Evils of The Fur Industry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2012, 07:47 PM
RE: Evils of The Fur Industry
(27-12-2012 09:15 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 06:02 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  So tell me. Have you ever worked in a slaughter house?
No. Why do you ask?
Gives you an entirely different perspective on the meat packaging industry. Don't get me wrong, it is not inhumane or anything, but it is just something to think about.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 08:08 PM
(27-12-2012 07:47 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 09:15 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  No. Why do you ask?
Gives you an entirely different perspective on the meat packaging industry. Don't get me wrong, it is not inhumane or anything, but it is just something to think about.
Oh I get ya. I've actually spent some time in a few slaughter houses. Mostly hog slaughters in the Hutterite communities. Definitely a different world than my little, on-the-homestead operation. My point is kinda aimed that way though. My little operation is really a sustainable way of meat production, if, of course, it's done on a global scale. But I also get that it's nearly impossible because it would change pretty much EVERYTHING about how we live today. And I don't mean eliminating cities (a little farm like mine can easily produce meat enough for 40 plus people every year, and do it very sustainably with vegetable production for twice that many people) but I do mean placing a higher value on food than fuel and energy. And that is a lot to ask.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
27-12-2012, 09:36 PM
(27-12-2012 08:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 07:47 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Gives you an entirely different perspective on the meat packaging industry. Don't get me wrong, it is not inhumane or anything, but it is just something to think about.
Oh I get ya. I've actually spent some time in a few slaughter houses. Mostly hog slaughters in the Hutterite communities. Definitely a different world than my little, on-the-homestead operation. My point is kinda aimed that way though. My little operation is really a sustainable way of meat production, if, of course, it's done on a global scale. But I also get that it's nearly impossible because it would change pretty much EVERYTHING about how we live today. And I don't mean eliminating cities (a little farm like mine can easily produce meat enough for 40 plus people every year, and do it very sustainably with vegetable production for twice that many people) but I do mean placing a higher value on food than fuel and energy. And that is a lot to ask.
Do you think that after eating a certain type of food you turn into a new race or species? I can actually tell if someone is vegan/vegetarian by their facial features, I don't know if it's scientifically proven or not, but I think it changes your face.
27-12-2012, 09:41 PM
(27-12-2012 09:36 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 08:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh I get ya. I've actually spent some time in a few slaughter houses. Mostly hog slaughters in the Hutterite communities. Definitely a different world than my little, on-the-homestead operation. My point is kinda aimed that way though. My little operation is really a sustainable way of meat production, if, of course, it's done on a global scale. But I also get that it's nearly impossible because it would change pretty much EVERYTHING about how we live today. And I don't mean eliminating cities (a little farm like mine can easily produce meat enough for 40 plus people every year, and do it very sustainably with vegetable production for twice that many people) but I do mean placing a higher value on food than fuel and energy. And that is a lot to ask.
Do you think that after eating a certain type of food you turn into a new race or species? I can actually tell if someone is vegan/vegetarian by their facial features, I don't know if it's scientifically proven or not, but I think it changes your face.

You are delusional.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-12-2012, 09:44 PM
(27-12-2012 09:36 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 08:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh I get ya. I've actually spent some time in a few slaughter houses. Mostly hog slaughters in the Hutterite communities. Definitely a different world than my little, on-the-homestead operation. My point is kinda aimed that way though. My little operation is really a sustainable way of meat production, if, of course, it's done on a global scale. But I also get that it's nearly impossible because it would change pretty much EVERYTHING about how we live today. And I don't mean eliminating cities (a little farm like mine can easily produce meat enough for 40 plus people every year, and do it very sustainably with vegetable production for twice that many people) but I do mean placing a higher value on food than fuel and energy. And that is a lot to ask.
No. Eating meat, vegetables, or a strict diet of rat poison, won't change your DNA.

The reason you can see the difference is because vegans and veggies always looks so fuckin hungry!

(that was a joke, just in case it whizzed by ya. Wink )

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-12-2012, 09:51 PM
(27-12-2012 09:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 09:36 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Do you think that after eating a certain type of food you turn into a new race or species? I can actually tell if someone is vegan/vegetarian by their facial features, I don't know if it's scientifically proven or not, but I think it changes your face.
No. Eating meat, vegetables, or a strict diet of rat poison, won't change your DNA.

The reason you can see the difference is because vegans and veggies always looks so fuckin hungry!

Some anorexics claim to be 'vegan', so it's less of a hassle when someone offers them food. Which is actually a significant portion of 'vegans'. Some vegans are legit though- like me, I eat about 3000-5500 calories a day.
27-12-2012, 09:54 PM
(27-12-2012 09:51 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 09:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  No. Eating meat, vegetables, or a strict diet of rat poison, won't change your DNA.

Some anorexics claim to be 'vegan', so it's less of a hassle when someone offers them food. Which is actually a significant portion of 'vegans'. Some vegans are legit though- like me, I eat about 3000-5500 calories a day.

Amazing. You were told it was a joke and it still whizzed right by. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-12-2012, 10:00 PM
(27-12-2012 09:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 09:51 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Some anorexics claim to be 'vegan', so it's less of a hassle when someone offers them food. Which is actually a significant portion of 'vegans'. Some vegans are legit though- like me, I eat about 3000-5500 calories a day.

Amazing. You were told it was a joke and it still whizzed right by. Weeping
Okay, I don't get it - (that's a joke btw)
28-12-2012, 01:14 AM
I tried watching the op's video and it made me want to club a seal.
[+] 2 users Like TheBlackKnight's post
28-12-2012, 01:32 AM
(28-12-2012 01:14 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  I tried watching the op's video and it made me want to club a seal.
They make incredible boots. Totally waterproof. I had a pair of mukluks when I was young that we're a seal skin (calf? Shin? Whatever you call the part from the ankle up. Lol) and moose foot. I swear it was like walking through the snow wearing heavy socks. You can feel everything, and yet every other kid went home at night with cold feet except for me.