Evolution and the Scientific Method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: Evolution and the Scientific Method
(14-10-2017 02:31 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I am posting to try to help people to see the truth.

Because I care about you all.

I love you too, but I have had a fair amount of beer Heart

Get your own bleeding hymn book
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
14-10-2017, 02:36 PM
(14-10-2017 02:30 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I KNOW you have noticed that not ONE person has posted here to give proof of evolution!

Actually, I did. You can see it on Page 5. Here it is again:

"You can see evolution working today. For example, did you know that all dogs are descendants of the wolf?

Evolution incorporates many factors as it progresses. It isn't about things spontaneously changing, but rather it requires multiple environmental factors working over time to make changes to creatures.

Another example is ourselves, the human. With a changing diet, social structure, and interbreeding between the many races of humans, a new human being has evolved from the old.

Evolution is not something evil, but rather it is a natural process. After all, even you must agree that modern humans are completely different than humans just 2000 years ago. Today, we have an evolved higher education that has helped us to develop inventions, medicines, etc. The human race has evolved intellectually, as well as physically.

You can see all this today with your very own eyes. Open your mind. Challenge your belief system.

If God exists, He would want you to be honest, even if it meant questioning His existence.
"

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1254575

This is observable and provable evidence of evolution happening as we speak.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
14-10-2017, 02:38 PM
(14-10-2017 02:28 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Why is Eagle trolling this forum? Probably to get a rise out of people.

More like to give us something to chew on for a bit, until we get bored. Is too generic a numbnut to be really interesting but we'll have to make do with it until something more interesting and at least somewhat more intelligent comes along. Like an amoeba or something Drinking Beverage

[Image: tumblr_n6q9awMXuE1s65ugio1_500.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
14-10-2017, 02:40 PM
(14-10-2017 02:35 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 02:31 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I am posting to try to help people to see the truth.

Because I care about you all.

I love you too, but I have had a fair amount of beer Heart

Just how much would Eagle be prepared to love us? For example, Eagle, I know that several forum members are struggling with medical bills. Please help them. Show that you really love them. That you're not all empty talk. I mean, if your love is just words that's cool, but then be honest and just say that you're concern-trolling. Because real love is *actions*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
14-10-2017, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2017 02:20 AM by DLJ.)
(14-10-2017 11:17 AM)Eagle Wrote:  1. There are NO examples of a species becoming another species, now or in history.
Every offspring is the same species as their parents.

If, for example, a cat gave birth to a dog, now that would falsify the theory of evolution.

(14-10-2017 11:17 AM)Eagle Wrote:  2. It therefore cannot be measured because there is NO evidence. What can be measured is the lack of evidence - all of it.
It can be measured and inferred.
We can sequence DNA, there have been many experiments on the evolving of bacteria.
The fossil record shows a progression in form and complexity.

(14-10-2017 11:17 AM)Eagle Wrote:  3. It cannot be tested because all living things produce only after their own kind, every test shows that this is the case.
And given the theory of evolution, this is exactly what we would expect.
One must have a reasonable understanding of the term "species" to understand this.
Along our ancestral line there is no clear demarcation from one species to the next. However, if you go back far enough you will find that your great, great , great grandparents are fish.

Edited by mod to correct quote attribution (and one spelling mistake).
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
14-10-2017, 02:43 PM
@Eagle

Evolution is lie of the devil? Your trolling just hit the bottom. Are you trying to get "most idiotic troll on TTA award"?

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
14-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Who cares if "evolution isn't science"? (Not that this makes the slightest bit of sense. Of course it isn't. It's a process. Learn what words mean, especially in a scientific context.)

Do you think that if you can persuade random atheists on a forum that our understanding is flawed that we'll notice that the only other explanation is sky magic? And specifically Jesus sky magic? Thus earning you Jesus points?

You have to be pretty insecure to be pulling this stuff. The world is out there to go experience and to think about, the Internet is full of resources to learn from, there are tons of books on the subject, museums packed with evidence, yet here are the trolls talking shit on an atheist forum (not even a science one). The trolls expect us to pull a whole science lab out of our ass, inside a forum post, packed with evidence; evidence that they'd dismiss even if we rubbed their nose in it anyway.

Are we supposed to pass these revelations up the science chain of command or something? Look out, no one noticed that evolution isn't science! Start again people.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
14-10-2017, 03:00 PM
(14-10-2017 02:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 02:18 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I would be interested in hearing about your Christian background. When we spoke before, you didn't even realise that Jesus was in the OT.

Evolution is a lie of the devil to deceive people. As you can see from this thread, there is no science to evolution. Don't be deceived by some guy in a position or people on a forum or at work or college or whatever you do. Look, the unsaved world would want to convince you to go out and sleep around and get drunk, and make you think you're a prude for not doing any of these things. The world rejects God, and rejects trying to obey Him too.

But... if you really were a Christian, then you are still a Christian. If you were born again, you can't be unborn of the second birth anymore than you can of the first birth.

If you're born again, we'll see each other in Heaven, guaranteed.

Jesus was not in the OT and I explained to you why that was. You're taking things out of context again. The lamb in the OT during the Egyptian slaughter is referring to an Egyptian god, not Jesus. Why not read up on the actual history of the Bible instead of just regurgitating what *your* religious leaders (who have an agenda--speaking of sheep baaaaaa) told you.

Hmmm, accept what has been scientifically proven time and time again or accept a magical cloud genie created us based on faith alone? Sorry, still gonna have to go with evolution. And even if you don't accept evolution, then why is your default setting "God did it?"

And no I'm not still Xtian. I was one once, but that Jesus ship has sailed to the mighty blue yonder and now I base my accepting of things on hard evidence and not on a demigod who can walk on water and lives in a cloud mansion. I'd sooner pin my hopes on the Jolly Green Giant on my frozen peas. At least I can see him. Big Grin
No, you couldn't have been a Christian unless you had some pretty poor teachers! You may have been a Mormon, or a Catholic, or perhaps a Jehovahs Witness.

You're dead wrong about what the Lamb is referring to. This is why the Jews would sacrifice a lamb each year - to represent the Lamb of God, Jesus. The Egyptians gods were useless against the God of Moses, and the Egyptian priests gave up trying to fight against God. You've really got some messed up Bible study there!

But, to show you some more, Jesus in the OT:

'And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.' - Exodus 33:20

'And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;....And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:' Genesis 18:1,3

In the OT (and also the NT) we are told that no one can look upon the Father and live. Then in the second verse I've shown you, Abraham met the Lord. Jesus is how God chose to reveal Himself to man, and as you can see, Jesus appeared to Abraham in Genesis.

Notice also in Genesis, that God refers to Himself as 'us' - that is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

In regards to evolution, seriously, evolution is not true, evolution has not been proven, it's conjecture. Notice there is no evidence in this thread, just people trying to sound important by being dismissive, without providing proof - if someone had provided it I would have gave it due consideration. Why do you baulk at the truth?

As for religious leaders that you mention I have, you assume. I don't have any, I wasn't brought up a Christian, I became born again as an adult, with the Spirit of Truth as my guide.

Why do I believe that God created life? An appraisal of the facts, leads one to see it's the only thing that makes sense.
14-10-2017, 03:04 PM
(14-10-2017 02:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 02:35 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  I love you too, but I have had a fair amount of beer Heart

Just how much would Eagle be prepared to love us? For example, Eagle, I know that several forum members are struggling with medical bills. Please help them. Show that you really love them. That you're not all empty talk. I mean, if your love is just words that's cool, but then be honest and just say that you're concern-trolling. Because real love is *actions*.

If you think I am posting here because I enjoy myself then you got some strange ideas of enjoyment haha! Posting here is an action, is it not.

However, if there is someone who is struggling to pay bills, then I will help them if I can. Let them contact me.

As for drink, I don't know if you are a family man? If you are, it's not good for your children or your wife to have to see you drunk. If you are single, do you want some woman who gets drunk and loses control of her faculties, behaving in inappropriate ways in public and with others? Drinks a hard thing to give up, but it starts from a change of mind!
14-10-2017, 03:05 PM
(14-10-2017 02:30 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 02:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: Why-People-Reject-Evolution-pie-chart-meme.jpg]
I KNOW you have noticed that not ONE person has posted here to give proof of evolution!

It's up to you what you want to believe or not.

When it comes to science, I believe the facts, and the facts are that evolution is a lie.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-c...ng-another

“no one has ever demonstrated one species changing to another species.”

"He added that if the theory were true, we should be able “to find intermediate species at any given point in time” and follow the “fossil trail and see how everything evolved,” from single-cell organisms to man, but that trail is not there. "

He is absolutely right.

To say that someone doesn't understand evolution is different from there being no proof of evolution.

What you are starting to get now, is that scientists are now looking to outer space to try to find where life started from. Trying to demonstrate that evolution evolved from mud from lightning storms etc has been abandoned, now the idea which is gaining traction is that life came from outer space.

Of course, like the Russian doll, the one inside comes from another inside etc, postponing the inevitable - it's another excuse rather than admitting that the whole idea of evolution is crazy.

I actually did post something for you in your other thread that showcases a great example of evolution, and you chose to ignore it. If you really want to step outside your bubble, go watch the Dawkins youtube video on the dissection of the laryngeal nerve of the giraffe. I personally think it is fine for you to have your beliefs in your magical and invisible sky leprechaun--but at least educate yourself on evolution forfucksake Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post