Evidence which would constitute God's Existence ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2015, 03:25 PM
RE: Evidence which would constitute God's Existence ...
(05-01-2015 01:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Exactly, why doesn't your god do that?

Why do you assert he loves us or cares about us when he apparently doesn't do this?

Are you asking why God doesn't take care of each and every ailment man experiences?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2015, 03:26 PM
(05-01-2015 03:25 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 01:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Exactly, why doesn't your god do that?

Why do you assert he loves us or cares about us when he apparently doesn't do this?

Are you asking why God doesn't take care of each and every ailment man experiences?

Why does your asserted deity allow pointless suffering?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
05-01-2015, 03:30 PM
(05-01-2015 01:46 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "Billions of people believe in god, therefore god" - Argumentum Ad Populum fallacy (many people can indeed all be wrong, the sheer number of people who agree does not in and of itself denote it's accuracy or truthfulness).

"Billions of people who claim to have experienced a god are just interpreting chemical signals in the brain" - A claim backed up by our understanding of psychology, physiology, and neuroscience; in addition to the complete lack of evidence for the supernatural, and our understanding of the all too human origins of religious beliefs.

Nice try. This is the third time you have misrepresented and misquoted what I said.

You are effectively saying that billions of believers are liars when they give direct testimony in that they have experienced God in their lives.

They can be wrong without lying.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-01-2015, 03:32 PM
(13-02-2014 03:47 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Christian Friend: "Since this was brought up in another thread I thought I would separate it out here: What constitutes evidence of gods existence?"

Nothing.

Since god doesn't exist, how can there be any available evidence?

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
05-01-2015, 03:43 PM
(05-01-2015 03:25 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Are you asking why God doesn't take care of each and every ailment man experiences?
Why wouldn't god cure all cancer and make us immune to future cancer?
For what purpose does cancer provide?
05-01-2015, 04:04 PM
(05-01-2015 03:43 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 03:25 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Are you asking why God doesn't take care of each and every ailment man experiences?
Why wouldn't god cure all cancer and make us immune to future cancer?
For what purpose does cancer provide?

Something something free will something mysterious ways.

Obviously.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
05-01-2015, 05:40 PM
(05-01-2015 01:52 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:53 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Big Grin

The dumbest thing about praying is the idea that God is continually altering his perfect plan in order to grant pathetic selfish requests, and changing his mind about stuff like when people should die.

God knows what he's doing, stick to kissing his ass and don't tell him his business Tongue

Most believers seek answers in prayer; not to "grant pathetic selfish requests".

Prove it. So you did a poll then ? Let's see the poll questions and the results.
Waiting for a reply to my last question.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Read the first 4 pages of this and saw it got derailed so just jumping to the end. What would it take for me to believe in god (and I'm assuming we are referring to the christian god here)? Easy. Just do one of the following:
1. turn water into wine
2. part a sea. Any sea.
3. bring the dead back to life
4. really any of the miracles of the bible. Just repeat one of them. Just a single one.
5. Go for some new stuff - change the rotation of the earth and have it spin the other way.

the Bible is full of examples of how god revealed himself to his followers. It wasn't 100% based on faith. He did things to actually prove he was this almighty being with infinite power and knowledge. A burning bush that is never consumed by the fire. A man living in a fish or a whale (it's commonly referred to as a whale but it may not have been). The list goes on and on and on. And now, in the modern era .... nothing. Just all blind faith.

One of my favorite quotes, by someone I never heard of otherwise: "When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f*ckin turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

God providing evidence that he actually exists would be monumentally easy for an almighty creator. He could do it at a moments notice. He could make an announcement heard by every person in the world at the same time, in their own language, and that would be fairly convincing.

That he doesn't say or do anything speaks volumes.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
05-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Talk of God is premature. I have yet to see convincing evidence that I exist. ... So there's that.

#sigh
05-01-2015, 07:28 PM
(05-01-2015 07:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Talk of God is premature. I have yet to see convincing evidence that I exist. ... So there's that.

You posted on this forum.

Girlyman-1
YHWH-0

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post