Evidence presented by the U.S. government

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2012, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 09:05 AM by FSM_scot.)
RE: Evidence presented by the U.S. government
(10-07-2012 08:32 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Whatever. Have you ever thought about the possiblity that being killed by the U.S. instead of, for example, dying by a disease, would make him a matyr and that they would therefore not say the contrary?

That's a good point. It would be a reason to go with the US story. The only problems with it are, from what i remember the US said he used his wife as a bullet shield, not a very martyr like thing to do. Plus why would his wife/s keep quiet about his death at the hands of the US if they never actually killed him.
And why would the US invade another country's sovereignty, destroy one of their own helicopters raid a compound and provoke an international incident, just to make a claim of killing their most wanted man?

You put that all together there is just too much evidence pointing towards them actually killing him.

If they did infact release the photo and DNA results, How could that prove they actually killed him? the DNA could be taken from anyone at anytime and they could say it was bin laden, The photo may be quite gory for example not much of his face left, which would make using it for ID worthless, There are to many variables to make releasing of that evidence worthwhile.
But if they did release them would it be proof to you? would you be able to interpret them as correct?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 10:33 AM by Vosur.)
(12-07-2012 09:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  That's a good point. It would be a reason to go with the US story. The only problems with it are, from what i remember the US said he used his wife as a bullet shield, not a very martyr like thing to do. Plus why would his wife/s keep quiet about his death at the hands of the US if they never actually killed him.
Funny that you should mention this. I just read the article about the operation and it's amusing how many different stories are being told by the officials. Some say that only one person in the entire house was armed, others say that Bin Laden himself had a rifle and died in a firefight. Some say he used his wife as a shield, some say she threw herself in front of him to protect him. Either way, the U.S. administration had to admit that Osama was indeed neither armed, nor did he use his wife(s) as a shield.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may...ory-change

Talking about lies and contradictions coming from the government, hm?

(12-07-2012 09:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  And why would the US invade another country's sovereignty, destroy one of their own helicopters raid a compound and provoke an international incident, just to make a claim of killing their most wanted man?
One theory would be a vastly increased popularity of the Obama administration. I think you're familiar with the reactions of the American people, aren't you?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...apers.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/os...ry-1.15779

(12-07-2012 09:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  If they did infact release the photo and DNA results, How could that prove they actually killed him? the DNA could be taken from anyone at anytimeand they could say it was bin laden,
That's true and that's exactly why I said that even if Al'Qaida wouldn't go along with the official story, they wouldn't have any way of proving it. Even assuming that he just died four years ago, there wouldn't be anything but bones, teeth and hair left from him.

(12-07-2012 09:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The photo may be quite gory for example not much of his face left, which would make using it for ID worthless, There are to many variables to make releasing of that evidence worthwhile.
According to the official story, the Navy SEAL forces took a picture of his face and transmitted it to the CIA where they analyzed it with a face-recognition program that found it to have a 90-95% similarity to him. That means that there has to be quite a lot of his face left, in fact so much that it was sufficient enough to identifiy him.

(12-07-2012 09:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  But if they did release them would it be proof to you? would you be able to interpret them as correct?
What's there to interpret? Either the image matches his actual looks or it doesn't. The CIA aren't the only ones who own a face-recognition software.
13-07-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm thinking the OP is a lost cause...I did read the whole thing, and I don't see how the OP can be reasoned with.
13-07-2012, 10:25 AM
(13-07-2012 07:06 AM)benfromcanada Wrote:  I'm thinking the OP is a lost cause...I did read the whole thing, and I don't see how the OP can be reasoned with.
Thanks for sharing your profound opinion with us. I couldn't possibly argue the well thought out arguments you used in this post.
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-07-2012, 12:12 AM
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-05-03/world...s=PM:WORLD Wrote:"I have seen a great number of poorly Photoshopped images in my time as a photographer and I can tell by the pixels that it is a fake," said Kenna Lindsay, a New York-based photographer who works with composite images.

Favorite quote of the entire article. Internet jokes, spread to CNN as a real report. Angel

[Image: 500pxShopped.jpg?1318992465]

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/this-looks-shopped

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
08-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Sweet, sweet melancholy.

I've come a long way, haven't I?
08-02-2013, 06:35 PM
(29-06-2012 05:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I hope someone is able to find reasonable answers to these questions. It's been bugging me for quite some time. Huh
There are reasonable answers to your question, you just aren't listening to them.
08-02-2013, 06:43 PM
(08-02-2013 06:35 PM)Nappa Wrote:  There are reasonable answers to your question, you just aren't listening to them.
Notice the date?

29-06-2012

I actually agree that my arguments were piss-poor back then. Drinking Beverage
08-02-2013, 06:45 PM
(08-02-2013 06:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 06:35 PM)Nappa Wrote:  There are reasonable answers to your question, you just aren't listening to them.
Notice the date?

29-06-2012

I actually agree that my arguments were piss-poor back then. Drinking Beverage
you necro-posted in your own thread?
08-02-2013, 06:47 PM
(08-02-2013 06:45 PM)Nappa Wrote:  you necro-posted in your own thread?
Yes. Necro-posting isn't against the rules, if that's what you're concerned about.