Evil USA perspective.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-04-2015, 12:22 PM
RE: Evil USA perspective.
I've always been bothered by the US' involvement in other nations. I've never felt "proud to be an American." But I do acknowledge that I'm fortunate to be one.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
10-04-2015, 12:23 PM
(10-04-2015 12:05 PM)Bad Wolf Wrote:  I think that the best way to think of it is the best of a bad situation or the lesser of two evils. America had done bad stuff, but it's still a better country than say...North Korea. America has freedom of speech, freedom of religion, a secular government, a constitution, free media. They may do bad things from time to time, but I would rather have America rule the world than Russia or Iraq or North Korea or Saudia Arabia.

The comparison with North Korea is useless because any country can be better than North Korea in almost anything

Freedom of speech and religion - It doesn't look that way from what I've seen on atheist forums - Some things that I see happening in American would be labelled theocratic in Europe

Free media - America ranks 46, not bad but it could be better, it's not the freedom wet dream if you ask me

Constitution - Any civilized country has a written constitution except for Britain that has the Magna Carta, Bill of rights and other legal sources - Constitutions don't mean jack shit if their formulated in a way that don't protect people's rights - I can find violations of any state's constitution being subtly done trough twisted interpretation of constitutional laws

Saudi arabia and NK are extreme comparisons. But is America that good compared to Russia or China? Well China is a dictatorship, but how else do you propose to rule over close to 2.0 billion people with diverse ethnicities and multi-conflictual interests? Russia is an oligarchy, we all know that, but so is America - i don't see Russia invading ex URSS any worse than the US invading Iraq

Quote:You could find reasons to hate and love any country. The USA get hate as much as they get love. It's pretty balanced if you ask me.
A pretty good point - How many people do we all know that love American movies, songs, bands, shows, series, books and have their culture influenced by globalization (mostly based on anglo-saxon british american culture)? Pretty much everybody. Even people who hate america like some things about them.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-04-2015, 12:28 PM
(10-04-2015 12:05 PM)Bad Wolf Wrote:  I think that the best way to think of it is the best of a bad situation or the lesser of two evils. America had done bad stuff, but it's still a better country than say...North Korea. America has freedom of speech, freedom of religion, a secular government, a constitution, free media. They may do bad things from time to time, but I would rather have America rule the world than Russia or Iraq or North Korea or Saudia Arabia.

A secular government which has been corrupted by the christian movement for decades. now.
A constitution which has been ignored and violated by politicians time and time again.
A free media - The majority of which is owned by ONE person, who is a religious nut and basically controls everything his radio, cable and tv stations put out. Read up on the history of Fox TV, who owns it and how corrupt they are.
Freedom of religion - have you read the news coming out of Indiana recently?

Are we as bad as North Korea? No. But we aren't too far behind with our extremely corrupt government system and a Federal Reserve that isn't even owned by its own country. That's right. The Federal Reserve is NOT a government institution. It is owned by 5 of America's largest banks.

This country is going to destroy itself with greed and ignorance. And honestly, I hope I'm not around to see it happen.
[+] 3 users Like Judi Lynn's post
10-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Brainless antiamerican attitudes became "cool" during the Bush years and now continues to live on in zombie form.

Problem with it is it`s inherint stupidity, which creates such think like a lesbian feminsit demonstrating in support of the Taliban in London.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
10-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Evil USA? No. Dumb Americans thinking they're the center of the universe (as demonstrated in and by the OP)? Yes.
However, it's still a country like any other. It has good things and bad things. No country is "all good" or "all bad".

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
10-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Evil USA perspective.
(10-04-2015 10:11 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I feel like ranting about the amount of people that seem to actually HATE the US. ?

10-04-2015, 01:17 PM
The US is not far behind North korea? Are you serious? I think you're over reacting slightly.
[+] 2 users Like Bad Wolf's post
10-04-2015, 01:48 PM
(10-04-2015 12:22 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I've always been bothered by the US' involvement in other nations. I've never felt "proud to be an American." But I do acknowledge that I'm fortunate to be one.

This is my feeling as well. The US is not perfect (what country is?), but I would not want to live anywhere else. There are other countries that I could get used to if I had to, but I would not voluntarily leave the US. And no country deserves hatred. There are good people and bad people in every country.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-04-2015, 02:54 PM
(10-04-2015 12:17 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:19 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Has it not been for the past 50 years? Most powerful because of relations and involvement in other countries.

For example the Saddam issue. US had more than the capabilities needed to remove him, he was evil, slaughtering his own people. Standing by and letting him do so = evil. Removing him = risk can result in worsening of affairs.

You haven't really brushed up on your history have you? But you seem to forget that it was the US that gave him those weapons in the first place. I live in the US and I am deeply saddened by some of the decisions our former presidents have done in the past. Ronald Reagan was primarily responsible for handing over weapons to Saddam in the 80's.

Then - we start wars with countries that didn't have a damn thing to do with anything, in the first place. Think Iraq.
Then and only after thousands of people were killed after a war WE started, comes the admittance from our former elected leaders that there never were any WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) found.

Let's not discuss Watergate.
Or the Bengazi attacks.
Hillary will NEVER get my vote. That woman should stay OUT of office.

We piss off our own citizens by offering aid to other countries while totally ignoring the cries of our own. Think Hurricane Katrina.

We will happily accept illegal aliens by offering them drivers licenses, money, food stamps, health care and housing by using tax money provided by the very same Natural born Citizens and Legal Residents that the US refuses to give those same benefits to without some sort of proof that they have fallen upon hard times.

Our government does not take care of their homeless, rather it will spend $900 on a new toilet for the White House. If it wasn't for the acts of kindness of the Citizens of this country, the homeless wouldn't be taken care of at all.

We loan billions to other countries yet never demand repayment, yet this country will happily foreclose on a house it sold to it's own citizens. Think USDA's 502 home loan program. I was a victim and lost my house in 2012.

I see no other country offering the US and her citizens any sort of "aid".

Our politicians constantly violate the constitution. One such fine example is Obamacare. Citizens are not, according to the US Constitution, supposed to be forced to purchase anything they don't want. Obamacare neatly steps around this by imposing a "tax" on citizens who refuse to purchase healthcare.

Ahh yes... our "powerful" and "most responsible" country is a joke. The country's judicial system is corrupt and your vote for elected officials is laughable. Corporations who pay lobbyists, who in turn pay off politicians, easily sway votes in their favor. Try reading about Fracking sometime.

If I had the money to move out of this lousy country and take my children with me, we would be gone in an instant. Amsterdam comes to mind. At least I could smoke there without worrying about getting arrested and put in jail on a minor pot possession. Pot - you know... that NATURAL plant that the US has deemed illegal. Only within the last several years have some states slowly started changing their laws about it, but even then, it's still restrictive.

The US.. the all powerful nation of people who came here and quickly pushed out the indigent peoples of this land ruthlessly and with hate. Yup. What a great country we live in. NoNoNo

By the way - I got a 98% on my Citizenship test in high school. In 1989.

Don't tell me I haven't brushed up on my history because I didn't follow an instance so far back. I also mentioned the "communism vs capitalism" issue which is a part of that.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
10-04-2015, 02:55 PM
(10-04-2015 12:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:19 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  For example the Saddam issue. US had more than the capabilities needed to remove him, he was evil, slaughtering his own people. Standing by and letting him do so = evil. Removing him = risk can result in worsening of affairs.

In which case they probably shouldn't have given him the tools to do so.

Funny, that.

Already mentioned that.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.