling?) by men to SEEM godly.
I got that Wink