Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 07:07 PM
RE: Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist.
(06-03-2014 06:42 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 02:52 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  The problem is rob is that it is dishonest to do that. If you are wrong say you are wrong.

I'm not saying it's honest! All I'm saying is that as we learn more about the world, the fundies have more to fight against. It's like an idiot's version of the Red Queen's Race.

They learn as fast as they can just to stay as stupid!

Oh sorry about that Big Grin. But your right when you make millions money is on the line if your a creationist, so fake it till you make it.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist.
(06-03-2014 07:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Oh sorry about that Big Grin. But your right when you make millions money is on the line if your a creationist, so fake it till you make it.

Yeah, that's the double-edged sword when it comes to clergy and trusting what they say. On one hand, you'd figure years of seminary and experience leading congregations would give them some authority on religious matters. On the other hand, their salaries are directly tied to them making specific claims...
06-03-2014, 07:32 PM
(06-03-2014 07:25 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 07:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Oh sorry about that Big Grin. But your right when you make millions money is on the line if your a creationist, so fake it till you make it.

Yeah, that's the double-edged sword when it comes to clergy and trusting what they say. On one hand, you'd figure years of seminary and experience leading congregations would give them some authority on religious matters. On the other hand, their salaries are directly tied to them making specific claims...

Ironically creationist say we lie about evolution for money. However when you look at answers in genesis and irc makes more money a year then any scientist. If we were really after money every one would be a creationist.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
07-03-2014, 09:03 AM
(06-03-2014 02:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  He continued to say how all that beauty, balance, and wonder could only have come from an intelligent creator and couldn't fathom that these things happened by "chance".

I don't understand where all this talk of "chance" and "randomness" comes from. Nature does not work by chance. It works by immutable laws. Processes in the universe are certain. There is some small amount of chance in outcomes of these processes but only in a narrow range. If you have a cloud of Hydrogen big enough and gravity you get a star, every time. The stars might very in mass and temperature but you never get a submarine sandwich or an infinite number of monkeys. You get a ball of fusing Hydrogen.

Whenever someone says that it is impossible that all of this came about by chance I always say I agree with you 100% because nature doesn't work by chance.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.
07-03-2014, 09:16 AM
(07-03-2014 09:03 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 02:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  He continued to say how all that beauty, balance, and wonder could only have come from an intelligent creator and couldn't fathom that these things happened by "chance".

I don't understand where all this talk of "chance" and "randomness" comes from. Nature does not work by chance. It works by immutable laws. Processes in the universe are certain. There is some small amount of chance in outcomes of these processes but only in a narrow range. If you have a cloud of Hydrogen big enough and gravity you get a star, every time. The stars might very in mass and temperature but you never get a submarine sandwich or an infinite number of monkeys. You get a ball of fusing Hydrogen.

Whenever someone says that it is impossible that all of this came about by chance I always say I agree with you 100% because nature doesn't work by chance.

From my experience, it comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of the science behind evolution. Not just biological evolution, but the way all things evolve and change. I think it also has to do with their inability to comprehend the scales involved. The "monkeys never gave birth to a human" BS is indicative of this. They think that there is a clear delineation between forms instead of an extremely slow, gradual change that leads to a new form WAAAAAAY down the line.

It seems to me that until they can comprehend or learn that their fundamental understanding is flawed, they won't be able to comprehend how the changes could lead from one form to another.

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister