Evolution,creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2014, 12:28 PM
RE: Evolution,creationist
(21-09-2014 12:07 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 12:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Darwin had the insight to see natural selection and sexual selection explained diversity and adaptation, and supported it with an enormous amount of evidence.

Is his insight outdated? No.

But many of his explanations for it are. where is the last time we say darwin mention DNA?

Doesn't matter. Darwin's insight despite not knowing the biological mechanisms is all the more remarkable.

If you haven't read The Origin of Species, I suggest you do.

At least read about Darwin's ideas from those who have, like Daniel Dennett or Richard Dawkins.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2014, 03:41 AM
(21-09-2014 07:49 AM)phild249 Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 07:33 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Are you not a native English speaker? Your grammar and spelling seem at odds with your claim to have studied neuroscience and psychology for more than 40 years.

Do you really think there is no one on the planet who knows more than "nothing" of Evolution? You understand that Evolution is a human description of the origin of species, right? Surely it wouldn't be of much use if no one understood the theory?
Yes ,I am a native English speaker, unfortunately, not necessarily a great writer or even speller come to that.And yes I studied the mentioned subjects, not perhaps on a University level but through available books etc...
Of course some of the theories must be correct, however is it really possible to KNOW a theory………?

See now this pisses me off, cause you are just out and out lying now. No person who has studied evolution at even a damn grade school level would describe evolution as "random luck of atoms finding each other by shear chance" or state that no one on the planet knows anything about evolution. You have not studied fucking jack shit buddy. My 6 year old niece has a better grasp on evolution then you do.

Looking through every last one of your posts you do not have a SINGLE one where you do not say something demonstrably wrong or just all out fucking stuuuuupid. No person who "studied neuroscience for 40 years" would be a as bumbleyfuckingly ignorant of what NDE's are and how they function. I'd bet dollars to dimes the only thing you read "information" wise is your church bulletin board, and I hope for their sake you don't write the damn thing..

You're a walking pile of bullshit, gullibility, and stupid so massive I am sure, with a large degree of certainty, that you have on at least three occasions fucked up your breakfast trying to make toast in your computers disc drive you fucking stupid dick lizard.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
22-09-2014, 04:37 AM
(22-09-2014 03:41 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You're a walking pile of bullshit, gullibility, and stupid so massive I am sure, with a large degree of certainty, that you have on at least three occasions fucked up your breakfast trying to make toast in your computers disc drive you fucking stupid dick lizard.

You are insulting and bigoted. Angry You have denigrated the lizard people. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2014, 03:26 PM
(22-09-2014 04:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 03:41 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You're a walking pile of bullshit, gullibility, and stupid so massive I am sure, with a large degree of certainty, that you have on at least three occasions fucked up your breakfast trying to make toast in your computers disc drive you fucking stupid dick lizard.

You are insulting and bigoted. Angry You have denigrated the lizard people. Shocking

It has been brought to my attention that I have recently unintentionally maligned lizards with my previous comments. I would like to apologize deeply and profusely, as it was not my intent to offend any reptilian folks. From car insurance to secretly running the UN in people suits it is a fact that lizards are among the most honorable and lizardy peoples of the animal kingdom and provide many vital services. My Sotek bless your scales!

I offer my sincerest apologizes for any offensive remarks I have made. To lizards. Phild249 is still a fucking idiot though.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
22-09-2014, 03:41 PM
(21-09-2014 12:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 12:07 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  But many of his explanations for it are. where is the last time we say darwin mention DNA?

Doesn't matter. Darwin's insight despite not knowing the biological mechanisms is all the more remarkable.

If you haven't read The Origin of Species, I suggest you do.

At least read about Darwin's ideas from those who have, like Daniel Dennett or Richard Dawkins.

Dude I have read the book before, I have it on my kindle

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube