Evils of The Fur Industry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Evils of The Fur Industry
Hi guys, as a vegan I feel it's only right that I speak my piece on animal cruelty and more specifically the fur industry. It's truly evil what people can do to animals, so please help me in my cause against Animal fur. Even the rapper Wacka Flocka Flame has spoken for Peta about the fur industry- if he is bad ass enough to speak about it, so am I.

What are your thoughts on the fur industry?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Evils of The Fur Industry
I agree that there is cruelty done in the fur industry, but I disagree with PETA.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
26-12-2012, 09:46 PM
(26-12-2012 09:40 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I agree that there is cruelty done in the fur industry, but I disagree with PETA.

Watching now- (I love P&T)

"You can tell which side of the argument they are on by their girth" jesus lol.
26-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Watched. Yeah, that is pretty shocking, I thought peta was an innocent charity? I'll have to look into this more...

I never agreed much with peta to begin with, animals aren't the same as humans. I actually disagree with a lot of vegans in that sense. My view in regards to eating animals is that- if you can't kill it, don't eat it. I couldn't kill a cow, so I don't eat steak. I couldn't hit someone, so I don't think I should go into boxing. It's very simple really. Eating meat is only just if you are able to kill the animal in question. Since then you are not appreciating where it comes from/the process of meat.
26-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah peta are pretty fucked up.

I agree with you on the fur industry, The cosmetic industry using animals for testing is barbaric too. Both are needlessly cruel.
26-12-2012, 10:37 PM
I find it hard to care about this.
26-12-2012, 11:06 PM
PETA really are extremists. They've done some really nutty shit before.

And to the notion of killing your own meat? I couldn't agree more actually. Not that people should never eat meat they didn't kill, but that experiencing it is, in my opinion, important. I think part of early education should involve teaching children where meat comes from, without the sugar coating. Why not show them the process for humanely dispatching the animal that you'll be eating for dinner? If we know where it comes from, we have the opportunity to think. Think about whether killing for meat fits within our chosen morality. Think about where we get our meat from. Think about whether we care if animals suffer.

For the record, I eat meat. In fact it's a very heavy part of my families diet. I also kill most of our meat (rabbit, chicken, venison) and get the rest from places that I know treat their animals humanely.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-12-2012, 06:02 AM
(26-12-2012 11:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  PETA really are extremists. They've done some really nutty shit before.

And to the notion of killing your own meat? I couldn't agree more actually. Not that people should never eat meat they didn't kill, but that experiencing it is, in my opinion, important. I think part of early education should involve teaching children where meat comes from, without the sugar coating. Why not show them the process for humanely dispatching the animal that you'll be eating for dinner? If we know where it comes from, we have the opportunity to think. Think about whether killing for meat fits within our chosen morality. Think about where we get our meat from. Think about whether we care if animals suffer.

For the record, I eat meat. In fact it's a very heavy part of my families diet. I also kill most of our meat (rabbit, chicken, venison) and get the rest from places that I know treat their animals humanely.
So tell me. Have you ever worked in a slaughter house?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
27-12-2012, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2012 07:07 AM by earmuffs.)
(26-12-2012 10:37 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  I find it hard to care about this.
You and 99.9% of everyone else.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a hankering for a steak pie.

edit: alright, watched the video because I'm that bored.

"I feel bad because my dog died so you should feel bad when an animal dies too"

[Image: dont-know-if-serious-or-just-trollin.jpg]

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
27-12-2012, 09:15 AM
(27-12-2012 06:02 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 11:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  PETA really are extremists. They've done some really nutty shit before.

So tell me. Have you ever worked in a slaughter house?
No. Why do you ask?

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]