Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Evolution
Ok so I'm talking to a friend of mine who is a creationist and he said so if fish evolved and became land animals then their would be a stage where they would not be able to live in either environment they would be to weak it's hard to word and I think it has tons of flaws but I cant think of any off the top of my head.

Thoughts?

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 11:07 AM
RE: Evolution
(26-04-2013 11:04 AM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Ok so I'm talking to a friend of mine who is a creationist and he said so if fish evolved and became land animals then their would be a stage where they would not be able to live in either environment they would be to weak it's hard to word and I think it has tons of flaws but I cant think of any off the top of my head.

Thoughts?

Amphibians. Can't live solely in water and can't survive solely out of water.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
26-04-2013, 11:08 AM
One word

Amphibians

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
26-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Tim Minchen explains (from 5:00 mins):

26-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Yes, amphibians. Use a frog in your next discussion. They are very fish-like when they are in their tadpole state. For instance, they are propelled by a fin-like tail and they breath through gills. They eventually sprout legs, grow lungs, loose their tail, and can live in an oxygen environment. This is no different than the earliest fish transitioning into the lobed-fin fish that had lungs that were modified air bladders and could could bear weight on its fins.

[Image: tadpole_Frog.gif]

[Image: comparison.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
26-04-2013, 12:20 PM
(26-04-2013 11:04 AM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Ok so I'm talking to a friend of mine who is a creationist and he said so if fish evolved and became land animals then their would be a stage where they would not be able to live in either environment they would be to weak it's hard to word and I think it has tons of flaws but I cant think of any off the top of my head.

Thoughts?

Amphibians. "an amphibious organism; especially: any of a class (Amphibia) of cold-blooded vertebrates (as frogs, toads, or salamanders) intermediate in many characters between fishes and reptiles and having gilled aquatic larvae and air-breathing adults." These exist today!
26-04-2013, 12:26 PM
It appears that the consensus opinion is...to slap him in the face with some SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evolve

Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
26-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Ahhh thanks for the responses guys this is all new to me in a sense and it's fascinating I mean this is so much more interesting to me then just saying "God did it"

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
26-04-2013, 01:11 PM
The creationist rebuttal to amphibians is that they are not transitional; they are wholly different species created unique by God.

Amphibians are easily dismissed.

If you want to truly stump him, show him the mudskipper. See what he says about a fish that can live on land or in water.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
26-04-2013, 01:13 PM
(26-04-2013 01:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The creationist rebuttal to amphibians is that they are not transitional; they are wholly different species created unique by God.

Amphibians are easily dismissed.

If you want to truly stump him, show him the mudskipper. See what he says about a fish that can live on land or in water.

I don't think you mean rebuttal but ignored. They will just say the same thing about the mudskipper.

Evolve

Smartass