Evolution defying animals? EEEEH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Evolution defying animals? EEEEH
To everyone who has responded to this post,

I would like to start off by apologizing for my ignorance of atheism. I have only viewed atheism from a Christian perspective and therefore, have not seen both sides of the story. I would also like to apologize for not including any scientific facts. To be honest, I was just to lazy to add links and evidence. Thirdly, I would like to apologize for the assumption that many of you have not already read and researched the bible.

"Science answers everything and anything, but that does not mean all its answers are true"

Many of you have posted things that no one had any record of events that happened in the bible. However, the people who wrote the bible were either present at the time, or wrote it for someone present at the time (handed down by that person). Well then, how do we know that the facts of the bible were not changed through translations There are a lot of copies of the bible, like hundreds. Anyway, I decided to add a link this time, and from a non-christian's perspective.

http://irr.org/todays-bible-real-bible

Secondly, many of you have stated how the bible's supernatural events go against science. Like guys, seriously, I believe that someone was raised from the dead after fighting the devil himself for three days. From a creationist perspective, the intellectual designer intervenes with humanity in supernatural ways. Extra little Christianity note : Matthew 12:38-45

http://www.bethinking.org/does-science-d...t-religion
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Scientific_..._in_Origin

Another point, I've read a lot is that the bible contradicts itself. This is completely untrue. What is true however, is that many parts the bible SEEM to contradict itself. Instead of wasting anymore of my time trying to convince you to see my point. I've added some lnks below for those who are interested.

http://www.unvsil.com/contradicts.htm
https://answersingenesis.org/contradicti...the-bible/
http://listverse.com/2013/03/20/10-bible...hat-arent/

Not trying to convert anyone here, unlike a lot of you guys think. Just thought it would be good practice for a debate for my class. It's very amusing to see you guys fight with a grade 7 girl. Thank you everyone for giving me some good arguments!

Anyway God Bless,
Genesis 1:1

And just for fun...

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v5i10f.htm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2016, 01:28 PM
(25-05-2016 12:54 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 10:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  By stating that "Evolution is just a theory" this idiot removed himself from any rational and educated discussion. You simply cant get any more ignorant than that. Even a simple google search would have shown him why he is such a moron making such claims. No need to even consider the rest of his in(s)ane babble.
So, this was just about as much attention as he deserved with his idiocy.

no pearls

Calcium carbonate? Who cares?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
25-05-2016, 01:34 PM
At work.

Only looked at a couple links...

Laugh out load

Oh the fun we'll have! Thumbsup

To other forum members/regulars...... can we keep this one? Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
25-05-2016, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 02:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Jesus H. Christ. The ummm, dude actually has the gall to link intelligent people to Answers in Genesis ! Facepalm

He also said he was distributing no pearls, then does (what he thinks) is exactly that. Liar much ? He is able to refute NONE of the points in Coyne, Szostack, or the other videos. that were posted. He is suffering from the usual psychological disorder many of our fly-by-night-theist preachers are afflicted with : http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

IF he has ANY refutations, IN DETAIL to refute anything, I might take him on, IF there is anything other that the usual tripe we see and hear, every day.
GWOG does a better job with these nuts than I do.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rce-thread

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-05-2016, 02:33 PM
(25-05-2016 10:23 AM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Matthew 7:6

Bob 4:2.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Wow resing a thread from 2011! Were we ever so young?

(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Interesting opinion. However, you start off by creating an atmosphere around the "obnoxious" creationist starting with a "corny narration". By using these certain words, you already give the readers a negative image of the creationist, who, in this case, is unofficially representing all creationists. Referring to your comment about the "corny narration", the narrator of the "Earth" also begins with a "corny" narration. Most documentaries start off like this, since it is very difficult to say so otherwise.Another point to bring up is your general opinion of the creationist. By saying the creationist narrator is obnoxious, you allow the readers assume that he (or the writers and researchers) have not done an adequate job in researching each animal.

What an obnoxious comment.

(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Another point is that no one was present at the time. Evolution is just a theory,...

Welp got us there.

Just like Graviational theory (Gravity) Quantum theory (Behavior of eneryg), Heliocentrism Theory ( Earth revolving around the sun) The Therory of General Relativity (E=MC2)

Your confusing the slang Theory with Scientific Theory. A theory is science one of if not the highest level a idea can achieve. It's a well substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that has been repeatedly test and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

What you would like to say is it's a hypothesis.

a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  and unlike Laxion's comment, science is filled with as many holes. If you study the bible, you will see that there are no holes.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Oh, spoken like a person that never read or studied the bible.

(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  There is no evidence to prove evolution.

Now who hasn't done any reading?

We have lots of evidence. Name something that you don't think has been found and i'll show it to you.

Sedimentary rock layers that show transitional species, DNA, fossil records, lab experiments the list goes on and on.

And all creation "science" has to do is prove one of them to be false. And science will turn itself on it head and rethink everything.

But it hasn't happened.

(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Atheist scientists find things which they use to support their theories, but they do not draw theories from conclusions. Has anyone seen what has truly happened?

Yes. I have.

And you have too. Hell! you might even own one.

[Image: breed-info-dogs-hero]

Every breed of dog that exist is due to human breeding. Each breed has diffrent trates some are faster some are better smellers,

and everyone of them are desendents of ...

[Image: Pack_Howl_and_Rally_on_the_Hollo_Log.jpg]

Wolves.

(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  No!

[Image: nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif]

(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  What proof is there that there cannot be a superior, intellectual being? There is none.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

[Image: 582337.gif]

We also don't have any proof that the can be a superior, intellectual being. So we would have also accepted ether as the answer. The key is there is no proof.

(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  As you read this you might also think that I'm ignoring the scientific facts, but that is indeed false. I am simply scratching the surface, which is comments and opinion.

[Image: tumblr_o3h2sfO2wE1uagw65o1_400.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
25-05-2016, 03:54 PM
(25-05-2016 12:29 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  No more pearls

Good. Quit posting.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
25-05-2016, 04:00 PM
(24-05-2016 06:56 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  I am simply scratching the surface, ...

I'm just looking for someone to scratch my ass and bottle my farts.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-05-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm not going to try to be all formal, science-y now. I'm really sorry about the" no pearl"s thing but it seemed like a really good idea to rile y'all up. For my debate, the atheist side will most likely bring up natural selection. Could someone post a link about it? It's really hard to find something like that in a Christian school. And thank you Bucky Ball for the offer. Although I'm pretty bad at defending, I really need to do well for this debate. Thank you everyone for showing me what the debate will b like!
25-05-2016, 04:22 PM
(25-05-2016 04:19 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  I'm not going to try to be all formal, science-y now. I'm really sorry about the" no pearl"s thing but it seemed like a really good idea to rile y'all up. For my debate, the atheist side will most likely bring up natural selection. Could someone post a link about it? It's really hard to find something like that in a Christian school. And thank you Bucky Ball for the offer. Although I'm pretty bad at defending, I really need to do well for this debate. Thank you everyone for showing me what the debate will b like!