Evolution and bodybuilding.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Evolution and bodybuilding.
I aren't very well informed on the topic of evolution, though I understand the basics enough to discuss it, though maybe not to argue about it (though my basic knowledge makes me think that any such argument would be nonsensical).

I recently started gym work as most young men do nowadays and after seeing many arguments taking the position of "there is no observable evidence" have come to the thought that bodybuilding is?

Could anybody with a good understanding of evolution help me out here, do the results of bodybuilding count as observable evidence?

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2015, 11:54 AM
RE: Evolution and bodybuilding.
I'd say the ability of the body to say "If I'm not regularly lifting things, why waste resources on maintaining muscle mass?" is an example of how the body can adapt based on current needs, but it doesn't necessarily demonstrate the bigger picture of evolution in a way that would be easier to believe for a creationist than any of our other various adaptive tendencies.

'Murican Canadian
22-10-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: Evolution and bodybuilding.
(22-10-2015 11:54 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd say the ability of the body to say "If I'm not regularly lifting things, why waste resources on maintaining muscle mass?" is an example of how the body can adapt based on current needs, but it doesn't necessarily demonstrate the bigger picture of evolution in a way that would be easier to believe for a creationist than any of our other various adaptive tendencies.

I see. Come to think of it every single Christian I've ever spoken to in England has agreed that evolution exists, though mainly on a minor scale. A lot of them can't quite get their head around evolution of species though.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.