Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist.
It hit me today that creationist go around say "speciation is proof of creation." However before we could show speciation beyond a reasonable doubt creationist used to say "speciation can never happen." I wish i new sources to show an example of this. This isn't the only time either. Now creationist say "well chimp and human dna and chromosomes being similar proves that we had a common designer." However in the past creationist used to go "Humans and chimps have nothing in common, and that the chromosomes are not the same." Again wish i had a source to show this, but you get the point. They move the goal post. They will say A can't happen because it proves evolution, and when A does happen the move the goal post and say "see point A actually proves creation." Waiting for the day they say beneficial mutations prove creation.Dodgy

http://ncse.com/cej/2/3/defining-kinds-d...e-standard

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist.
I would like to add creationist used to say natural selection is fake, then years later they say it proves creationism.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
06-03-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist.
They twist and appropriate science all the time. I recently had a discussion with a group of people about the wonders of the cosmos. We talked at length about black holes, relativity, dark energy, etc. When one of the friends and I stepped out for a smoke break, he said to me:

"With how well you understand the beauty of the universe, it's surprising to me that you're not a man of faith"

Dodgy

He continued to say how all that beauty, balance, and wonder could only have come from an intelligent creator and couldn't fathom that these things happened by "chance".

I simply told him that it was because I understood so much about the physics of the universe that I didn't believe in god. He didn't seem to process that, but at least he dropped it there.

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
06-03-2014, 02:20 PM
(06-03-2014 02:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  They twist and appropriate science all the time. I recently had a discussion with a group of people about the wonders of the cosmos. We talked at length about black holes, relativity, dark energy, etc. When one of the friends and I stepped out for a smoke break, he said to me:

"With how well you understand the beauty of the universe, it's surprising to me that you're not a man of faith"

Dodgy

He continued to say how all that beauty, balance, and wonder could only have come from an intelligent creator and couldn't fathom that these things happened by "chance".

I simply told him that it was because I understood so much about the physics of the universe that I didn't believe in god. He didn't seem to process that, but at least he dropped it there.

When people say by chance explain that black holes weren't destined to exist and if black didn't exist so be it the universe would still go on. They tend to stop that when the realize the universe wasn't made for beauty and that nothing on a universal scale is important.

06-03-2014, 02:43 PM
(06-03-2014 01:54 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I would like to add creationist used to say natural selection is fake, then years later they say it proves creationism.

In all fairness, as our knowledge of the world advances, scientific approaches advance to take it into account. As our scientific knowledge advances, so too must the apologetics that reject it. Once something becomes "obvious enough", it gets sort of hard to ignore it without killing your credibility.

As always, SMBC has a very apt comic regarding this:

[Image: 20100919.gif]
[+] 6 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-03-2014, 02:52 PM
(06-03-2014 02:43 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 01:54 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I would like to add creationist used to say natural selection is fake, then years later they say it proves creationism.

In all fairness, as our knowledge of the world advances, scientific approaches advance to take it into account. As our scientific knowledge advances, so too must the apologetics that reject it. Once something becomes "obvious enough", it gets sort of hard to ignore it without killing your credibility.

As always, SMBC has a very apt comic regarding this:

[Image: 20100919.gif]

The problem is rob is that it is dishonest to do that. If you are wrong say you are wrong.

06-03-2014, 02:55 PM
If there were evidence for creation there would be nobel prize winnings in biology and astrophysics not discussions on forums.
[+] 2 users Like donotwant's post
06-03-2014, 03:00 PM
(06-03-2014 02:55 PM)donotwant Wrote:  If there were evidence for creation there would be nobel prize winnings in biology and astrophysics not discussions on forums.

Ya but you know creationist like to use the government excuse. Despite the fact that science isn't usually paid by the government. Hell AIG just ruined this argument.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...reationism

06-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Couldn't care less what government leaders support. They had faith.
If president of america can present evidence for creation once and for all and get a nobel prize for it he is free to do so.
But then they wouldn't need faith.
06-03-2014, 06:42 PM
(06-03-2014 02:52 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  The problem is rob is that it is dishonest to do that. If you are wrong say you are wrong.

I'm not saying it's honest! All I'm saying is that as we learn more about the world, the fundies have more to fight against. It's like an idiot's version of the Red Queen's Race.

They learn as fast as they can just to stay as stupid!