Evolution defying animals? EEEEH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: Evolution defying animals? EEEEH
(27-05-2016 01:59 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 01:04 PM)pablo Wrote:  If your god longs for a relationship with you, why is it so mean to you?
When your prayers work the way you want you give your god credit, when they don't you give your god credit. How can you tell if these are not just random occurrences?

How can you tell they're not? God is not "mean". He allows hardships because He loves us. For example, God created the tree of good and evil so that Adam and Eve had a choice.

I have no reason to believe a mythical being grants wishes.
Hardships and eternal damnation because it loves you? That's a steaming pile.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
27-05-2016, 02:13 PM
(27-05-2016 01:59 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 01:04 PM)pablo Wrote:  If your god longs for a relationship with you, why is it so mean to you?
When your prayers work the way you want you give your god credit, when they don't you give your god credit. How can you tell if these are not just random occurrences?

How can you tell they're not? God is not "mean". He allows hardships because He loves us. For example, God created the tree of good and evil so that Adam and Eve had a choice.

You're right. God isn't mean. God wants a relationship with us so badly that when we turn him down he condems us to an eternity of torment. That isn't simply mean. We don't have a word for that and our species has produced some fairly impressive genocidal lunatics.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
27-05-2016, 02:56 PM
What the...?

I spend almost half an hour, combined, of my valuable time typing out thoughtful (and, I hope, helpful) responses to the "I'm debating evolution" query, from a former debater's point of view, and she answers everyone but me?

*tap tap tap* Is this thing on?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-05-2016, 03:00 PM
(27-05-2016 12:54 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Because God longs for a relationship with us

Doesnt quite sound like a perfect being if he longs for something.
Why does he need to long for someting anyhow if he is omniscient?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
27-05-2016, 03:20 PM
(27-05-2016 02:56 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  What the...?

I spend almost half an hour, combined, of my valuable time typing out thoughtful (and, I hope, helpful) responses to the "I'm debating evolution" query, from a former debater's point of view, and she answers everyone but me?

I'd take it as a compliment that she was apparently incapable of replying to your post with a pithy one-liner.

She also didn't Take the Hint and start a new thread over in the Creationism section rather than continuing to necropost a thread half a decade old.

[Image: Necro2.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
27-05-2016, 04:37 PM
(27-05-2016 12:54 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  Then why pray?

Because God longs for a relationship with us, and we build that relationship through communication. God answers all prayers, not necessarily in the way we want or expect, but He always answers them.

God Bless,
Genesis 1:1

So does the jug of milk.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-05-2016, 04:46 PM
(27-05-2016 02:56 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  What the...?

I haven't been responded to either. Don't feel bad, brocephus. Thumbsup

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
27-05-2016, 07:29 PM
(27-05-2016 04:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 12:54 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  Because God longs for a relationship with us, and we build that relationship through communication. God answers all prayers, not necessarily in the way we want or expect, but He always answers them.

God Bless,
Genesis 1:1

So does the jug of milk.

And the jug of milk can provide useful vitamins and is real

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
27-05-2016, 08:52 PM
(27-05-2016 02:13 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 01:59 PM)Genesis 1:1 Wrote:  How can you tell they're not? God is not "mean". He allows hardships because He loves us. For example, God created the tree of good and evil so that Adam and Eve had a choice.

You're right. God isn't mean. God wants a relationship with us so badly that when we turn him down he condems us to an eternity of torment. That isn't simply mean. We don't have a word for that and our species has produced some fairly impressive genocidal lunatics.

We do indeed have a word for it: "codependant". It denotes an unhealthy relationship where one party attempts to exert control of the other party's emotions through either emotional or material blackmail.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post