Evil USA perspective.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Evil USA perspective.
I feel like ranting about the amount of people that seem to actually HATE the US. Understandably they cite the amount of wars that the US have been involved in and the people killed etc.

My problem with this simple argument is that one cannot view the morality of the most powerful (by far) and thus most responsible nation on earth in black and white.

A flaw in this argument arises when you question their knowledge on the GOOD things the US have done such as the intervention in Bosnia.

Can anybody help enhance my argument? or even argue that the US IS actually a great evil and morally inferior?

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 10:13 AM
RE: Evil USA perspective.
We invented the Pet Rock, the Hula Hoop and Deep Fried Twinkies....

How much more good can it get????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-04-2015, 10:14 AM
I would think part of the problem which causes it to justifiably rise is proclamations like saying the US is the most powerful thus most responsible nation on Earth.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
10-04-2015, 10:15 AM
(10-04-2015 10:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We invented the Pet Rock, the Hula Hoop and Deep Fried Twinkies....

How much more good can it get????

Damn.... that'll shut em up!

10-04-2015, 10:19 AM
"Responsibility", that's rather ignorant.
The US has a responsibility not because it's the most powerful country on the planet but because it's often the cause of the problem to begin with.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-04-2015, 10:19 AM
(10-04-2015 10:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I would think part of the problem which causes it to justifiably rise is proclamations like saying the US is the most powerful thus most responsible nation on Earth.

Has it not been for the past 50 years? Most powerful because of relations and involvement in other countries.

For example the Saddam issue. US had more than the capabilities needed to remove him, he was evil, slaughtering his own people. Standing by and letting him do so = evil. Removing him = risk can result in worsening of affairs.

10-04-2015, 10:20 AM
(10-04-2015 10:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  "Responsibility", that's rather ignorant.
The US has a responsibility not because it's the most powerful country on the planet but because it's often the cause of the problem to begin with.

You say it's ignorant then agree that it has responsibility.

10-04-2015, 10:21 AM
What do you mean by "responsible?" Responsible for setting the highest number of crappy film and music trends, maybe?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-04-2015, 10:23 AM
I'm just gonna go ahead and quote Spiderman to clear things up, "with great power comes great responsibility".

10-04-2015, 10:24 AM
(10-04-2015 10:20 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  "Responsibility", that's rather ignorant.

You say it's ignorant then agree that it has responsibility.

I say it is ignorant that you think the US has a responsibility because it's the most militarily powerful country on Earth (even though that's very debatable. "Classical" warfare maybe but that's not the wars of today.).

I am saying it has a responsibility because it caused the problem to begin with. Nothing to do with its military strength.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post