Quote:"there's a gap in the theory"
[Image: evolutionarygapfilledno.jpg]

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2011, 03:39 PM
RE: Evolution defying animals? EEEEH
(12-03-2011 11:13 AM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  Kudos on watching that much of the program. I don't think I could have stomached it. I'm getting sick of hearing the same "evolution can't explain it", "there's a gap in the theory", "it's really really complex" crap over and over and over again.
The IDiots think that they have won an argument when they can say "you can't explain THIS particular adaptation, can you Mr. Evolutionist?!".

The 'Inside Natures Giants' documentaries don't go into that...
It just talks about evolution and dissects the animals to see how the insides work, no attacking IDiots.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
12-03-2011, 04:36 PM
How did I evolve arms, and muscles to move the arms at the same time?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
12-03-2011, 04:50 PM
(12-03-2011 04:36 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  How did I evolve arms, and muscles to move the arms at the same time?

I've been thinking if there's some mechanism in the womb that automatically makes blood vessels, nerves and muscle grow to an extra part caused by a mutation. But I'm not even that much of a beginner in molecular/cell biology to get how the proteins, that are decoded from the RNA that was decoded out of the DNA, actually cause the stuff they do.

Btw, Norseman, mind if I quote your signature on an other forum?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
12-03-2011, 04:55 PM

Daemonower, if you know other videos like this, feel free to share. I love this kind of stuff.
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I think we need a evolutionary biologist on this forum.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
13-03-2011, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2011 01:06 AM by daemonowner.)
(12-03-2011 07:20 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I think we need a evolutionary biologist on this forum.

...I'm interested in evolutionary biology... Tongue
(12-03-2011 04:55 PM)Cdf50 Wrote:  Daemonower, if you know other videos like this, feel free to share. I love this kind of stuff.

There are a whole lot of Inside natures Giants documentaries on the channel WhyEvolutionIsTrue. Theres dissections of a python, crocodile, giraffe, whale, etc...
I can't think of any good documentaries aside from those on WhyEvolutionIsTrue's channel actually... I think he has over a hundred so far...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
13-03-2011, 01:50 AM

Wow, can't believe the show didn't mention the wood frog of Canada or the Icelandic ground squirrel. Both freeze solid in Winter, but when they thaw, their hearts suddenly start beating and they come back to life.

The trick? Probably something as simple as high blood sugar to prevent ice crystals. And, of course, our own heart muscles start beating spontaneously before the brain even turns them on.
13-03-2011, 11:17 AM
(12-03-2011 03:39 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  The 'Inside Natures Giants' documentaries don't go into that...
It just talks about evolution and dissects the animals to see how the insides work, no attacking IDiots.

I know. I've seen most of the programs. love them. The documentary I was referring to was the one cdf50 (what is that supposed to be short for btw?) mentioned in the first post.

Go ahead Kikko. It is so heavily inspired by "the selfish gene" that I really can't claim to have come up with it myself. The only reason I don't quote Dawkins in my signature is that it is not exactly the way he puts it.

I disagree with the suggestion that we need an evolutionary biologist. I feel that the idea of how small advantageous mutations over time can build up to impressive specialized adaptations is so easy to grasp that any layman should be able to do it.
I can come up with feasible explanations for all the examples given in the start of the thread. I won't however, since it could happen in any number of different ways and it would be luck alone if I happened to stumble upon the correct one.

While I was doing some particularly boring paperwork at work I was listening to a biology playlist on youtube, and I stumbled upon an explanation for the bombardier beetle.
Enjoy.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
13-03-2011, 03:48 PM

I just want to say. I love this forum. It's so nice being able to talk about these things without being called an idiot for accepting evolution as fact. Whenever I bring up amazing organisms such as this, I usually get the response "Goes to show you how amazing God is."

Now, Evolution in general is amazingly simple, but it can be hard to grasp at times. I won't lie, I myself wouldn't have any ideas as to how to explain the evolution of the organisms brought up in the documentary. So if you could, norseman, share some of the ideas you have about how they might have evolved?

Edit: Cdf50 stands for Charles De Farias with a random 50 at the end. That's my name, by the way ;D