Evils of The Fur Industry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 06:36 AM by Diablo.)
RE: Evils of The Fur Industry
Nonsense... I read a story awhile back about some old man who lived way past 100 and ate deep fried cornbread and chased it down with wine every day. Deep fried in lard too...

I have never heard of anything about vegans living to being +100 years old though. Sounds like some nonsense he read on a vegan website.
Usually when I see a vegan, they look like this kid. Sickly, underdeveloped, and weak. A good strong wind could knock this kid over.

The only thing I have ever heard about diet corresponding to an increase in longevity was starvation. There was a study done on fruit flies, I think, in which they were able to double their life span by making food extremely scarce.
Whether this would work in humans or not is unknown, but there are people trying it. They eat a few calories a day, skip a day, etc... I don't know if there are any human studies though.

What allows people to live to such ages is a complete mystery, but its likely more genetic than anything.
The statistical data that I have heard about over the years showed that there were no particular lifestyle choices that had any major impact on a humans lifespan.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo's post
02-01-2013, 01:41 AM
RE: Evils of The Fur Industry
(29-12-2012 06:16 AM)Diablo Wrote:  Nonsense... I read a story awhile back about some old man who lived way past 100 and ate deep fried cornbread and chased it down with wine every day. Deep fried in lard too...

I have never heard of anything about vegans living to being +100 years old though. Sounds like some nonsense he read on a vegan website.
Usually when I see a vegan, they look like this kid. Sickly, underdeveloped, and weak. A good strong wind could knock this kid over.

The only thing I have ever heard about diet corresponding to an increase in longevity was starvation. There was a study done on fruit flies, I think, in which they were able to double their life span by making food extremely scarce.
Whether this would work in humans or not is unknown, but there are people trying it. They eat a few calories a day, skip a day, etc... I don't know if there are any human studies though.

What allows people to live to such ages is a complete mystery, but its likely more genetic than anything.
The statistical data that I have heard about over the years showed that there were no particular lifestyle choices that had any major impact on a humans lifespan.
I actually saw at the bodyworks exhibit of the museum of science and industry in Chicago, that there are 5 locations in the world that have had people living there, not moving in, that lived beyond 90. The locations were similar in having high altitude, surrounded by wine vineyards, and had lots of recreational places with water to swim. I think there was some other factors listed, the only spots I remember were of course, the obvious looking ones; an area in Italy and one in northern California.

Genetics are a factor but with that guy drinking wine everyday, it's benefits are more effecting the negativity of that deep fried butterbread.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply