Evolution defying animals? EEEEH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: Evolution defying animals? EEEEH
(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Interesting opinion. However, you start off by creating an atmosphere around the "obnoxious" creationist starting with a "corny narration". By using these certain words, you already give the readers a negative image of the creationist, who, in this case, is unofficially representing all creationists. Referring to your comment about the "corny narration", the narrator of the "Earth" also begins with a "corny" narration. Most documentaries start off like this, since it is very difficult to say so otherwise.Another point to bring up is your general opinion of the creationist. By saying the creationist narrator is obnoxious, you allow the readers assume that he (or the writers and researchers) have not done an adequate job in researching each animal.

Another point is that no one was present at the time. Evolution is just a theory, and unlike Laxion's comment, science is filled with as many holes. If you study the bible, you will see that there are no holes. There is no evidence to prove evolution. Atheist scientists find things which they use to support their theories, but they do not draw theories from conclusions. Has anyone seen what has truly happened? No!

You might think that science and Christianity cannot coexist, and that the bible contradicts science because of supernatural events. What proof is there that there cannot be a superior, intellectual being? There is none. As you read this you might also think that I'm ignoring the scientific facts, but that is indeed false. I am simply scratching the surface, which is comments and opinion.

*RING*

Oh, hello, this is bronze age. I am missing Genesis 1:1.
anyone seen this douchebag?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
25-05-2016, 05:36 AM
(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Interesting opinion. However, you start off by creating an atmosphere around the "obnoxious" creationist starting with a "corny narration". By using these certain words, you already give the readers a negative image of the creationist, who, in this case, is unofficially representing all creationists. Referring to your comment about the "corny narration", the narrator of the "Earth" also begins with a "corny" narration. Most documentaries start off like this, since it is very difficult to say so otherwise.Another point to bring up is your general opinion of the creationist. By saying the creationist narrator is obnoxious, you allow the readers assume that he (or the writers and researchers) have not done an adequate job in researching each animal.

Another point is that no one was present at the time. Evolution is just a theory, and unlike Laxion's comment, science is filled with as many holes. If you study the bible, you will see that there are no holes. There is no evidence to prove evolution. Atheist scientists find things which they use to support their theories, but they do not draw theories from conclusions. Has anyone seen what has truly happened? No!

You might think that science and Christianity cannot coexist, and that the bible contradicts science because of supernatural events. What proof is there that there cannot be a superior, intellectual being? There is none. As you read this you might also think that I'm ignoring the scientific facts, but that is indeed false. I am simply scratching the surface, which is comments and opinion.

Genesis 1:1-3

1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Did you know that those three verses fundamentally contradict physics?

Water is the molecule H2O, earth, stone, etc. require atoms to form a crystalline lattice. You need covalent bonds, i.e. electromagnetism (light) to create earth and water.

Genesis gets the order of creation in reverse, you are immediately forced to start reinterpreting the bible to get it to fit science because it so badly screws up in the first three verses.

I think most of us on this forum understand that the game creationist play with interpretation is no different than a used car salesman trying to sell someone a lemon.

The bible is fundamentally in error and it starts in the first few verses.

[Image: f775f8fe0af3f078c5b853098825f984.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
25-05-2016, 05:50 AM
(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Another point is that no one was present at the time. Evolution is just a theory, and unlike Laxion's comment, science is filled with as many holes. If you study the bible, you will see that there are no holes. There is no evidence to prove evolution. Atheist scientists find things which they use to support their theories, but they do not draw theories from conclusions. Has anyone seen what has truly happened? No!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
25-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Yep, drive-by idiot.
25-05-2016, 10:23 AM
(24-05-2016 11:56 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

*RING*

I'm not even going to try to throw pearls at you.

Matthew 7:6
25-05-2016, 10:38 AM
(24-05-2016 07:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Firstly welcome,

Secondly this thread is ancient.

Thirdly you're wrongly assuming that many of us here haven't read the bible.

Popcorn

My apologies for assuming you haven't read the bible. But if creationism is such an ancient thing, then why does it still exist?
25-05-2016, 10:46 AM
(25-05-2016 10:23 AM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 11:56 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  *RING*

Nice try, no sale

25-05-2016, 10:49 AM

No evidence for evolution? Well fuck me, here I thought I was doing research related to the history and evolution of life by using fossils and geochemistry and I guess I've just been studying...umm....what exactly? Consider

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
25-05-2016, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 10:56 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(25-05-2016 10:23 AM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 11:56 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  *RING*

They're not "pearls" if they're misrepresentations of what science actually claims, or ignorance about what we've learned as a species though the application of the Scientific Method. That makes them "turds". Turds is the word you were looking for. Polish them all you want, but they're still turds.

And since we're slinging the Gospel of Matthew around, try chapter 6, verses 5-7.

Edit to Add: You saying "just a theory" shows that you don't understand science even a little bit, as in "Things You Would Learn on Day 1 in a Science Class". If you would genuinely like to know the huge amount of evidence for evolution, the proofs that evolution does happen and continues to happen, I suggest any book ever penned on the subject of genetics. If you won't trust "atheist" scientists, you can read Dr. Kenneth Miller of Brown University, who is Catholic and the author of Finding Darwin's God and Only a Theory (as well as many primary textbooks on biology used in universities today), or Dr. Francis S. Collins of the Human Genome Project, who is an evangelical Christian and author of The Language of God, both of whom are quite adamant about the evidence for evolution and common descent, and why it should not impact your religious belief, but strengthen it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-05-2016, 10:56 AM
(25-05-2016 10:51 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 10:23 AM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  I'm not even going to try to throw pearls at you.

They're not "pearls" if they're misrepresentations of what science actually claims, or ignorance about what we've learned as a species though the application of the Scientific Method. That makes them "turds". Turds is the word you were looking for. Polish them all you want, but they're still turds.

And since we're slinging the Gospel of Matthew around, try chapter 6, verses 5-7.

By stating that "Evolution is just a theory" this idiot removed himself from any rational and educated discussion. You simply cant get any more ignorant than that. Even a simple google search would have shown him why he is such a moron making such claims. No need to even consider the rest of his in(s)ane babble.
So, this was just about as much attention as he deserved with his idiocy.

[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post