Evolution and racism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Question Evolution and racism
This is not a debunking page(for now) but i do need someones help.Blush I came across creationist saying that darwin was racist. However darwin was opposed to slavery,called a black man the best person he's the best person he has ever met and that he supported people of native areas. All i need is the sources the pages and the full quote.

But i will debunk something and that the fact that racism undermines a theory. What if newton was racist? does that mean gravity is wrong.http://personal.uncc.edu/jmarks/pubs/Enc%20race%20Sci%20Racism%20Hist.pdf here is a bunch of racist scientist (sort of makes me upset because i my self am black but no use of cryingUndecided) Also people use the bible to justify racism.

these guys kinda prove my point. also creationist will use racism http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/racism.html example. Well if you can help i will be greatfullBowing

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 07:31 PM
RE: Evolution and racism
(02-02-2014 07:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I came across creationist saying that darwin was racist.

What, more than YHWH? That question is 'not even wrong.' Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Well actually I think Darwin *was* a bit racist at one point ... there was a lot of it about ... superiority of the 'white race' and 'white man's burden' etc.

Ignorance is usually responsible for racism isn't it? When he found out more, I think he stopped being ignorant/racist [as well as believing in God].

Moodie x
[+] 1 user Likes Moodie's post
02-02-2014, 08:23 PM
(02-02-2014 08:05 PM)Moodie Wrote:  Well actually I think Darwin *was* a bit racist at one point ... there was a lot of it about ... superiority of the 'white race' and 'white man's burden' etc.

Ignorance is usually responsible for racism isn't it? When he found out more, I think he stopped being ignorant/racist [as well as believing in God].

Moodie x

It would be no suprise if he had some racism though. Even if he was he wouldn't even compare to the racism of his peers like sir richard owens. Strange how said raciest creationist of darwins time aren't noticed.

02-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Here is a video by the youtuber Concordance where he rebuts the charge that Darwin was racist. The video begins with a soundbite of a Christian apologist. The rebuttal starts around minute 2:10.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
03-02-2014, 05:23 AM
(02-02-2014 08:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here is a video by the youtuber Concordance where he rebuts the charge that Darwin was racist. The video begins with a soundbite of a Christian apologist. The rebuttal starts around minute 2:10.

Thank you ghost maybe i should do something on true christians

03-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Those black guys in the first video are truly vile and highly racist. Oh, . . . and they believe, via fairytales, that they are superior. That's pretty pathetic if you think about it.

Just sayin'.
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
03-02-2014, 10:06 AM
If you want to have a scientific understanding on the history and evolution of racism watch this 3 part series:

Warning! It is a very disturbing documentary series!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
03-02-2014, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 09:57 PM by Compassion4Life.)
Sorry, didn't realize my friend had signed in after my last time here. I will repost under my name.
03-02-2014, 10:00 PM
If claiming Darwin as being racist is a Creationist argument to try and debunk him, or that atheists are all racist, then we should ask them "How come the most religious part of the U.S. (known as the "Bible Belt") is, by far and wide, the most racist part of the country?" I have always found that racism goes down as atheism goes up. The attitude of a superior race tends to go away when one no longer believes they are the special creation of some omnipotent, invisible sky daddy.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post