Evolution and the Scientific Method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2017, 09:19 PM
RE: Evolution and the Scientific Method
(18-10-2017 06:43 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Well one of the threads blew up in size because of all the shit posting that went on. Don't think of it as an Eagle thread but a get together down the pub.

Can I buy you a pint?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-10-2017, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2017 10:59 PM by Full Circle.)
(18-10-2017 09:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-10-2017 08:54 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_lga90lVIiS1qey6sc.jpg]

I wish I had the time I really do lol

[Image: VQJ41L3s.jpg]

Whiskey, you're going to have a ball with this guy. Big Grin

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
18-10-2017, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2017 10:58 PM by Robvalue.)
(18-10-2017 06:27 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(18-10-2017 06:23 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  As soon as people realize this type isn't here to actually discuss the issues these hundred pages whack-a-thons will be a thing of the past.

I'm always blown away when I see how big the threads get. Hell, Eagle's first thread has over doubled in size since his last post.

Sadly, I do miss some of the legit discussions we used to have here two or three years ago, but those seem to be fewer and fewer. It's probably a big part of why I try to give any new poster the benefit of the doubt.

I would love it if some religious person could bring us something substantial, thought provoking or original. I honestly would. Not that it's very likely they'd manage to recruit me into their religion, but I'd be very interested in some sort of real analysis of all this "God" business.

But every time... it's the same nonsense. You could write it down on cards beforehand: the dozen or so flawed logical arguments and then the desperate appeals to morality and such, followed by self-aggrandizing or threats by proxy.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Robvalue's post
18-10-2017, 11:00 PM
(18-10-2017 10:52 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(18-10-2017 06:27 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm always blown away when I see how big the threads get. Hell, Eagle's first thread has over doubled in size since his last post.

Sadly, I do miss some of the legit discussions we used to have here two or three years ago, but those seem to be fewer and fewer. It's probably a big part of why I try to give any new poster the benefit of the doubt.

I would love it if some religious person could bring us something substantial, thought provoking or original. I honestly would. Not that it's very likely they'd manage to recruit me into their religion, but I'd be very interested in some sort of real analysis of all this "God" business.

But every time... it's the same nonsense. You could write it down on cards beforehand: the dozen or so flawed logical arguments and then the desperate appeals to morality and such, followed by self-aggrandizing or threats by proxy.

...and word salads Rob, don’t forget word salads.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
18-10-2017, 11:10 PM
(18-10-2017 06:43 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Well one of the threads blew up in size because of all the shit posting that went on. Don't think of it as an Eagle thread but a get together down the pub.

Aye, yer' welcome.

[Image: 0mKwPCn.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-10-2017, 11:16 PM
(18-10-2017 10:52 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  I would love it if some religious person could bring us something substantial, thought provoking or original. I honestly would. Not that it's very likely they'd manage to recruit me into their religion, but I'd be very interested in some sort of real analysis of all this "God" business.

The problem is that there is nothing in religion that is substantial, thought provoking, or original. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
19-10-2017, 12:37 AM
(18-10-2017 11:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  The problem is that there is nothing in religion that is substantial, thought provoking, or original. Drinking Beverage

I find people's fascination with it fascinating. So it provoked that thought. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-10-2017, 06:10 AM
(18-10-2017 10:52 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  But every time... it's the same nonsense. You could write it down on cards beforehand: the dozen or so flawed logical arguments and then the desperate appeals to morality and such, followed by self-aggrandizing or threats by proxy.

[Image: VeWIdoi.png]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
19-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Lol argument from accurate place names is the best Big Grin

Seriously, this guy knew the name of the town he was living in! How else could he have known that if God didn't tell him?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
19-10-2017, 07:30 AM
(19-10-2017 06:10 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(18-10-2017 10:52 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  But every time... it's the same nonsense. You could write it down on cards beforehand: the dozen or so flawed logical arguments and then the desperate appeals to morality and such, followed by self-aggrandizing or threats by proxy.

[Image: VeWIdoi.png]

Double bingo! Row 4 and one of the diagonals.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post