Evolution and the Scientific Method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: Evolution and the Scientific Method
(14-10-2017 02:30 PM)Eagle Wrote:  When it comes to science, I believe the facts, and the facts are that evolution is a lie.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-c...ng-another

A couple of things to note: CSNNews.com is acknowledged as an extremely right-wing, Trump-supporting, conservative organisation who called African-Americans "thugs".

And Dr. Benjamin Carson? A practising Seventh Day Adventist and anti-abortionist, and who's currently worth a cool $29 million? Carson believes in intelligent design, and founded My Faith Votes—a religious organisation that focusses on partnering with churches, pastors and national faith leaders, to mobilise Christians to lead the conversation on the place of faith in culture and politics.

In the 2016 election, My Faith Votes was largely credited with activating a sizable percentage of the 25 million Evangelicals who were registered to vote in previous elections but had chosen not to, prompting a record turnout by Evangelicals.

—So of course Carson is gonna piss on the evolutionary parade.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
14-10-2017, 05:13 PM
(14-10-2017 04:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 04:37 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Why the fuck would anybody be nice to a troll?

Some kind-hearted, gentle folk think they can be domesticated. I'm a bigger fan of ridicule. No
Meh, I preferring nailing their scrotum to the floor of a burning building, but that's the sentimental Irish in me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
14-10-2017, 05:19 PM
(14-10-2017 04:59 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 04:52 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I do know what evolution is. The problem is that the people here do not know what it is.

Examples:
A picture of some imaginary animal does not 'become' a whale because someone said so.
Variation within a species is not a new species.

That's all the evidence people post, although they try to sound convincing by being arrogant and perhaps even attempting to be intimidating, it isn't evolution.

No. You really do not know what evolution is. Take it from an evolutionary scientist. Do you know what a strawman argument is?

[Image: Evolution_f5df13_2094298.jpeg]
Funny you should make your post about the colours - black does not become white because you say it!

You are just like most everyone else on this thread who's posted something. You claim 'authority' but are frightened to post facts, logic, or rationale to back up your position.
14-10-2017, 05:21 PM
(14-10-2017 04:47 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 04:45 PM)julep Wrote:  I'm still waiting for you to respond to the question that I asked twice on your other thread. Then we can move on to the many errors that you've made here.
You will have to re-post it or PM me it, there's too many posts on the other thread where people just copy/pasted loads of redundant information, mixed in with insults, 'funny GIFs' etc, and not enough sensible conversation! Smile
Not my problem if you are too lazy to read your thread.
14-10-2017, 05:21 PM
(14-10-2017 05:01 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 02:30 PM)Eagle Wrote:  When it comes to science, I believe the facts, and the facts are that evolution is a lie.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-c...ng-another

A couple of things to note: CSNNews.com is acknowledged as an extremely right-wing, Trump-supporting, conservative organisation who called African-Americans "thugs".

And Dr. Benjamin Carson? A practising Seventh Day Adventist and anti-abortionist, and who's currently worth a cool $29 million? Carson believes in intelligent design, and founded My Faith Votes—a religious organisation that focusses on partnering with churches, pastors and national faith leaders, to mobilise Christians to lead the conversation on the place of faith in culture and politics.

In the 2016 election, My Faith Votes was largely credited with activating a sizable percentage of the 25 million Evangelicals who were registered to vote in previous elections but had chosen not to, prompting a record turnout by Evangelicals.

I am not a Seventh Day Adventist and he is wrong on salvation.

I don't know or care what the website is.

What your argument is, is something called add hominem. You are trying to discredit his argument by discrediting his person.

I would challenge you instead to provide a robust argument against his points in the article. To attack a person rather than their arguments indicates that a weak mind.
14-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Conclusion: Evolution is an unproven pseudo-science.

I wonder what could be the next thread! The last thread showed that God is the only logical explanation for the creation of the universe. This thread debunks evolution.

Guys, it's time to get right and believe in God.
14-10-2017, 05:24 PM
(14-10-2017 05:21 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 05:01 PM)SYZ Wrote:  A couple of things to note: CSNNews.com is acknowledged as an extremely right-wing, Trump-supporting, conservative organisation who called African-Americans "thugs".

I am not a Seventh Day Adventist and he is wrong on salvation.

What your argument is, is something called add hominem. You are trying to discredit his argument by discrediting his person.

I would challenge you instead to provide a robust argument against his points in the article. To attack a person rather than their arguments indicates that a weak mind.

*Ad Hominem. If you are gonna try and accuse him of it you should probably spell it right first.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-10-2017, 05:25 PM
(14-10-2017 05:23 PM)Eagle Wrote:  This thread debunks evolution.

[Image: LBM55wY.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
14-10-2017, 05:25 PM
(14-10-2017 05:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 05:21 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I am not a Seventh Day Adventist and he is wrong on salvation.

*Ad Hominem. If you are gonna try and accuse him of it you should probably spell it right first.
That's an Add hominem too! Laugh out load
14-10-2017, 05:28 PM
(14-10-2017 05:19 PM)Eagle Wrote:  You are just like most everyone else on this thread who's posted something. You claim 'authority' but are frightened to post facts, logic, or rationale to back up your position.

There has been enough evidence posted on here but you're not just dismissing it without taking the time to understand it. Like every example of evolution we present you just say is natural selection instead. Your understanding of evolution is flawed and when this is pointed out to you by people who research evolution and use it in practice you just reply by saying that you know best.

You have zero debating skills. Sticking your fingers in your ears and repeating yourself ad infinitum is not debating.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post