Evil USA perspective.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-04-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: Evil USA perspective.
(10-04-2015 12:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:27 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I think the US isn't a morally superior nation, but I don't think it's right for people to keep singling it out as evil.

People don't single it out as evil; they single it out as having the most direct impact on their lives and the lives of others. And that's a fairly undeniable observation.

I'm just speaking about people who I've spoken to about the US and my experience with those people. A HUGE number of people in my life think the US is a nation of evil conspiracy trying to take over the world.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 04:18 PM
(10-04-2015 02:54 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 12:17 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  You haven't really brushed up on your history have you? But you seem to forget that it was the US that gave him those weapons in the first place. I live in the US and I am deeply saddened by some of the decisions our former presidents have done in the past. Ronald Reagan was primarily responsible for handing over weapons to Saddam in the 80's.

Then - we start wars with countries that didn't have a damn thing to do with anything, in the first place. Think Iraq.
Then and only after thousands of people were killed after a war WE started, comes the admittance from our former elected leaders that there never were any WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) found.

Let's not discuss Watergate.
Or the Bengazi attacks.
Hillary will NEVER get my vote. That woman should stay OUT of office.

We piss off our own citizens by offering aid to other countries while totally ignoring the cries of our own. Think Hurricane Katrina.

We will happily accept illegal aliens by offering them drivers licenses, money, food stamps, health care and housing by using tax money provided by the very same Natural born Citizens and Legal Residents that the US refuses to give those same benefits to without some sort of proof that they have fallen upon hard times.

Our government does not take care of their homeless, rather it will spend $900 on a new toilet for the White House. If it wasn't for the acts of kindness of the Citizens of this country, the homeless wouldn't be taken care of at all.

We loan billions to other countries yet never demand repayment, yet this country will happily foreclose on a house it sold to it's own citizens. Think USDA's 502 home loan program. I was a victim and lost my house in 2012.

I see no other country offering the US and her citizens any sort of "aid".

Our politicians constantly violate the constitution. One such fine example is Obamacare. Citizens are not, according to the US Constitution, supposed to be forced to purchase anything they don't want. Obamacare neatly steps around this by imposing a "tax" on citizens who refuse to purchase healthcare.

Ahh yes... our "powerful" and "most responsible" country is a joke. The country's judicial system is corrupt and your vote for elected officials is laughable. Corporations who pay lobbyists, who in turn pay off politicians, easily sway votes in their favor. Try reading about Fracking sometime.

If I had the money to move out of this lousy country and take my children with me, we would be gone in an instant. Amsterdam comes to mind. At least I could smoke there without worrying about getting arrested and put in jail on a minor pot possession. Pot - you know... that NATURAL plant that the US has deemed illegal. Only within the last several years have some states slowly started changing their laws about it, but even then, it's still restrictive.

The US.. the all powerful nation of people who came here and quickly pushed out the indigent peoples of this land ruthlessly and with hate. Yup. What a great country we live in. NoNoNo

By the way - I got a 98% on my Citizenship test in high school. In 1989.

Don't tell me I haven't brushed up on my history because I didn't follow an instance so far back. I also mentioned the "communism vs capitalism" issue which is a part of that.

I said that because of your statement about Saddam. Let's not assume anything else here. You mentioned 50 years. My math tells me that the 80's was three decades ago. If you are going to go back beyond, then you need to be accurate in how you present your argument. Otherwise, it's pointless.
10-04-2015, 04:24 PM
(10-04-2015 01:17 PM)Bad Wolf Wrote:  The US is not far behind North korea? Are you serious? I think you're over reacting slightly.

I highly doubt I'm over-reacting, even slightly. For starters, we now have a president who has set a precedence. He has literally forced Americans to purchase health insurance against their will. If they don't comply, they get a "fine" in the form of a tax. This goes against our constitutional rights as citizens of this country. I honestly don't care if Obamacare is a good thing or not. Forcing Americans to buy into it, even when they cannot afford it and are struggling, but make too much money for any sort of government assistance, is illegal and our corrupt judicial system has allowed Obama to get away with it. Sounds like the starts of a dictatorship to me. Even if it's not in its full-fledged form. And this is just one example of our constitutional rights being violated by the government.
10-04-2015, 04:50 PM
(10-04-2015 04:24 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  I highly doubt I'm over-reacting, even slightly. For starters, we now have a president who has set a precedence. He has literally forced Americans to purchase health insurance against their will. If they don't comply, they get a "fine" in the form of a tax. This goes against our constitutional rights as citizens of this country. I honestly don't care if Obamacare is a good thing or not. Forcing Americans to buy into it, even when they cannot afford it and are struggling, but make too much money for any sort of government assistance, is illegal and our corrupt judicial system has allowed Obama to get away with it. Sounds like the starts of a dictatorship to me. Even if it's not in its full-fledged form. And this is just one example of our constitutional rights being violated by the government.

Do you have any idea how many constitutional rights are violated in other countries right now or how much other countries come close to a dictatorship in that sense? Or would you like to confirm the stereotype that Americans have no idea about what is happening in the outside world? Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
10-04-2015, 04:53 PM
(10-04-2015 04:50 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 04:24 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  I highly doubt I'm over-reacting, even slightly. For starters, we now have a president who has set a precedence. He has literally forced Americans to purchase health insurance against their will. If they don't comply, they get a "fine" in the form of a tax. This goes against our constitutional rights as citizens of this country. I honestly don't care if Obamacare is a good thing or not. Forcing Americans to buy into it, even when they cannot afford it and are struggling, but make too much money for any sort of government assistance, is illegal and our corrupt judicial system has allowed Obama to get away with it. Sounds like the starts of a dictatorship to me. Even if it's not in its full-fledged form. And this is just one example of our constitutional rights being violated by the government.

Do you have any idea how many constitutional rights are violated in other countries right now or how much other countries come close to a dictatorship in that sense? Or would you like to confirm the stereotype that Americans have no idea about what is happening in the outside world? Tongue
The topic of this thread is "Evil USA perspective."
I have no intention of being responsible for derailing this thread. As such, my responses are based solely on what we are discussing... the USA.
10-04-2015, 04:57 PM
(10-04-2015 04:53 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 04:50 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Do you have any idea how many constitutional rights are violated in other countries right now or how much other countries come close to a dictatorship in that sense? Or would you like to confirm the stereotype that Americans have no idea about what is happening in the outside world? Tongue
The topic of this thread is "Evil USA perspective."
I have no intention of being responsible for derailing this thread. As such, my responses are based solely on what we are discussing... the USA.

I quoted you answering to Bad Wolf's post about your comparison of the USA to North Korea and added a comment on that. I fail to see how I'm derailing the thread.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
10-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Because if you would have read previous responses, you would have seen why I said what I said.
10-04-2015, 05:23 PM
(10-04-2015 05:16 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  Because if you would have read previous responses, you would have seen why I said what I said.

I've read the whole thread. Why you assume I haven't is beyond me.
I know exactly why you said what you said, and I simply agreed with Bad Wolf's post that you were overeacting a little. You tried to justify your position, and I offered a counterargument to that.

I honestly cannot see what was wrong with my post or how it could possibly derail the thread.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
10-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Because I'm not about to debate another country's predicaments, constitutional violations etc when the TOPIC of THIS thread is on the USA. That is why. You have a valid question and I'm not saying that you don't. All I'm saying is that I'm trying to stick to the topic of this thread. Furthermore, I don't live in other countries. I live in this one. I don't claim to know everything about every country. So I would not be able to debate or discuss any violations of constitutions pertaining to those countries.
10-04-2015, 05:34 PM
(10-04-2015 05:28 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  Because I'm not about to debate another country's predicaments, constitutional violations etc when the TOPIC of THIS thread is on the USA. That is why. You have a valid question and I'm not saying that you don't. All I'm saying is that I'm trying to stick to the topic of this thread. Furthermore, I don't live in other countries. I live in this one. I don't claim to know everything about every country. So I would not be able to debate or discuss any violations of constitutions pertaining to those countries.

Except I wasn't trying to change the topic to other countries.

Bad Wolf: The US is not far behind North korea? I think you're over reacting slightly.
You: I highly doubt I'm over-reacting, even slightly. For starters...
Me: These are not valid reasons to make you think that the US is not far behind NK. Corruption is everywhere, but not every country becomes like NK.

Simple as that. No derailment.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post