Evolution Disproved!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Evolution Disproved!
There are so many videos on Youtube claiming evolution has been disproved and that Intelligent Design (the 'fancy' way of saying Creationism) has been proved. The amount of misinformation is so sick. How are we suppose to educate a population when there are so many people holding them back from really understanding the science behind the current theories. They spread straw man theories with the same name as current theories such as the theory of evolution. They give the viewer a completely bat-shit-crazy version of the theory which is in my opinion why so many people laugh at evolution.

What can we do to shift peoples consciousness and get them to actually research what the fuck the theory is instead of believing the first straw man theory a creationist gives them?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 01:26 AM
RE: Evolution Disproved!
(10-01-2013 12:29 AM)Aspchizo Wrote:  There are so many videos on Youtube claiming evolution has been disproved and that Intelligent Design (the 'fancy' way of saying Creationism) has been proved. The amount of misinformation is so sick. How are we suppose to educate a population when there are so many people holding them back from really understanding the science behind the current theories. They spread straw man theories with the same name as current theories such as the theory of evolution. They give the viewer a completely bat-shit-crazy version of the theory which is in my opinion why so many people laugh at evolution.

What can we do to shift peoples consciousness and get them to actually research what the fuck the theory is instead of believing the first straw man theory a creationist gives them?
Yeeeaaaaahhh..........about that.......It won't work. These people have enough trouble reading to begin with.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
10-01-2013, 01:34 AM
People in their homes, who have full control of what they will watch or won't watch, can only be expected to gradually stumble onto educational material and change their own views. You can't force anything on them.

So, how do you get people to gradually stumble onto material or to seek out minute pieces of material over time, slowly making them accept reality?

By putting out as much material as possible (easy to find), which is easy to read and understand, and which also links to other material that they can explore. At a point, you'd hope they'll think to themselves "okay, this makes sense. I don't see how anyone can think otherwise."
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
10-01-2013, 09:46 AM
(10-01-2013 12:29 AM)Aspchizo Wrote:  There are so many videos on Youtube claiming evolution has been disproved and that Intelligent Design (the 'fancy' way of saying Creationism) has been proved. The amount of misinformation is so sick. How are we suppose to educate a population when there are so many people holding them back from really understanding the science behind the current theories. They spread straw man theories with the same name as current theories such as the theory of evolution. They give the viewer a completely bat-shit-crazy version of the theory which is in my opinion why so many people laugh at evolution.

The problem is the people who watch and read about creationism have already made up their minds. They want to believe God created everything and will not listen to the contrary.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
10-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Growing up I was always very curious about other religions. The church I went to did not support this curiosity. I've had Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and Christians all come to my door and I ask each one if they would like to take one of my books home and read. Just to see my side. I have yet to get a positive answer. Nobody wants to read what the other side believes. Its an attitude that is taught from the start and when you are told that this 'doubt' will lead to a eternity spent being tortured in hell.....no wonder people are afraid to look outside their box.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
10-01-2013, 07:44 PM
(10-01-2013 01:34 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  People in their homes, who have full control of what they will watch or won't watch, can only be expected to gradually stumble onto educational material and change their own views. You can't force anything on them.

So, how do you get people to gradually stumble onto material or to seek out minute pieces of material over time, slowly making them accept reality?

By putting out as much material as possible (easy to find), which is easy to read and understand, and which also links to other material that they can explore. At a point, you'd hope they'll think to themselves "okay, this makes sense. I don't see how anyone can think otherwise."

The only problem with that plan is that you could literally beat a creationist over the head with a 2-million-year-old fossil until blood is pouring down their face, and they'd blatantly deny that you were hitting them with anything at all.

Information is wonderful, but it's virtually useless if they refuse to accept it.

Creationist:
[Image: plug_ears_0.jpg]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Thankfully the batshit crazy people who make those videos on youtube have no say in what gets adopted by mainstream, peer reviewed science.

Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post