Evolution is NOT cosmology! (facepalm moment)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Evolution is NOT cosmology! (facepalm moment)
Have any of you ever encountered a theist claim that the evolutionary claim explains some sort of cosmological event? I had one of them tell me that evolution was a legitimate formula of the workings of the universe. (Evolution is a BIOLOGICAL mechanism!) Anyways, after I questioned his reasoning behind his claim, he told me to check out this video!

Ohmy

The opening statements of the narrator and the interview with "Dr." Humphreys say it all.

*FACEPALM*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: Evolution is NOT cosmology! (facepalm moment)
So basically, this well educated guy just stopped learning.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-08-2012, 12:11 PM
I am just going to go ahead and slink away, as if this never happened, so I can preserve my positive view on humanity's intellectual capacity.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
16-08-2012, 07:59 PM
(16-08-2012 12:11 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am just going to go ahead and slink away, as if this never happened, so I can preserve my positive view on humanity's intellectual capacity.

Sadly, it is too late for me. I have lived/worked in 6 countries (including 5 yrs in the Bible Belt...yee haw!) and the one thing I have learned, is that stupidity is universal.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2012, 05:03 AM
(16-08-2012 07:59 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  
(16-08-2012 12:11 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am just going to go ahead and slink away, as if this never happened, so I can preserve my positive view on humanity's intellectual capacity.

Sadly, it is too late for me. I have lived/worked in 6 countries (including 5 yrs in the Bible Belt...yee haw!) and the one thing I have learned, is that stupidity is universal.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein

Einstein

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
17-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Keywords that you know you're talking to someone who hasn't studied any of the evidence, or is just making leaps from subject to subject.

"Oh, big bang theory? You must be one of those evolutionists."
"Oh, evolution? we didn't come from no monkeys, i bet you durn believe in that there big bang thing too. It's just a theory."
"The problem with the evolutionism world view..."

I am not sure where these people get that evolution is a "world view" or that it is a specific belief with a doctrine... but once they start spouting that off, it's usually time for me to shake my head and go the other way. Because you may as well be talking to a....

[Image: 448px-Brick_wall_old.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post