Evolution and the Scientific Method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: Evolution and the Scientific Method
(15-10-2017 05:49 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Great Pyrenees and teacup Chihuahuas can no long interbreed, they're separate sub species. People did that in a few hundred years.

Can you post a link to this information? I've heard that the Great Dane and the Chihuahua can still breed.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2017, 09:50 PM
(15-10-2017 09:21 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-10-2017 05:49 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Great Pyrenees and teacup Chihuahuas can no long interbreed, they're separate sub species. People did that in a few hundred years.

Side Tangent: The more extreme dog breeds bother the hell out of me. That humans so selectively breed these animals for specific features, some of which make the life of the animal worse, seems needlessly cruel. Purebreds suffering from regressive genetic disorders or the respiratory problems of chasing neoteny in breeds like pugs and bulldogs.

Yes! The crap bulldogs go through to simply breath is animal abuse. I read that the females can no longer give birth naturally. Their hips position is now incapable of birth.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-10-2017, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2017 10:09 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-10-2017 09:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-10-2017 09:21 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Side Tangent: The more extreme dog breeds bother the hell out of me. That humans so selectively breed these animals for specific features, some of which make the life of the animal worse, seems needlessly cruel. Purebreds suffering from regressive genetic disorders or the respiratory problems of chasing neoteny in breeds like pugs and bulldogs.

Yes! The crap bulldogs go through to simply breath is animal abuse. I read that the females can no longer give birth naturally. Their hips position is now incapable of birth.

[Image: Old%20vs%20new%20bulldog%20skulls.jpg]

On the left is a bulldog skull from 300 years ago, the one on the right is a contemporary bulldog skull. Shit has clearly gotten outta hand, it barely looks canine anymore.

But as an aside, this is what humans can do in just 3 centuries, let alone what nature can do over millions of years.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2017, 10:38 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-10-2017, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 03:54 AM by OakTree500.)
(14-10-2017 11:06 AM)Eagle Wrote:  Keep in mind the reality: it's a theory.

[Image: giphy.webp]

Please stop. I've had enough Troll for a while.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
16-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Is it wrong to wish an antibiotic-resistant crotch infection on Eagle? Asking for a friend.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
16-10-2017, 11:35 AM
(16-10-2017 11:14 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Is it wrong to wish an antibiotic-resistant crotch infection on Eagle? Asking for a friend.

Eagle is a scientist and he has Jesus on his side. No crotch infection you wish upon him can possibly be Jesus-resistant and also a match for Eagle's science know-how. Go ahead and wish. You will not slow Eagle down!

I'M WITH YOU, EAGLE!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
16-10-2017, 11:36 AM
(15-10-2017 06:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

What happens if they try? Hobo

Try crossing a Smart car and a Kenworth semi-tractor.

I'll wait. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
16-10-2017, 11:51 AM
(14-10-2017 11:06 AM)Eagle Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 11:01 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Showing off how uninformed and ill-educated you are? Bravo!

Why don't YOU show how 'informed' and 'educated' YOU are by showing HOW evolution can and does meet the criteria for the scientific method.

Keep in mind the reality: it's a theory.

Of course it's a theory. Science doesn't deal in the crowning of irreducible facts and dogma. The contingency is an integral part.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
16-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Evolution is true for the same reason we can convict a murderer without witnessing the event.

Except we HAVE witnessed evolution, mostly in species such as fruit flies and lizards, and we can actually make predictions of when we can find a species in the fossil record. And those are just a couple of examples Drinking Beverage

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/