Evidence on Evolution and The Big Bang Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2012, 06:08 PM
RE: Evidence on Evolution and The Big Bang Theory
(27-08-2012 10:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 05:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  Carl Sagan's Cosmos is a readable introduction to cosmology.

Richard Dawkins's River Out of Eden is a lovely book on evolution.

Also, Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" is a video series. It's a bit dated, having been filmed in the 70s, but some of the info has been updated and it really is a good way to learn about cosmology.

I recently watched this series. It's streaming on Netflix: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/b...human.html

Also, the video series "The Universe" as a lot of info on the Big Bang and astronomy. It's also streaming on Netflix.

A more simpler version is "How The Universe Works" which is a Discovery channel series and I also watched it on Netflix.

I love me some Documentaries!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2012, 06:19 PM
If you haven't picked it up yet, I recommend reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time. It's a little out of date (I read it when I was twelve) but is still a powerful work and provides a good explanation of the basics before moving on to modern cosmology. It helped with my transition from agnosticism to atheism by putting a metaphorical bullet in the neck of the Cosmological argument for god.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
04-09-2012, 06:23 PM
when bishadi starts making sense I will post my picture.

(10%)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.