Evidence which would constitute God's Existence ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Evidence which would constitute God's Existence ...
(03-01-2015 09:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 09:06 PM)fmudd Wrote:  No one said curing a sick child is entertainment; an analogy was being drawn.

The point is; why stop at curing the suffering child? Why not cure every conceivable ailment of mankind ?

You did say precisely that. Now you try to weasel out of it. What analogy ? Apparently you have no clue what an analogy is.

And you destroy your own ridiculous position. Jebus said "If you ask ANYTHING in my name, it will be given you" Just like you, he lied. That is precisely the point. Why NOT cure every ailment ? Why not cure a tiny FEW aliments. Your god is an absent powerless god.

I see what you are trying to do; you have (1) misquoted, (2) misunderstood, and (3) misrepresented both my words and scripture.

However, you have proven my earlier point; what you are saying is that God doesn't exist unless He does what you wants Him to do when you want Him to do it.

Like a Genie in a bottle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 10:25 PM
(03-01-2015 09:49 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 09:24 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Again, I don't pretend to speak for God.

That's fine, admirable and understandable.

(03-01-2015 09:24 PM)fmudd Wrote:  However, what you said would be a fair statement if I felt that God didn't care about us.

So... given things in the world and that said proposed god is the creator etc of everything within said reality how or where do you see said god actually caring?

(03-01-2015 09:24 PM)fmudd Wrote:  What I said through implication was that God doesn't serve the whims of man.

So... what then does said god do for humanity?

Much cheers to all.

It sounds like you are asking for the benefits of believing.

What kinds of benefits are you expecting?
03-01-2015, 11:30 PM
(03-01-2015 09:11 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Google "Documented Miracles" and see what you find.
Nothing with supporting evidence.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
04-01-2015, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 08:45 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-01-2015 10:01 PM)fmudd Wrote:  I see what you are trying to do; you have (1) misquoted, (2) misunderstood, and (3) misrepresented both my words and scripture.

However, you have proven my earlier point; what you are saying is that God doesn't exist unless He does what you wants Him to do when you want Him to do it.

So you have no "analogy" and cannot produce what you said you were doing, and indeed are attempting to weasel out of your prior statement. How intellectually honest of you.

Indeed it's always "misunderstood" if one does not AGREE with your crap theistsic garbage. So you cannot follow your own argument and explain why your fucking god doesn't EVER do anything to alleviate pain and suffering, and indeed the universe is exactly the way one would expect it to be if there were no gods.

You are totally unable to refute the scripture I quoted except by CLAIMING it was "misquoted", yet are totally unable to explain why and how.

Your god IS a "genie in a bottle". Rub the bottle and NOTHING HAPPENS.
Is THAT the sort of crap you paid good money to memorize in Apologetics class, along with the FALSE ANALOGY of the idiotic "experience of red" crap. You really should ask for your money back. Oh wait, Biola Crap College probably has a Stupidity Policy, and if they had to do that, they would have to close their doors. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-01-2015, 05:12 AM
(04-01-2015 02:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 10:01 PM)fmudd Wrote:  I see what you are trying to do; you have (1) misquoted, (2) misunderstood, and (3) misrepresented both my words and scripture.

So you have no "analogy" and cannot produce what you said you were doing, and indeed are attempting to weasel out of your prior statement. How intellectually honest of you.

Indeed it's always "misunderstood" if one does not AGREE with your crap theistsic garbage. So you cannot follow your own argument and explain why your fucking god doesn't EVER do anything to alleviate pain and suffering, and indeed the universe is exactly the way one would expect it to be if there were no gods.

Are totally unable to refute the scripture I quoted except by CLAIMING it was "misquoted", yet are totally unable to explain why and how.

Is THAT the sort of crap you paid good money to memorize in Apologetics class, along with the FALSE ANALOGY of the idiotic "experience of red" crap. You really should ask for your money back. Oh wait, Biola Crap College probably has a Stupidity Policy, and if they had to do that, they would have to close their doors. Thumbsup

Is he seriously still going on about that "can't describe red to the blind" bullshit, even after I thoroughly handed him his ass back in post #32 and #38? Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-01-2015, 07:58 AM
(03-01-2015 10:25 PM)fmudd Wrote:  It sounds like you are asking for the benefits of believing.

Blink

Okay.. that's a different question.

So... if a deity does exist. Then what are/is the point of its interactions with Humanity?

Why should I detail/delineate what this god should give as benefits? If the god exists, then anything coming from it should be evident, no?
04-01-2015, 09:10 AM
(03-01-2015 09:11 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Google "Documented Miracles" and see what you find.

A lot of wishful thinking and confirmation bias that is often hidden behind pseudo-scientific jargon. 404 errors would be just as meaningful.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
04-01-2015, 11:12 AM
(04-01-2015 02:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So you have no "analogy" and cannot produce what you said you were doing, and indeed are attempting to weasel out of your prior statement. How intellectually honest of you.

You are totally unable to refute the scripture I quoted except by CLAIMING it was "misquoted", yet are totally unable to explain why and how.

Let's try this again. Smile

First, I find it serendipitous you quoted a passage from John (Chapter 14, Verse 14) where a few verses before (John, Chapter 14, Verse 8) Philip was challenging Jesus to show them God. Jesus responded with verse 9-21 including the one line you misrepresented and pulled out of context to that challenge.

The key that you missed is found in Verse 12.

Secondly, believers will tell you prayer works.
04-01-2015, 11:24 AM
(04-01-2015 07:58 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 10:25 PM)fmudd Wrote:  It sounds like you are asking for the benefits of believing.

Blink

Okay.. that's a different question.

So... if a deity does exist. Then what are/is the point of its interactions with Humanity?

Why should I detail/delineate what this god should give as benefits? If the god exists, then anything coming from it should be evident, no?

If I understand your question correctly, the point at which believers interact with God is prayer and meditation.

For the faithful, prayer works.
04-01-2015, 11:26 AM
(04-01-2015 05:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Is he seriously still going on about that "can't describe red to the blind" bullshit, even after I thoroughly handed him his ass back in post #32 and #38? Dodgy

Hey color chart guy! Smile

No, you handed us a thoroughly useless color chart and asked us to show it to a blind person.