Evolution and the Scientific Method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2017, 02:02 PM
RE: Evolution and the Scientific Method
(14-10-2017 01:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 01:48 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  I wonder why religious folk spend all their time hammering away at the theory of evolution while accepting without question pretty much all other areas of science? I give too much credit of course by assuming they know the difference between evolution and TTOE.

The fact that it's still standing after all this scrutiny shows how strong it is.

Shame, this guy is a troll I guess. I had hopes it was an actual guy here to learn a little something.

Because evolution renders Adam and Eve obsolete. And disproves God's 6 day creation period, with one day off for funsies. Most importantly, it proves that no cloud genie was needed or required in our "creation."

Yet some theists still shoehorn the cloud genie in, even though they accept evolution.
Depends on which of the many brands of theist you are talking to I suppose Rolleyes Ooops sorry I should have given the Cloud Genie capitals Laugh out load

Get your own bleeding hymn book
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
14-10-2017, 02:05 PM
(14-10-2017 02:02 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 01:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Because evolution renders Adam and Eve obsolete. And disproves God's 6 day creation period, with one day off for funsies. Most importantly, it proves that no cloud genie was needed or required in our "creation."

Yet some theists still shoehorn the cloud genie in, even though they accept evolution.
Depends on which of the many brands of theist you are talking to I suppose Rolleyes Ooops sorry I should have given the Cloud Genie capitals Laugh out load

Tongue Yeah there a definitely theists that accept evolution, we have a few on the forum as well. I'm talking specifically about the ones who are not havin' it because they feel it calls God a liar by going against His Word.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-10-2017, 02:07 PM
(14-10-2017 02:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  we have a few on the forum as well.

Aliza and Shai. We need a few more decent theists TBH. Since Kingsy turned into a baby-eater we can't point at him and laugh say how tolerant we are.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
14-10-2017, 02:12 PM
(14-10-2017 01:59 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Smart theists co-opt science rather than trying to deny it. It still makes their extra beliefs redundant, but at least they can live in reality.

As a former xtian, I believed that God set evolution in motion. That was how I rationalized it to myself as a believer. At some point, I just couldn't see how we even needed God for this, and I felt like I was making a lot of excuses for him on my part. Just couldn't do it anymore. A true magical deity wouldn't need us to make excuses for him, instead the evidence would be all around us and science would corroborate His Word. When things don't line up with science, I think it's safe to assign the title "antiquated belief" to the cultural thoughts of an ancient people and move on to future scientific endeavors.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-10-2017, 02:13 PM
(14-10-2017 11:34 AM)Eagle Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 11:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  So your "theory" is what? That we are made of clay, created by a magic being who lives in the clouds? And just your magic being created us--not the other magic beings from other cultures that are said to exist. Where is the observable evidence of your god? Where is the observable evidence we are claymation people?
The point of this thread is to show how evolution is NOT science.

What you have jennybee, is a massive industry of academics who can't ALLOW the idea of evolution to be abandoned: their career depends upon it, and also, it's the best theory people have to try to excuse a disbelief in God.

You know right away (at least I hope you know) that your post is a diversionary side track, but, look at all the other posts too. No one has offered anything substantial to show that I am wrong in regards to the theory of evolution. I would ask you to consider what that says about 'atheism' and 'thinking'.

But, to answer your question anyway, because, among other things, you're my friend, you (probably) know what I believe! I believe mankind was created from dust and has been on the earth for approximately 6,000 years.

(14-10-2017 11:34 AM)Eagle Wrote:  The point of this thread is to show how evolution is NOT science.

I haven't read this whole thread but I got to this statement ^ ^ ^ and fell over laughing. Bwhahahahahah Laugh out load

Do you realize that gravity is a theory? Do you realize that there are several theories working in the computer you're using. Do you realize that many of the newest cancer treatments rely on the fact that humans evolved to cure that horrid disease? The Human Genome Project proved and confirmed beyond any doubt that evolution happened and is still happening today. Go read a book on evolution by an ACCREDITED evolutionary biologists, not some dip-shit creationist.

Geeeesus fucking christ, you're dumb as a goddamned box of rocks.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-10-2017, 02:13 PM
(14-10-2017 01:25 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 10:58 AM)Eagle Wrote:  Evolution is not science.

Please discuss why some people still refer to it as science.

Because some people know that the various types of plants and animals on Earth have their origin in other pre existing types, and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations.

Next question.

Thumbsup

Here you are defining evolution as a BELIEF.

That's because evolution is a belief, it is NOT science.
14-10-2017, 02:14 PM
(14-10-2017 02:13 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 01:25 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  Because some people know that the various types of plants and animals on Earth have their origin in other pre existing types, and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations.

Next question.

Thumbsup

Know.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
14-10-2017, 02:18 PM
(14-10-2017 02:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 01:59 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Smart theists co-opt science rather than trying to deny it. It still makes their extra beliefs redundant, but at least they can live in reality.

As a former xtian, I believed that God set evolution in motion. That was how I rationalized it to myself as a believer. At some point, I just couldn't see how we even needed God for this, and I felt like I was making a lot of excuses for him on my part. Just couldn't do it anymore. A true magical deity wouldn't need us to make excuses for him, instead the evidence would be all around us and science would corroborate His Word. When things don't line up with science, I think it's safe to assign the title "antiquated belief" to the cultural thoughts of an ancient people and move on to future scientific endeavors.

I would be interested in hearing about your Christian background. When we spoke before, you didn't even realise that Jesus was in the OT.

Evolution is a lie of the devil to deceive people. As you can see from this thread, there is no science to evolution. Don't be deceived by some guy in a position or people on a forum or at work or college or whatever you do. Look, the unsaved world would want to convince you to go out and sleep around and get drunk, and make you think you're a prude for not doing any of these things. The world rejects God, and rejects trying to obey Him too.

But... if you really were a Christian, then you are still a Christian. If you were born again, you can't be unborn of the second birth anymore than you can of the first birth.

If you're born again, we'll see each other in Heaven, guaranteed.
14-10-2017, 02:19 PM
(14-10-2017 02:14 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 02:13 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Thumbsup

Know.
When you claim to 'know' something and there is no proof, that is known as belief.

You really don't know that? Smile
14-10-2017, 02:21 PM
[Image: Why-People-Reject-Evolution-pie-chart-meme.jpg]

[+] 17 users Like jennybee's post