Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Evolution
So, I have thought on this for a while, and since I cannot accept the answer I was given when I was a xian, I will ask here. I know the answer, but let's see what the xians have to say.

Different languages are explained through the story of the tower of babble. Now here is my issue which begins even before that. If we are all descended from Adam and Eve, then why are there different races? We should all look middle eastern if we all have the same ancestry. So where did Africans, Orientals, Hispanic and European come from? We could not have all descended from those two, obviously, because of how different we are physically.

Now go and explain THAT one Johnny believer!

http://www.theaverageatheist.com

Challenge Everything!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: Evolution
microevolution

aka adaptation

The people are still human... they just look different. They never lost their humanity and can still reproduce.

Probably what they would say.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Hate to rain on your parade here but that argument is nothing new. We've been launching this particular attack for years now with little success due to their sheer stupidity and inability to think straight.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Well, if it is termed micro-evolution, then it means they believe in evolution. You can't claim micro-evolution, and then disclaim evolution all together, that dog just don't hunt! That's like saying alcohol is evil, but beer is ok.

Challenge Everything!
10-09-2012, 12:45 PM
(10-09-2012 12:33 PM)haarvik Wrote:  Well, if it is termed micro-evolution, then it means they believe in evolution. You can't claim micro-evolution, and then disclaim evolution all together, that dog just don't hunt! That's like saying alcohol is evil, but beer is ok.
Are you implying that theists who make these kind of claims are capable of thinking logically/rationally? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
(10-09-2012 12:33 PM)haarvik Wrote:  Well, if it is termed micro-evolution, then it means they believe in evolution. You can't claim micro-evolution, and then disclaim evolution all together, that dog just don't hunt! That's like saying alcohol is evil, but beer is ok.

Not familiar with the argument, I assume.

They do have a leg to stand on with the argument as they say micro-evolution isn't evolution per se. It's a changing and an adapting of the species, but the species never speciates; therefore, retaining its "ness" ie finch-ness, moth-ness, etc.

That's the argument.

Evolution is evolution, IMO. But, meh. Honestly, I wouldn't even attempt arguing. It's not worth it. There are way more productive and exciting things to do in this world than to argue with someone who doesn't believe in evolution.

For instance, ripping your fingernails off with pliers and then dipping your hand in sulfuric acid.

10-09-2012, 01:03 PM
(10-09-2012 12:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  For instance, ripping your fingernails off with pliers and then dipping your hand in sulfuric acid.

I do it the other way, dip into the sulfuric and then ply the nails off.

Anyways, yes this argument is far too old to inherit debate under those terms with Genesis characters. In terms of evolutionary discussions and Adam and Eve, look no further than this argument at least from me....the first human required dirt, the second required the first's rib, the third and fourth required sperm from the first and the uterus from the second. Evolution at its peak.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
(10-09-2012 12:25 PM)haarvik Wrote:  [...]

If we are all descended from Adam and Eve, then why are there different races? We should all look middle eastern if we all have the same ancestry. So where did Africans, Orientals, Hispanic and European come from? We could not have all descended from those two, obviously, because of how different we are physically.

The only explanation I've heard for people of color was that Noah's son Ham was cursed for a transgression against his father or god. The other races are said to be descended from Noah's other sons. The Asians, for example, are believed to have been descended from Japheth. Many European theologians and Chinese-Mulslims have written on the subject.
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Well, I find their whole argument weak and full of holes. Of course considering they still believe in a book that has repeatedly been proven false it's no wonder.

Challenge Everything!
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
(10-09-2012 01:26 PM)haarvik Wrote:  Well, I find their whole argument weak and full of holes. Of course considering they still believe in a book that has repeatedly been proven false it's no wonder.

Eh. This may only only hold up against a YEC or OEC. If you start debating an evolutionary creationist or theistic evolutionist, you may be in trouble.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Quick Evolution Question CiderThinker 6 124 09-07-2014 12:01 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  The Big Bang and Evolution are just theories WVAtheist 19 755 07-12-2013 12:00 AM
Last Post: LadyJane
  I need an appropriate answer to this (evolution) undergroundp 16 688 01-10-2013 08:52 AM
Last Post: LunchBox
  "Evolution is a lie" and the campus god-botherers TheBeardedDude 32 1,373 17-09-2013 02:17 AM
Last Post: ChuckTesta
  evolution bustead 80 1,879 02-09-2013 10:47 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  If evolution is true... Adenosis 32 1,970 08-01-2013 06:01 PM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl