Evidence which would constitute God's Existence ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: Evidence which would constitute God's Existence ...
(03-01-2015 09:15 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 12:16 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Exactly. Why would god create souls, why would god judge humans, why would god create a heaven... There is no point to it for a complete god that needs nothing.

I don't pretend to know what is in God's mind and why he created us. I just know He just did.

He loves us is not the same thing as saying He needs us.

No, you don't know that - you only believe that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-01-2015, 09:29 AM
(04-01-2015 11:12 AM)fmudd Wrote:  Secondly, believers will tell you prayer works.

Of course they will - they're believers.

05-01-2015, 09:30 AM
(04-01-2015 11:24 AM)fmudd Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 07:58 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Blink

Okay.. that's a different question.

So... if a deity does exist. Then what are/is the point of its interactions with Humanity?

Why should I detail/delineate what this god should give as benefits? If the god exists, then anything coming from it should be evident, no?

If I understand your question correctly, the point at which believers interact with God is prayer and meditation.

For the faithful, prayer works.

No, for the faithful, confirmation bias is at work.

[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
05-01-2015, 01:15 PM
(03-01-2015 09:06 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 12:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just who in the fuck do you think you are spouting off what God is or is not here to do or not do ? Who the fuck disclosed to you His fucking "mysterious ways" ? Are you His god damn fucking High Priest ? Pope ? Prophet ?

You call curing a suffering child in agony "entertainment" ?

You are one seriously sick fuck.

No one said curing a sick child is entertainment; an analogy was being drawn.

The point is; why stop at curing the suffering child? Why not cure every conceivable ailment of mankind ?

Exactly, why doesn't your god do that?

Why do you assert he loves us or cares about us when he apparently doesn't do this?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
05-01-2015, 01:37 PM
(05-01-2015 01:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 09:06 PM)fmudd Wrote:  No one said curing a sick child is entertainment; an analogy was being drawn.

The point is; why stop at curing the suffering child? Why not cure every conceivable ailment of mankind ?

Exactly, why doesn't your god do that?

Why do you assert he loves us or cares about us when he apparently doesn't do this?

Mysterious ways! One mustn't tempt! Do not pay attention to the man behind the curtain!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-01-2015, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 01:56 PM by fmudd.)
(04-01-2015 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "Billions of people believe in god, therefore god" - Argumentum Ad Populum fallacy (many people can indeed all be wrong, the sheer number of people who agree does not in and of itself denote it's accuracy or truthfulness).

"Billions of people who claim to have experienced a god are just interpreting chemical signals in the brain" - A claim backed up by our understanding of psychology, physiology, and neuroscience; in addition to the complete lack of evidence for the supernatural, and our understanding of the all too human origins of religious beliefs.

Nice try. This is the third time you have misrepresented and misquoted what I said.

You are effectively saying that billions of believers are liars when they give direct testimony in that they have experienced God in their lives.
05-01-2015, 01:52 PM
(04-01-2015 11:53 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Big Grin

The dumbest thing about praying is the idea that God is continually altering his perfect plan in order to grant pathetic selfish requests, and changing his mind about stuff like when people should die.

God knows what he's doing, stick to kissing his ass and don't tell him his business Tongue

Most believers seek answers in prayer; not to "grant pathetic selfish requests".
05-01-2015, 02:03 PM
(05-01-2015 01:52 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:53 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Big Grin

The dumbest thing about praying is the idea that God is continually altering his perfect plan in order to grant pathetic selfish requests, and changing his mind about stuff like when people should die.

God knows what he's doing, stick to kissing his ass and don't tell him his business Tongue

Most believers seek answers in prayer; not to "grant pathetic selfish requests".

So any time a prayer isn't answered it's a " pathetic selfish request". I see how it works now.

So if I ask god to end someone's suffering, that would be pathetic and selfish?

How many parents with children dying of cancer prayed to have their child healed?

How many died anyway?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
05-01-2015, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 02:32 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-01-2015 01:46 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "Billions of people believe in god, therefore god" - Argumentum Ad Populum fallacy (many people can indeed all be wrong, the sheer number of people who agree does not in and of itself denote it's accuracy or truthfulness).

"Billions of people who claim to have experienced a god are just interpreting chemical signals in the brain" - A claim backed up by our understanding of psychology, physiology, and neuroscience; in addition to the complete lack of evidence for the supernatural, and our understanding of the all too human origins of religious beliefs.

Nice try. This is the third time you have misrepresented and misquoted what I said.

You are effectively saying that billions of believers are liars when they give direct testimony in that they have experienced God in their lives.

I am doing no such thing. They believe what they believe. They are in no way "lying". They do/did not understand Neuro-science, just as you do not.
Are you saying that all the people who said they experienced Jupiter and Hera really DID that ? That all the people who said they experienced Baal really did do that ? The fact is, you're making an exception for your god, and YOU KNOW IT. If not, what "experienced gods" are real experiences, and which are not, and how do you know the difference ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-01-2015, 03:22 PM
(05-01-2015 02:03 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 01:52 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Most believers seek answers in prayer; not to "grant pathetic selfish requests".

So any time a prayer isn't answered it's a " pathetic selfish request". I see how it works now.

So if I ask god to end someone's suffering, that would be pathetic and selfish?

How many parents with children dying of cancer prayed to have their child healed?

How many died anyway?

I was responding to Robvalue; I don't judge what request is selfish or not. Your issue is with that commenter.