Evolution defying animals? EEEEH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: Evolution defying animals? EEEEH
(25-05-2016 10:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No evidence for evolution? Well fuck me, here I thought I was doing research related to the history and evolution of life by using fossils and geochemistry and I guess I've just been studying...umm....what exactly? Consider

Honestly, that's what pisses me off when they assert that. I have only a BSc in biology, and a semester of graduate school, and I can still remember the stress of trying to learn the massive volumes of evidence we have for this theory.

Looks like your PhD is going to be a waste of a lot of effort, there, Bearded... any True Believer™ can take one look at Genesis and tell you that eight years of your life were wasted in intense and dedicated study of something that just ain't so. Hehe.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-05-2016, 11:04 AM
(25-05-2016 10:38 AM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  My apologies for assuming you haven't read the bible. But if creationism is such an ancient thing, then why does it still exist?

Oh, age is the key, eh?

The Egyptian Pantheon started around 3400 BCE, or 5400 years ago.
The Hindu religion started around 4000 BCE, or 6000 years ago.
Sumerian Religion flourished around 3400 BCE or 5400 years ago.

The Jewish Torah can be traced to 3000 BCE or 5000 years ago.
Christianity 2000 years.

Which do you plan on converting to?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
25-05-2016, 11:07 AM
(25-05-2016 11:02 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 10:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No evidence for evolution? Well fuck me, here I thought I was doing research related to the history and evolution of life by using fossils and geochemistry and I guess I've just been studying...umm....what exactly? Consider

Honestly, that's what pisses me off when they assert that. I have only a BSc in biology, and a semester of graduate school, and I can still remember the stress of trying to learn the massive volumes of evidence we have for this theory.

Looks like your PhD is going to be a waste of a lot of effort, there, Bearded... any True Believer™ can take one look at Genesis and tell you that eight years of your life were wasted in intense and dedicated study of something that just ain't so. Hehe.

They don't really piss me off anymore when they stupid shit like that. They make me feel sad for them that they have such a closed-minded view of the world. But the sadness dissipates pretty quick when they arrogantly wave away all of science because of their religion-fueled ignorance.

I'm more apathetic now Drinking Beverage

If they want to believe that the Earth is <10,000 years old and that all of life was made by a god and all humans descended from the incestuous relationship between Eve and her sons and that snakes and donkeys can talk, then have at it. I'm not going to respect it and I am going to point out how it isn't comparable to reality and science and I'll fight to keep the religious brainwashing out of science classrooms. But these ignorant folk don't piss me off anymore. They are just brainwashed little sheep who are blatting on and on about the same nuttery they've had preached to them.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 6 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
25-05-2016, 12:29 PM
[/quote]

Oh, age is the key, eh?

Christianity 2000 years.

[/quote]

Ahhh.... Just threw pearls at you, sorry. It's a story from Acts 5, but never mind. And age is not key, it was a comment. My point was SUPPOSED to be that Creationism has advanced, not changed (because God is unchanging and therefore his word as well). No more pearls
25-05-2016, 12:31 PM

Oh, age is the key, eh?

Christianity 2000 years.

[/quote]

Ahhh.... Just threw pearls at you, sorry. It's a story from Acts 5, but never mind. And age is not key, it was a comment. My point was SUPPOSED to be that Creationism has advanced, not changed (because God is unchanging and therefore his word as well). No more pearls
[/quote]

Silly old quote bubble thing... Whoops!
25-05-2016, 12:54 PM
(25-05-2016 10:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 10:51 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  They're not "pearls" if they're misrepresentations of what science actually claims, or ignorance about what we've learned as a species though the application of the Scientific Method. That makes them "turds". Turds is the word you were looking for. Polish them all you want, but they're still turds.

And since we're slinging the Gospel of Matthew around, try chapter 6, verses 5-7.

By stating that "Evolution is just a theory" this idiot removed himself from any rational and educated discussion. You simply cant get any more ignorant than that. Even a simple google search would have shown him why he is such a moron making such claims. No need to even consider the rest of his in(s)ane babble.
So, this was just about as much attention as he deserved with his idiocy.

no pearls
25-05-2016, 01:02 PM
(24-05-2016 07:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Interesting opinion. However, you start off by creating an atmosphere around the "obnoxious" creationist starting with a "corny narration". By using these certain words, you already give the readers a negative image of the creationist, who, in this case, is unofficially representing all creationists. Referring to your comment about the "corny narration", the narrator of the "Earth" also begins with a "corny" narration. Most documentaries start off like this, since it is very difficult to say so otherwise.Another point to bring up is your general opinion of the creationist. By saying the creationist narrator is obnoxious, you allow the readers assume that he (or the writers and researchers) have not done an adequate job in researching each animal.

Another point is that no one was present at the time. Evolution is just a theory, and unlike Laxion's comment, science is filled with as many holes. If you study the bible, you will see that there are no holes. There is no evidence to prove evolution. Atheist scientists find things which they use to support their theories, but they do not draw theories from conclusions. Has anyone seen what has truly happened? No!

You might think that science and Christianity cannot coexist, and that the bible contradicts science because of supernatural events. What proof is there that there cannot be a superior, intellectual being? There is none. As you read this you might also think that I'm ignoring the scientific facts, but that is indeed false. I am simply scratching the surface, which is comments and opinion.

Firstly welcome,

Secondly this thread is ancient.

Thirdly you're wrongly assuming that many of us here haven't read the bible.

Popcorn
Sorry for the assumption
25-05-2016, 01:03 PM
(25-05-2016 12:54 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  no pearls

So are you going to answer the questions I asked earlier or just continue jabbering about mollusk secretions?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
25-05-2016, 01:08 PM
(25-05-2016 12:54 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 10:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  By stating that "Evolution is just a theory" this idiot removed himself from any rational and educated discussion. You simply cant get any more ignorant than that. Even a simple google search would have shown him why he is such a moron making such claims. No need to even consider the rest of his in(s)ane babble.
So, this was just about as much attention as he deserved with his idiocy.

no pearls

No pearls, no shit. You have a lot of the second, none of the first.
No one is converting to anything.
The Torah was assembled in about 650 BC. (See Dr. Richard Elliott Friedmann "Who Wrote The Bible") But thanks for proving you HAVE NOT ONE clue about the Bible.
There was no Adam, no Eve. No Flood. No Abraham, no Exodus. Most of Hebrew history (in the Bible) was invented by warring and squabbling priests.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-05-2016, 01:09 PM
At work.

First, hello to Genisis 1:1. Perhapse you'd like to start your own thread some where?

Second... I thought pearls were more solid oyster vomit? Consider

Or.... would something along the lines of 'Solid adscess leavings'? Consider