Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(20-08-2015 10:12 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 10:03 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  No I am a rational scientist and biologist trying to make clear that evolution is a religion.

No.. no you are not. Any more than I am an architect.

(20-08-2015 10:03 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  If you have any rational scientists that can show how evolution is not a religion, do have them step forward instead of backwards into hiding.

They have been and you have been ignoring them and their posts and their links.

(20-08-2015 10:03 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Their only response so far is that evolution is the best theory to date and they suggest we await further evidence or one shred of evidence to support evolution.

This is a partial fib. You've seen the links. You have simply either not gone and read them... or can not understand what it is that you have read on said links.

(20-08-2015 10:03 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  I say design proves the DESIGNER, as nothing happens by accident and luck and chance can hardly be credited with the world we have.

Okay... yes, in a way 'Design' proves a 'Designer'. Now, however, you have to show that;

A) There is 'Design'.

B) Stop using 'Luck' and 'chance' in the manner in which you are since it has been explained to you why your terms are INCORRECT!

C) Use the SPELL-CHECKER. I know I can't spell and use it all the time. Don't be ashamed!

I repeat beneficial mutations are non existant and an illusion. Therefore saying natural selection selects nice suddenly beneficial mutations that somehow become beneficial and viable all in oine fell swoop is also imaginery. Beneficial mutations are not stored until they become beneficial, thats word twisting and literary fiction. Non functioning systems do not exist and do not lie dormat waiting for the right billion years to expose themselves.

Benficial mutations or luck and chance mutations do not exist and never have. Its make believe.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2015, 11:01 PM
David - Did you actually read any of what I wrote? You ask for a scientist to talk to, then you ignore what he says!

You can make that claim about "beneficial mutations" not existing, but they do. We see them everywhere. We have a thread on here recently about the discovery of the first pre-human ancestors who had straight fingers, which helped us adapt (be better-suited) to a non-tree environment.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-08-2015, 11:05 PM
(20-08-2015 10:58 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 10:12 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  No.. no you are not. Any more than I am an architect.

They have been and you have been ignoring them and their posts and their links.

This is a partial fib. You've seen the links. You have simply either not gone and read them... or can not understand what it is that you have read on said links.

Okay... yes, in a way 'Design' proves a 'Designer'. Now, however, you have to show that;

A) There is 'Design'.

B) Stop using 'Luck' and 'chance' in the manner in which you are since it has been explained to you why your terms are INCORRECT!

C) Use the SPELL-CHECKER. I know I can't spell and use it all the time. Don't be ashamed!

I repeat beneficial mutations are non existant and an illusion. Therefore saying natural selection selects nice suddenly beneficial mutations that somehow become beneficial and viable all in oine fell swoop is also imaginery. Beneficial mutations are not stored until they become beneficial, thats word twisting and literary fiction. Non functioning systems do not exist and do not lie dormat waiting for the right billion years to expose themselves.

Benficial mutations or luck and chance mutations do not exist and never have. Its make believe.

Well, that's just disingenuous as all fuck.

Polar bears are white because of a genetic mutation. It certainly benefited them.

Shoo fly (keep making bullshit threads and I'll help you find the door).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-08-2015, 11:08 PM
"Beneficial mutations" are anything that helps an organism out-perform its competitors in the quest for food and mates and safety. They absolutely do exist. If they didn't exist, the first species of single-celled organism would have degenerated to the point of non-viability and *we* wouldn't be here talking about it.

Whenever a strain of virus evolves into an antibiotic-resistant strain (e.g. MRSA), that's definitely beneficial for the virus.

Oh, and I have actually seen evidence for evolution with My own eyes. My brother is involved in cancer research, and I've looked at one of his cell cultures and seen it diverge into 2 distinct lines.

Your alleged god, however, appears to be no more than a storybook character -- And a poorly-written one, at that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
20-08-2015, 11:08 PM
(20-08-2015 11:01 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  David - Did you actually read any of what I wrote? You ask for a scientist to talk to, then you ignore what he says!

You can make that claim about "beneficial mutations" not existing, but they do. We see them everywhere. We have a thread on here recently about the discovery of the first pre-human ancestors who had straight fingers, which helped us adapt (be better-suited) to a non-tree environment.

You talked about copies of the original as if it could produce magic mutations or latent mutation benefits etc.... I responded in kind saying that cancerious cells do not read the original code properly and so when multiplying destory the whole organism.

Thats what cancer is, thats what mutations from the original do.... they are harmful and destroy as does cancer.
20-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Then read it again. I said that MOST mutations are harmful, but many are neutral and some are beneficial.

For you to say it's just cancer is to completely ignore what I said.

Most does not mean all. Most people in the USA are Caucasian; that does not mean we have no minorities!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-08-2015, 11:11 PM
(20-08-2015 11:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 10:58 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  I repeat beneficial mutations are non existant and an illusion. Therefore saying natural selection selects nice suddenly beneficial mutations that somehow become beneficial and viable all in oine fell swoop is also imaginery. Beneficial mutations are not stored until they become beneficial, thats word twisting and literary fiction. Non functioning systems do not exist and do not lie dormat waiting for the right billion years to expose themselves.

Well, that's just disingenuous as all fuck.

Polar bears are white because of a genetic mutation. It certainly benefited them.

Shoo fly (keep making bullshit threads and I'll help you find the door).

Nah, the good Lord created them and gave them very special traits. They are not mere bears, but have special qualities and traits and instincts..... given at creation.

But if you know they are just a color difference, then so be it... but you do know white is a combination of all colors, or should we say white is a reflection of all the color spectrum.

Color is just a variation, albino species are usually exactly like the normal color of that species.... just as with humans. Albinos are just people... they are mutated into a new race.
20-08-2015, 11:14 PM
(20-08-2015 11:08 PM)Astreja Wrote:  "Beneficial mutations" are anything that helps an organism out-perform its competitors in the quest for food and mates and safety. They absolutely do exist. If they didn't exist, the first species of single-celled organism would have degenerated to the point of non-viability and *we* wouldn't be here talking about it.

Whenever a strain of virus evolves into an antibiotic-resistant strain (e.g. MRSA), that's definitely beneficial for the virus.

Oh, and I have actually seen evidence for evolution with My own eyes. My brother is involved in cancer research, and I've looked at one of his cell cultures and seen it diverge into 2 distinct lines.

Your alleged god, however, appears to be no more than a storybook character -- And a poorly-written one, at that.

Sorry to correct you on that one, but MRSA is not a virus. The SA in MRSA stands for Staphylococcus aurelius, a bacterium. I know what you were trying to say, and you're right. Viruses are an even better example, though. Because they have less-complex systems, they have a higher chance of mutating successfully without causing problems in their selection; HIV research has clearly mapped out the evolutionary pathways that the virus can take to "get around" the meds which attack the proteins it uses to reproduce itself. If evolution were not true, it would be a huge boon to medical science, in terms of successfully curing people!

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-08-2015, 11:15 PM
(20-08-2015 10:58 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  I repeat beneficial mutations are non existant and an illusion.

Nylonase. Look it up.
20-08-2015, 11:16 PM
(20-08-2015 11:08 PM)Astreja Wrote:  "Beneficial mutations" are anything that helps an organism out-perform its competitors in the quest for food and mates and safety. They absolutely do exist. If they didn't exist, the first species of single-celled organism would have degenerated to the point of non-viability and *we* wouldn't be here talking about it.

Yes, cancer spreads and makes new cancers because it is out of control and doesn't read right. At this point I shant say the obvious about some responders, who also have trouble reading right.

And no offense, but cancer research and cancer funding is a money maker, and they do not want to eliminate cancer, and are not going to eliminate all the cancer causing materials that man has invented.

Again no magical beneficials mutations have ever made a species better. Its a pipe dream, that believers are just suppose to believe.

Cell walls didn't just pop up, mitochrondrial power cells didn;t just happen to be enclosed in the proper strengths to charge these cells, etc etc..... magic isn't scientific it is religious