Evolution,creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Evolution,creationist
Denying evolution /Darwin-ism seems ridiculous ,I mean we must have come from somewhere.....
But surely the argument should whether this was gods method of creationism or is it down to random luck of atoms finding each other by shear chance,like one man buying a lottory ticket everyday for a million years and winning the jackpot everyday.And none of these argument give the least explanation for conciousness,emotions
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2014, 12:17 PM
RE: Evolution,creationist
Welcome.

I'll go with there being an infinite number of lottery tickets.

Wink

20-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Since when is evolution anything like winning the lottery?

That is how I am reading your interpretation of what it is suppose to be. If this is correct, you need to do more study on it. Not quite the same thing.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
20-09-2014, 12:37 PM
First of all, nobody accepts the theory of evolution as proposed by Darwin; it's outdated.
As for explaining things such as consciousness and emotions, the ToE explains the latter, but we haven't even defined the former. You can't explain that which you can't define. In addition, creationism/ID has to start off with an assumption: the existence of one or more deities. There is no evidence for this. ID/Creationism is a circular argument. Whereas we know that atoms can and do act randomly (though not all the time, or even most of the time - I'm going off of your false assumption that they're at least almost always random), we have never found one piece of evidence toward the existence of a deity that wasn't later explained scientifically (Zeus and lightning, Apollo and sunrises, the Norse pantheon/YHWH and rainbows, and so on).

Welcome to the forum.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
20-09-2014, 04:44 PM
(20-09-2014 12:37 PM)One Above All Wrote:  First of all, nobody accepts the theory of evolution as proposed by Darwin; it's outdated.

Ummm, what? Darwin's theory of evolution is still accepted today, a lot has been added and changed but the base theory proposed by Darwin is the main proponent of the theory of Evolution.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
20-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Yeah. Watch Ken Ham and Bill Nye's debate, if you have not.

Nye wins by a landslide, because Ham wasn't really arguing....

But a fun examination of both positions.
20-09-2014, 05:00 PM
(20-09-2014 04:44 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Ummm, what? Darwin's theory of evolution is still accepted today, a lot has been added and changed but the base theory proposed by Darwin is the main proponent of the theory of Evolution.

...Darwin was born, lived, and died before we even discovered DNA. Do you have any idea how old Darwin's original ToE is? His theory was published over 150 years ago, so the concept is even older than that. The discoveries we've made since then have changed the theory to the point that Darwin himself would probably only recognize one piece of it: Things that are not adapted to their environment will (most likely; barring sheer luck) die.
EDIT: I also want to note that, just because he made the initial assessment (natural selection) doesn't mean his theory is still accepted. It has been changed so much that it's no longer what he suggested (aside, once again, from the initial assessment). It evolved, one might say.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
20-09-2014, 05:14 PM
(20-09-2014 11:12 AM)phild249 Wrote:  Denying evolution /Darwin-ism seems ridiculous ,I mean we must have come from somewhere.....
But surely the argument should whether this was gods method of creationism or is it down to random luck of atoms finding each other by shear chance,like one man buying a lottory ticket everyday for a million years and winning the jackpot everyday.And none of these argument give the least explanation for conciousness,emotions

Nope. 100% false.
You understand neither Math/Probabilites (highly improbable single events happen all the time), Physics, nor Biology/Cellular biochemistry.

(*Lottery)

Once the initial event has occurred, it's no longer "shear chance".

Define (mathematically) "shear chance".

Take your time.

Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-09-2014, 06:50 PM
(20-09-2014 11:12 AM)phild249 Wrote:  Denying evolution /Darwin-ism seems ridiculous ,I mean we must have come from somewhere.....

First off, we come from our parents. Glad I could help you with that quandary.
Second, there is no argument. Evolution explains how populations change over time and a host of mechanisms that can drive those changes.

Evolution also doesn't explain how nail polish remover works.
Oh wait, god must do it. It couldn't possibly be chemistry.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
21-09-2014, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 08:24 AM by phild249.)
I AM NEITHER A CREATIONIST OR MATERIALIST I am in fact the same as everybody on the planet a DON'T KNOW of coarse some people actually believe their ignorance is form of higher intellect.Some of the greatest scientists and psysists admit they cannot be sure of anything so it's a good thing we have the no knowledge internet forumists to put them straight