Evolution defying animals? EEEEH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Evolution defying animals? EEEEH
Of course. But the again, you're not a Christian, with inbuilt assumptions.

I feel sorry for this kid ... this will perhaps be the last time she's taken with any sort of seriousness, unless she discovers her own sense of self. And clearly the brainwashing is strong in this one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2016, 03:48 PM
She had pleantly of opportunitys for rebuttals. To comments but would only respond with "This is wasting my time" or "Nope the bible knows everything." "Here are some creationist links."

Then even when arguments were presented. She declared victory, saying she didn't get the a serious debate.

And on a side note what is up with believers always wanting to end their post like it's a letter?

God Bless
Genesis 1:1

I forgive you (1,405+)

They was another one that i'm forgetting he just posted his name at the bottom like it was suppose to be some sort of come back. It escapes me ... OH i remember as i'm typing

Pysix Fisics something like that.

I don't know what they're trying to convay that they don't know how to write. Or that they don't relized that their names are on each post already.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
26-05-2016, 04:34 PM
(25-05-2016 09:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 08:19 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Perhaps you aren't getting the quite the reception you hoped for because you're spamming the "Science" forum. There's a separate forum for "Creationism". Kindly take it there.

Good recommendation. It's not like that's gonna make his argument less stupid, though.

You couldn't make this argument less stupid with anything short of going back in time and killing the poster's parents before he was conceived. My aim was solely to contain the disease.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
26-05-2016, 05:54 PM
(26-05-2016 08:07 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I heard a report this morning on the radio indicating that Neadertals had gone into a cave about a thousand feet and built a ring of stalactites some 20' across which they had torn from the cave itself. The stalactites were charred, which paleoanths take to mean either protective use against wildlife, or ritual use. Charred bones were nearby, which indicates an awareness of the value of marrow as fuel -- because you don't go 1000' into a cave without a torch.

Every discovery we find, we see that ancient men of all species are usually more complex than we credit them.

[Image: lead_960.jpg?1464180693]

You might find this snipet from my travel blog interesting...

Quote:The hike down took us passed an oddly placed stone building with a green metal roof. Charles explained that it had been built years ago to protect what Mary Leakey considered to be the first evidence of a pre-Homo sapiens structure. Known as the “DK Stone Circle”, this site consists of basalt rock that appears to have been placed in a circular formation. Writing in 1963, Leakey commented:

Quote:In general appearances the circle resembles temporary structures often made by present-day nomadic peoples who build a low stone wall round their dwellings to serve either as a windbreak or as a base to support upright branches which are bent over and covered with either skins or grass (Leakey, 1963: 24).

Some researchers have tried to propose natural explanations for the formation, like tree roots growing through basalt deposits and pushing the broken material up to the surface (Potts, 1984). Yet, others do not believe that this accounts for all of the formation features (Steele, J., & Shennan, 1996: 157). If it is artificial, the DK Stone Circle would be the oldest structure on earth dating to around two million-years-old.

[Image: 5D0Kb1.jpg]

The protective building.

[Image: s7uqm8.png]
A diagram of the DK Stone Circle (adapted from Phillips, 2005: 41).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
27-05-2016, 12:49 PM
(25-05-2016 05:51 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 04:19 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  I’m not going to try to be all formal, science-y now.
In my experience a person must actually know something about science before they can be all formal and science-y. In other words you would have to understand the concepts and the evidence that supports it before you can then casually dismiss them. Drinking Beverage

(25-05-2016 04:19 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  For my debate, the atheist side will most likely bring up natural selection. Could someone post a link about it? It’s really hard to find something like that in a Christian school.
Since you have a computer try a search using the term. I get the feeling that you are a poe-in-training but here, have a cookie
https://www.khanacademy.org/science/biol...-selection

Thank you very much!
27-05-2016, 12:54 PM
(25-05-2016 06:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:14 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  *God
*His
*divine

Because He knows all, and He knows what's best. Even if it doesn't match up to what we want.

God Bless

Then why pray?

Because God longs for a relationship with us, and we build that relationship through communication. God answers all prayers, not necessarily in the way we want or expect, but He always answers them.

"It's okay to write your plans down, but give God the eraser"

God Bless,
27-05-2016, 01:04 PM
(27-05-2016 12:54 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  Then why pray?

Because God longs for a relationship with us, and we build that relationship through communication. God answers all prayers, not necessarily in the way we want or expect, but He always answers them.

God Bless,

If your god longs for a relationship with you, why is it so mean to you?
When your prayers work the way you want you give your god credit, when they don't you give your god credit. How can you tell if these are not just random occurrences?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-05-2016, 01:52 PM
(26-05-2016 08:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 01:18 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  It's very amusing to see you guys fight with a grade 7 girl.

Why did you add 'girl' at the end? Why should this be any different to arguing against a grade 7 boy?

Cause they keep referring to me as "he" which is much different from the "she" i am
27-05-2016, 01:56 PM
(26-05-2016 03:48 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  She had pleantly of opportunitys for rebuttals. To comments but would only respond with "This is wasting my time" or "Nope the bible knows everything." "Here are some creationist links."

Then even when arguments were presented. She declared victory, saying she didn't get the a serious debate.

And on a side note what is up with believers always wanting to end their post like it's a letter?

God Bless

I forgive you (1,405+)

They was another one that i'm forgetting he just posted his name at the bottom like it was suppose to be some sort of come back. It escapes me ... OH i remember as i'm typing

Pysix Fisics something like that.

I don't know what they're trying to convay that they don't know how to write. Or that they don't relized that their names are on each post already.
BEcause I am taking responsibility for my words, plus I get to bless y'all.

GOD BLESS YOU THROUGH THE STORMS OF THIS WORLD, AND MAY HE BE WITH YOU THROUGH ALL,
27-05-2016, 01:59 PM
(27-05-2016 01:04 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 12:54 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Because God longs for a relationship with us, and we build that relationship through communication. God answers all prayers, not necessarily in the way we want or expect, but He always answers them.

God Bless,

If your god longs for a relationship with you, why is it so mean to you?
When your prayers work the way you want you give your god credit, when they don't you give your god credit. How can you tell if these are not just random occurrences?

How can you tell they're not? God is not "mean". He allows hardships because He loves us. For example, God created the tree of good and evil so that Adam and Eve had a choice.