Evil Religious Teachings Camouflaged as "Motivational Preaching"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Evil Religious Teachings Camouflaged as "Motivational Preaching"
"When god pushes you to the edge of difficulty, trust him fully because 2 things can happen; either he'll catch you when you fall or he'll teach you how to fly."

I saw this today and I say this is evil and completely irresponsible to the beholder. Possibilities are not infinite; when the heft of the reality of life oppresses your emotional status, especially those who are already susceptible to losing, they are incredibly limited. This message also for me describes the mindset of a suicide bomber.

This is obviously a discriminate outreach, after all, could this message pertain to one who is in possession of not even falling under his own guise...such as Stephen Hawking? To that man on a ledge who takes his leap to bring doomsday to his life? Or could it possibly...and only possibly...pertain only to someone who does something so seemingly inhumane and awkward as...pfft....get sad once in a while?

A message such as this only does 2 things as far as I am concerned: Designs suicide bombers and produces a feel good jack off session for someone who already feels good be default.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Matthew Laramore's post
18-05-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: Evil Religious Teachings Camouflaged as "Motivational Preaching"
(18-05-2013 11:01 PM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  "When god pushes you to the edge of difficulty, trust him fully because 2 things can happen; either he'll catch you when you fall or he'll teach you how to fly."

I saw this today and I say this is evil and completely irresponsible to the beholder. Possibilities are not infinite; when the heft of the reality of life oppresses your emotional status, especially those who are already susceptible to losing, they are incredibly limited. This message also for me describes the mindset of a suicide bomber.

This is obviously a discriminate outreach, after all, could this message pertain to one who is in possession of not even falling under his own guise...such as Stephen Hawking? To that man on a ledge who takes his leap to bring doomsday to his life? Or could it possibly...and only possibly...pertain only to someone who does something so seemingly inhumane and awkward as...pfft....get sad once in a while?

A message such as this only does 2 things as far as I am concerned: Designs suicide bombers and produces a feel good jack off session for someone who already feels good be default.

A message like this disempowers the reader. It implies that one's destiny is out of one's control, and is determined by the will of a celestial dictator, not the actions of the person. I agree with you it is immoral.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
18-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Yeah, it's bullshit but it's not an ingredient of suicide bombing.

How to make a suicide bomber... or, "If I Blow Myself Up and Become A Martyr, I Will Finally be Loved"

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Hey, Jefe.

Thank you for bringing the reason. You're right. That doesn't make a suicide bomber. Not by a long shot.

Hey, ML.

You've supremely misinterpreted the message. That saying is Christian for, "When the goin' get's tough, don't be a fucking pussy."

Ain't nothin' evil 'bout that.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
19-05-2013, 02:10 PM
(18-05-2013 11:01 PM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  "When god pushes you to the edge of difficulty, trust him fully because 2 things can happen; either he'll catch you when you fall or he'll teach you how to fly."

You need to re-evaluate your thinking. This says to me, "hang in there". There's nothing evil about it.
19-05-2013, 06:13 PM
It absolutely is immoral because a person "on the edge of difficulty" needs to find a real solution in order for things to truly get better. This teaches them instead to be complacent and trust that god will make everything better one way or another. A person's life could completely fall apart - or their health, or the health of loved ones, or whatever the case may be - while they wait on this lie. It certainly is immoral to mislead people in this way especially without regard for the consequences. Worse yet, when everything gets worse while the person in difficulty waits for god, the explanation is "god works in mysterious ways and this really is good for you although it may not seem that way to you right now". It makes me want to puke. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
19-05-2013, 10:16 PM
(19-05-2013 02:10 PM)childeye Wrote:  

You need to re-evaluate your thinking. This says to me, "hang in there". There's nothing evil about it.

I'll consider that if you'll put forth any effort that provides a solid foundation for me to do so. You can not sit there and deny what little consideration many put into any outrageous saying as long as "god" is in the middle of the sentence, and furthermore, the mindframe of a single individual at the supposed definition. How many religiously affiliated people can look in the mirror and smile because they're told to, are recited random memes and scapegoat them as a solution to questioning what guilt can surface after they act on impulse?

The God Excuse has worked in Catholic Church's favor after all its crimes against humanity and I have heard many accused and convicted priests recite sayings such as these before and even after they've been sentenced, which only tells me that yes it works as a confidence booster...but not just in situations that demand them to stay focused on what makes them giggle but also in situations where the most heinous and disgusting acts can be justified as long people who can read the word "god" in the sentence.

And it's not just for this basis, take Vassula Ryden, whose very existence to me is only comparable to the same caliber as that of a Rubik cube. She says that thousands of people who lost their lives on 9-11 at the hands of god-feaerers are justifiable. Why? Because she knew it was going to happen. How? Because she claims god told her. Did she interfere o prevent it? No. Why? Because god didn't tell her to. Remember this picture and google a quote from her in any of her books that is used as a "positive outlook" for others to base when they should be happy or why and then listen what she actually says verbally to our ears and tell me that it does not make one susceptible to to going in a zig-zag groove through life. Billy Graham has done it to people, Jerry Falwell, Sylvia Browne and look at the groupies piling up for the Boston Marathon Bomber. Son of Sam, do you think any of them have read or have been read words such as these and abused them, because by default they are supposed to be abused?

No, I see no need in re-evaluating anything with this, especially when you haven't even evaluated it period.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]