Evolution and the Scientific Method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: Evolution and the Scientific Method
(14-10-2017 05:23 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I wonder what could be the next thread! The last thread showed that God is the only logical explanation for the creation of the universe. This thread debunks evolution.

Guys, it's time to get right and believe in God.

No, it's time to slander the Holy Spirit before your very eyes, deliberately forfeiting that silly "salvation" crap.

I'll start: I see no functional difference whatsoever between the Biblical entities "Holy Spirit" and "Satan." It appears that the primary function of these two fictional characters in the Christian story arc is to invade mortals' minds to effect behavioural changes, either in support of or in opposition to whatever plan the boss god Yahweh has ordained for the mortal in question.

Who else has something delightfully unkind to say about the HS? Bring it on!

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
15-10-2017, 12:13 AM
I call Christianity the Frankenstein's monster of religions, painfully joining together chunks of other dead religions.

The three parts of the trinity, in my estimation, represent three disparate God concepts that got jarred together: the angry war-God, the emotionally abusive man-God, and the celestial floaty ethereal God. The holy spirit is certainly the wet fart of the trio, the vaguest nonsense that the apologist retreats to when all attempts to face reality have failed. It's the least offensive to me because it doesn't actually seem to do anything except give people feelies and get really offended when people call it a cunt.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post
15-10-2017, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2017 02:22 AM by DLJ.)
(14-10-2017 06:12 PM)unsapien Wrote:  HOLY SHIT STEVIL CHECK YOUR QUOTES AND CORRECT THEM! Weeping

That's not ME that's EAGLE's quotes.

*breath* *breath* *exhale* *repeat* Sadcryface
Very, very sorry. Don't know how that happened.

I can't edit that post, system won't let me. Can a Moderator please do it for me? Yes.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
15-10-2017, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2017 02:54 AM by adey67.)
Eagle wouldn't know science if it fucked him in the mouth.
There's a long post a page back by EK with all of eagles arrogant stupidity quoted out, all should read it as when you see it laid out in this fashion it makes it all the more obvious or more accurately it really lays bare the astonishing depth of his trolling. This fool is just fucking with everyone he contributes nothing worthwhile has hijacked and derailed Ruby's thread and dumped so much shit on the forum carpets that if I was the forum janitor I wouldn't even attempt clean up but replace the carpets. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do but lets just say I look forward to seeing him get consequences for his actions and behavior.
[+] 5 users Like adey67's post
15-10-2017, 03:45 AM
(14-10-2017 08:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are ring species which demonstrate the continuum between those species.
Not sure if this article is true or not, but there might not be any ring species.
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com...g-species/

and corroborated by
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larus#Ring_species
Quote:However, a recent genetic study has shown that this example is far more complicated than presented here, and probably does not constitute a true ring species
15-10-2017, 04:27 AM
(14-10-2017 11:56 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Who else has something delightfully unkind to say about the HS? Bring it on!

The "Holy Spirit" concept is just an excuse for endless rationalizations.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
15-10-2017, 04:40 AM
I have this girl I like, she's an ex-Catholic... she and I have done the horizontal mambo a few times. She always used to joke that in Catholic school they were told to "leave room for the Holy Spirit" when they touched a boy (e.g. at ballroom dance class). So I'm like "sure there's room for the Holy Spirit, it's just a tight fit at the moment" Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 11 users Like morondog's post
15-10-2017, 05:09 AM
(15-10-2017 04:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  ...
So I'm like "sure there's room for the Holy Spirit, it's just a tight fit at the moment" Big Grin

OH MY BUDDHA!

I think you're on to something.

Holy Spirit Condom
So diaphanous you'll find it hard to believe it's there!

[Image: church-condom.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
15-10-2017, 07:11 AM
I think that the reason creationists are so scared of the theory of evolution is that it takes them off the pedestal of being "special". They long to be above nature as opposed to part of nature. I call this the Special Snowflake Hypothesis ®. It is as though a snowflake, seeing how no other snowflake looks the same, pronounces itself special and all the time failing to see that all the others fit the very description.

Creationism would be laughable if it wasn't so myopic, disruptive and being taught to children.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
15-10-2017, 08:21 AM
(14-10-2017 10:58 AM)Eagle Wrote:  The scientific method is defined as,

"a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."

I wanted to start a thread on the pseudoscience of evolution.

Evolution CANNOT be observed, measured or tested.

Evolution is not science.

Please discuss why some people still refer to it as science.

Hey Eagle. I really want to read your posts and consider your views, but can you start using proper citations from scholarly sources? As a scientist, you should be so accustomed to writing and citing papers that I'm surprised you aren't already packing your posts full of citations. APA will be fine, but if your institution used a different style, just provide the style guidelines so we can all follow along.

Thanks.
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post