Evil USA perspective.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-04-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: Evil USA perspective.
(10-04-2015 04:53 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  I have no intention of being responsible for derailing this thread.
It's a community tradition around here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
10-04-2015, 10:20 PM
(10-04-2015 10:27 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I say it is ignorant that you think the US has a responsibility because it's the most militarily powerful country on Earth (even though that's very debatable. "Classical" warfare maybe but that's not the wars of today.).

I am saying it has a responsibility because it caused the problem to begin with. Nothing to do with its military strength.

Ah, I see. I didn't mean just militarily. Its economic influence is probably just as powerful. It's a mixture of things, and, as you rightly say, the US were responsible for a lot of bad things like installation of dictators. Though there is an argument for them doing this on a number of fronts such as "Communism vs Capitalism" is there not?

I think the US isn't a morally superior nation, but I don't think it's right for people to keep singling it out as evil.

Its economy has had a massive impact on the world but it hasn't had the proper impact he should have. You have the highest GDP out of any country by far and yet you have poor healthcare, poor education, huge corporations that evade tax with no penalties, a huge divide between rich and poor, large "project" areas where whole suburbs are poor as shit, a massive homeless problem, gangs, drugs etc.. etc.. Where does all the money the government get go too?

You have how many aircraft carriers? Compared to say China who has how many?
What the fuck are you protecting against? Times have changed and yet your armed forces is grossly inflated and living in the past and it's costing you trillions.
All the while some black people have to live on the floor of their project apartment to avoid bullets coming in through the windows.

I don't think they single it out, I think it's just that America is involved in everything it's hard not to criticize some war without criticizing America.

Quote:Well I agree with that, but still think it has been the most powerful for the past 50 years.

Which means absolute shit. England used to be the world super power. Now look at it, it's military is fairly small and yet its citizens have good living standards.

Hell, here we have an army of 2,000 and our navy has like 5 small row boats. Nothing wrong with Kiwiland, we have a high standard of living.

Quote:America has freedom of speech, freedom of religion, a secular government, a constitution, free media.

This is by no means unique.
Every country in the world except the UK, Canada, Israel and NZ has a constitution.
And the UK, Canada and NZ are far better places to live compared to America so a constitution isn't even needed for a "good" country.

Fucking stupid American.

(10-04-2015 04:53 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 04:50 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Do you have any idea how many constitutional rights are violated in other countries right now or how much other countries come close to a dictatorship in that sense? Or would you like to confirm the stereotype that Americans have no idea about what is happening in the outside world? Tongue
The topic of this thread is "Evil USA perspective."
I have no intention of being responsible for derailing this thread. As such, my responses are based solely on what we are discussing... the USA.

You sir are going to have a really rough time here if you're gonna complain about thread derailment, especially when it wasn't actually a derailment.

You do things our way and if you don't like it you can fuck off.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-04-2015, 10:32 PM
(10-04-2015 10:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 04:53 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  The topic of this thread is "Evil USA perspective."
I have no intention of being responsible for derailing this thread. As such, my responses are based solely on what we are discussing... the USA.

You sir are going to have a really rough time here if you're gonna complain about thread derailment, especially when it wasn't actually a derailment.

Up until THIS comment, I had respect for you. You just lost it by calling me a sir and telling me I can fuck off.
As the southerners say, That's nice. Very, very nice.
10-04-2015, 10:36 PM
(10-04-2015 10:32 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You sir are going to have a really rough time here if you're gonna complain about thread derailment, especially when it wasn't actually a derailment.

Up until THIS comment, I had respect for you. You just lost it by calling me a sir and telling me I can fuck off.

It's Earmuffs, if you hang here long enough you'll eventually understand and you might appreciate his humor.

And then you'll just think

Fuckin' Earmuffs Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-04-2015, 10:39 PM
(10-04-2015 10:32 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You sir are going to have a really rough time here if you're gonna complain about thread derailment, especially when it wasn't actually a derailment.

Cool story bro, needs more dragon.
Perhaps you should lift your vagina up off the floor and go get some.

[Image: oscar.png]
10-04-2015, 10:43 PM
(10-04-2015 10:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:32 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  Up until THIS comment, I had respect for you. You just lost it by calling me a sir and telling me I can fuck off.

Cool story bro, needs more dragon.

Did someone slip you some bad weed?
10-04-2015, 10:54 PM
(10-04-2015 10:43 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Cool story bro, needs more dragon.

Did someone slip you some bad weed?

That might improve him.

This is the best way to handle him. When he gets pissy just do this..

[Image: blah-blah-blah-o.gif]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-04-2015, 11:25 PM
My gripe with america/Americans is that they represent the worst combination of arrogant ignorance imaginable.

"Our Way Is better, No one is better than us"

All the while they have no clue about what is actually happening past their borders.

Oh and selfish. "Well I don't want MY money going to help anyone"

Makes me sick.

End rant.

Yes I realise we aren't all that way, but way too many are.
10-04-2015, 11:37 PM
To me a real patriot is like a real friend. Who's your real friend? It's the person who tells you the truth. That's who my real friends are. So, you know, I think as far as our country goes, we need more people who will do that.
-Bill Maher

I saw courage both in the Vietnam War and in the struggle to stop it. I learned that patriotism includes protest, not just military service.
-John F. Kerry

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
-Edward Abbey

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-04-2015, 05:02 AM
(10-04-2015 05:16 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  Because if you would have read previous responses, you would have seen why I said what I said.

I read it in context and it was more than hyperbole - it was over the top.

Do you not know what the conditions in North Korea actually are? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post