• 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-04-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: Evil USA perspective.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 12:24 PM
(11-04-2015 10:04 AM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:54 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Ah, so it was you who needed to brush up on your history.

No need to act like an asshole about it. I admitted I was incorrect about North Korea. Not what I know about my own country. There's a difference. And at least I'm willing to admit my error. Unlike you.

Me, error? But I'm perfect!

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
11-04-2015, 12:47 PM
You missed a closing quote.

(11-04-2015 10:21 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 12:28 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  A secular government which has been corrupted by the christian movement for decades. now.

There's too much religious influence on government, but it is still indeed secular.

(10-04-2015 12:28 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  A constitution which has been ignored and violated by politicians time and time again.

Crooked politicians are a fact of life almost everywhere.

(10-04-2015 12:28 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  A free media - The majority of which is owned by ONE person, who is a religious nut and basically controls everything his radio, cable and tv stations put out.

Source for this claim, please.

(10-04-2015 12:28 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  Read up on the history of Fox TV, who owns it and how corrupt they are.

Well, that's one media outlet. What about the many hundreds of others?

(10-04-2015 12:28 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  Freedom of religion - have you read the news coming out of Indiana recently?

Did you take note of how it's being combatted? That's right -- by exercising freedom of speech. Glass half-empty much?

(10-04-2015 12:28 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  Are we as bad as North Korea? No. But we aren't too far behind with our extremely corrupt government system[...]

This is a silly statement.

(10-04-2015 12:28 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  [...] and a Federal Reserve that isn't even owned by its own country. That's right. The Federal Reserve is NOT a government institution. It is owned by 5 of America's largest banks.

One of our many flaws, definitely.

(10-04-2015 12:28 PM)Judi Lynn Wrote:  This country is going to destroy itself with greed and ignorance. And honestly, I hope I'm not around to see it happen.

Me, I prefer working to make things better. I've got a son, you've got children, and our task is to leave the place better than we found it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-04-2015, 12:49 PM
That happens occasionally. Consider

(11-04-2015 10:30 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 10:21 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  There's too much religious influence on government, but it is still indeed secular.

Crooked politicians are a fact of life almost everywhere.

Source for this claim, please.

Well, that's one media outlet. What about the many hundreds of others?

Did you take note of how it's being combatted? That's right -- by exercising freedom of speech. Glass half-empty much?

One of our many flaws, definitely.

Me, I prefer working to make things better. I've got a son, you've got children, and our task is to leave the place better than we found it.

For some reason, this post is not visible to me. Can anyone else read it?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Thanks, Chas. I checked the close-quotes and they seem to match up to the open-quotes.

And naturally, those were posted too late in the morning to plead lack of coffee ... grrr.
11-04-2015, 11:39 PM
[Image: fd6a8fd26af11165d9997e50b8d0bd22e3e50144...4890a1.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-04-2015, 07:53 PM
(10-04-2015 10:11 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I feel like ranting about the amount of people that seem to actually HATE the US. Understandably they cite the amount of wars that the US have been involved in and the people killed etc.

My problem with this simple argument is that one cannot view the morality of the most powerful (by far) and thus most responsible nation on earth in black and white.

A flaw in this argument arises when you question their knowledge on the GOOD things the US have done such as the intervention in Bosnia.

Can anybody help enhance my argument? or even argue that the US IS actually a great evil and morally inferior?

Listen bro, you don't have a clue what happened in Bosnia outside of what your government served to you and that has very little to do with truth, so please don't even mention it . Especially in the context of "good" US did in the world.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
13-04-2015, 09:02 AM
(12-04-2015 07:53 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 10:11 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I feel like ranting about the amount of people that seem to actually HATE the US. Understandably they cite the amount of wars that the US have been involved in and the people killed etc.

My problem with this simple argument is that one cannot view the morality of the most powerful (by far) and thus most responsible nation on earth in black and white.

A flaw in this argument arises when you question their knowledge on the GOOD things the US have done such as the intervention in Bosnia.

Can anybody help enhance my argument? or even argue that the US IS actually a great evil and morally inferior?

Listen bro, you don't have a clue what happened in Bosnia outside of what your government served to you and that has very little to do with truth, so please don't even mention it . Especially in the context of "good" US did in the world.

Instead of telling me I'm wrong, show me why I'm wrong.

13-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Nah, it would take too long and it pisses me off to even think about that.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
13-04-2015, 12:15 PM
(13-04-2015 11:57 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Nah, it would take too long and it pisses me off to even think about that.

Ah I'll just take your word for it then shall I? I'm not saying you're wrong, I want to be enlightened. Quite embarrassing for you to make a claim like that then turning to cowardice when asked to back it up.