Evidence which would constitute God's Existence ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Evidence which would constitute God's Existence ...
(04-01-2015 09:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 09:06 PM)fmudd Wrote:  First, since when did I dismiss other Gods?

Second, what else in this world is like what you feel God is?

You're not tracking. You appear not to get what that fallacy is. You attempted to use vast NUMBERS of people to support your argument. It fails. IF you are trying to argue for Isis, Osiris, Amun Ra, Baal, Allah, Zeus, Hera, and Jupiter, then you're worse off than I thought.

No, you are saying that billions of believers' brains are "INTERPRETING chemical signals in your brain as a 'god' ". That's your sentiment.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 11:39 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(04-01-2015 08:12 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 07:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one said he's "inside" people. Just like ALL things "experienced" they ARE the same thing. As I said you know NOTHING about Psychology and human "experiences" and how they are studied. When a religious person says they "experience" their god by whatever means, (awe through nature, music, love etc etc) the experience is STILL by virtue of an intact functioning brain. There is no essential difference to the kinds of "experience". When your brain tell you, you "experience god through prayer" it's nothing but your brain INTERPRETING chemical signals in your brain as a "god". One could subject your brain to an MRI scan or a PET scan and watch it happen. It's a PHYSICAL phenomenon. Nothing more.
Is that what you think God is? The collective chemicals of billions of people over thousands of years?

(04-01-2015 10:36 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 09:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You're not tracking. You appear not to get what that fallacy is. You attempted to use vast NUMBERS of people to support your argument. It fails. IF you are trying to argue for Isis, Osiris, Amun Ra, Baal, Allah, Zeus, Hera, and Jupiter, then you're worse off than I thought.
No, you are saying that billions of believers' brains are "INTERPRETING chemical signals in your brain as a 'god' ". That's your sentiment.

"Billions of people believe in god, therefore god" - Argumentum Ad Populum fallacy (many people can indeed all be wrong, the sheer number of people who agree does not in and of itself denote it's accuracy or truthfulness).

"Billions of people who claim to have experienced a god are just interpreting chemical signals in the brain" - A claim backed up by our understanding of psychology, physiology, and neuroscience; in addition to the complete lack of evidence for the supernatural, and our understanding of the all too human origins of religious beliefs.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-01-2015, 11:30 PM
(04-01-2015 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  (many people can indeed all be wrong, the sheer number of people who agree does not in and of itself denote it's accuracy or truthfulness).
*its

(04-01-2015 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  A claim backed up by our understanding of psychology, physiology, and neuroscience; in addition to the completed lack of evidence for the supernatural, and our understanding of the all too human origins of religious beliefs.
*complete

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
04-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Praying = Placebo effect + Confirmation bias

I like maths Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
04-01-2015, 11:40 PM
(04-01-2015 11:36 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Praying = Placebo effect + Confirmation bias

I like maths Smile

Praying = isLucky ? (placebo effect * confirmation bias) : placebo effect

Drinking Beverage

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
04-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Big Grin

The dumbest thing about praying is the idea that God is continually altering his perfect plan in order to grant pathetic selfish requests, and changing his mind about stuff like when people should die.

God knows what he's doing, stick to kissing his ass and don't tell him his business Tongue

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
05-01-2015, 12:25 AM
(04-01-2015 11:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  (many people can indeed all be wrong, the sheer number of people who agree does not in and of itself denote it's accuracy or truthfulness).
*its

(04-01-2015 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  A claim backed up by our understanding of psychology, physiology, and neuroscience; in addition to the completed lack of evidence for the supernatural, and our understanding of the all too human origins of religious beliefs.
*complete

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

For fuck's sake...

Between fmudd, brownshirt, and bozo, you feel the need to give me shit about my grammar? Especially when I actually try? Dodgy

05-01-2015, 03:07 AM
(05-01-2015 12:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  For fuck's sake...

Between fmudd, brownshirt, and bozo, you feel the need to give me shit about my grammar? Especially when I actually try? Dodgy

Like you don't know that such is his shtick... and since when are you such a volatile motherfucker?

living word
05-01-2015, 03:14 AM
(04-01-2015 10:36 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 09:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You're not tracking. You appear not to get what that fallacy is. You attempted to use vast NUMBERS of people to support your argument. It fails. IF you are trying to argue for Isis, Osiris, Amun Ra, Baal, Allah, Zeus, Hera, and Jupiter, then you're worse off than I thought.

In *their* brains. Yes. That's what they are all (were) doing. Are you purposely being obtuse ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-01-2015, 03:43 AM
(05-01-2015 03:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 12:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  For fuck's sake...

Like you don't know that such is his shtick... and since when are you such a volatile motherfucker?

Close proximity to Brownshirt will do that to you. Drinking Beverage