Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2015, 07:16 AM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(21-08-2015 05:59 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 07:08 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  EXACTLY ANJELE, so you do have a heart and consideration for others... See you can have class and civility.

Name calling and demeaning downs people is truly low class and dis-respectful. And the poster that wrote such a name to me, should be blasted for such word bashing.

Downs people can be very friendly and loving........ they might be simple but then again simplicity can sometimes enable them to speak simple concise truths.

Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained truth.

I discern people by their coments and words as Jesus said to, Yes I commented and agreed with her, when her companions in evolution went way too FAR in trying to slander me and in so doing slandered the downs people.

I agree with people when they show civility and love, even if in other areas they may be way off.

At least a few times Anjele, tried to show some class, unfortunately she falls back into mayhem and the mob... but such is group intimidation

And that poster was also a christian. . .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2015, 07:17 AM
(21-08-2015 05:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, proofs such as spinabifida, Down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, Huntrington's disease,
sickle cell anemia, hemophilia, malaria, diabetes, septicemia, rabies, anthrax, Ebola,
smallpox, polio, bubonic plague, tularemia, Dengue fever, leishmaniasis, brucellosis,
hepatitis, and such? Consider

But don't you know that Original Sin fundamentally alters DNA, by design? We live in a "fallen world", and since it was the sin and and not the design itself that caused it*, none of those things you said count. Unless they're being used to punish someone wicked, in which case they totally count. But not always.

* Yes, I've actually been told this.
21-08-2015, 07:52 AM
Davidjayjordan,

You and I got off on the wrong foot, but that was because a brand new forum member posting a wall of pasted text into a forum thread is largely regarded as an act of trolling. Through your persistence, I’m starting to feel convinced that you really believe that you have solved the mysteries of the universe in your spare time. I’m not going to go to your website, but it sounds like you have poured a lot of time into this project.

-By the way, I’m assuming that you’re a Christian because your arguments have a lot of Christian elements. And with respect to my cousin religion, Christianity produces a lot of people who sound a lot like you.-

IF you were actually a math and science genius with rock-solid evidence of a creator, you would probably feel very confident in your work, and you would have written a lengthy paper and submitted it for peer review. That’s exactly what Professor Eliyahu Rips and Doron Witzum did in the early 1980’s when they found codes in the bible. They did this because they wanted their arguments torn apart, and they wanted to see if they were actually on to something or if they had let their religious objectivity get in the way of their research. I happen to respect their approach immensely.

I am not going to go to your website and look up any of your research because your personal website doesn't make the grade in my opinion for academic research. If you have a peer reviewed paper in some widely accepted mathematical or science journal, or if your work is published on a reliable .edu, then please DO link us. I’m sure we’d all be very interested to see your legitimate research which has either undergone or is currently being reviewed by actual mathematicians and scientists whose credentials we can verify.

I look forward to seeing this information.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
21-08-2015, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2015 07:59 AM by Free.)
(20-08-2015 10:03 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 09:43 PM)Free Wrote:  You need to go back to your safe little haven and preach to the choir. You have absolutely 0% chance of any success on this forum. Every last argument you make for intelligent design can be easily countered with far stronger evidence to the contrary.

You have absolutely no idea how much your intelligence quotient is out-stripped by just the average I.Q. of the collective members of this forum, let alone by our individual scientists, programmers, doctors, historians, and other highly gifted professionals.

You are a theist trying to spread your religion in an atheist community. Do you have any idea what that tells us about your level of intelligence?

Keep that in mind.

Drinking Beverage

No I am a rational scientist and biologist trying to make clear that evolution is a religion.

No, you are not rational. You are an irrational, intellectually dishonest, bible thumping theist with an agenda to promote lies against the scientific community in an effort to deceive both yourself and anyone who listens to you.

Quote:If you have any rational scientists that can show how evolution is not a religion, do have them step forward instead of backwards into hiding.

According to your set of beliefs, a religion can be determined as being anything that requires any degree of belief. That may be true in all things that promote a hypothesis or a theory, but not things that are factual.

But what is the difference between your religion and evolution?

The difference is obvious:

Your beliefs dictate the existence of a supernatural deity as being responsible for existence. You take the existence of this deity completely on faith, as you cannot provide any direct evidence of its existence. The fact that we, and all things exist, and the complexity of genetics et al does not in any way provide a direct link whatsoever to a supreme deity.

For you to believe it does, you have a missing link- the line that goes from your interpretation of the evidence to the supreme deity. That line does not exist, and since it does not exist, any claim of the existence of any supreme deity is demonstrated to be without evidence, false, and intellectually dishonest to hold.

If, as you claim, you are "rational," you would recognize your claim of intelligent design to be lacking the required evidence needed to fortify the position, let alone confirm it. Since you do not have that evidence, and since you refuse to acknowledge that you do not have that evidence, you are rightfully determined to be irrational and intellectually dishonest.

You sir, being a man of some supposed god, are outright lying.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
21-08-2015, 08:12 AM
I will just set this here, a crumb of information for you while you single-handedly solve the universe's biggest questions.

Whales happen to have an excellent fossil record, courtesy of their aquatic habits and early fossilized bones. How they evolved has emerged within only the last 20 years. This is one of our best examples of an evolutionary transition, since we have a chronologically ordered series of fossils, perhaps a lineage of ancestors and descendents, showing their movement from land to water.

Whales like their relatives, the Dolphins and porpoises, are mammals. They are warm blooded, produce live young who may feed with milk, and have hair around their blowholes. Evidence from whale DNA, as well as vestigial traits like their rudimentary pelvis in hind legs, show that their ancestors lived on land. Whales almost certainly evolved from a series of the artiodactyls: the group of mammals that have an even number of toes, such as camels and pigs. Biologists now believe that the closest living relative of Whales is the hippopotamus. But whales have their own unique features that set them apart from their terrestrial relatives. These include the absence of rear legs, front limbs that are shaped like paddles, a flattened fluke-like tail, and blowhole, a short neck, simple conical teeth, special features of the ear that allow them to hear underwater, and robust projections on top of the vertebrae to anchor the strong swimming muscles of the tail. Thanks to an amazing series of fossils found in the Middle East, we can trace the evolution of each of these traits, except for the bonus tail which doesn’t fossilized, from a terrestrial to an aquatic form.

The sequence begins with a recently discovered fossil of a close relative of whales, a raccoon sized animal called Indohyus. Letting 48 million years ago it was an artiodactyl. It is closely related to whales because it has special features of the years in teeth seen only in modern whales and their aquatic ancestors. Although Indohyus appears slightly later than the largely aquatic ancestors of Whales, it is probably very close to the what the whale ancestor looked like. And it was at least partially aquatic.

We know this because it’s bones were denser than those of fully terrestrial mammals, which kept the creature from bobbing about in the water, and because the isotopes extracted from its teeth show that it absorbed a lot of oxygen from water. It probably waded in shallow streams or lakes to graze on vegetation. While Indohyus was not the ancestor of whales, it was most certainly its cousin. If we go back 4 million more years, to 52 million years ago, we see what might well be at ancestor. It is a fossil skull from a wolf sized creature called Pakicetus, which is a bit more will like than Indohyus, having simpler teeth and whale like ears.

Pakicetus still look nothing like a modern whale, surgery had been around to see it, you wouldn’t have guessed it or its close relatives would give rise to a dramatic evolutionary radiation.

Then follows in rapid order, a series of fossils that become more and more aquatic with time. At 50 million years ago there is the remarkable Ambulocetus (walking whale), with an elongated skull and reduced but still robust limbs, limbs that still ended in hooves that reveal its ancestry. And probably spent most of his time in shallow water, and would have waddled awkwardly on land much like a seal.

Rodhocetus (47 million years ago) is even more aquatic. Its nostrils have moved somewhat backward, and has a more elongated skull. With stout extensions on the backbone to Anchor its tail muscles, it must have been a good swimmer, but was handicapped on land by small pelvis and hind limbs. Finally at 40 million years ago, we find the fossils Basilosarus and Dorundon… Clearly fully aquatic mammals, with short necks and blowhole. School. They could not spent any time on land, for their pelvis and hind limbs were reduced and were unconnected to the rest of Skeleton.
So as you see, to the uneducated the posit that whales came from mammals may seem ridiculous, but knowledge and close examination of the transitional fossil record shows otherwise. (Coyne 2009, pp48-51)

Reference:
Coyne, J. (2009) Why evolution is true. London. Penguin books limited

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
21-08-2015, 08:43 AM
I sent this conversation to my former field-team partner (at the Kansas Dep't of Health & Environment), who is now working as an English-speaking-class professor at a university in South Korea (this is a thing in SK, because they want their students to be fluent in English), and we're having a hilarious time dissecting it via Facebook Messager.

He was particularly amused by MockingJay's assertion that we just need to get out and experience the world more, since he and I spent literally thousands of hours together, crawling around in creek beds and diving in rivers, doing exactly that as part of our research on the evolution of species in Kansas's aquatic biomes. A great quote from him: "Those are some harrowing experiences Trixie has had. What more experience could we have had out there? Maybe if biologists stopped and made out in between survey sites, we'd meet his standard for experiences?" (corrected for a bit of punctuation and capitalization... Trixie is the name of MockingJay's wife, according to his website, which my colleague was laughingly perusing).

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
21-08-2015, 08:50 AM
(21-08-2015 01:38 AM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 05:10 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I think that your opinion has been debunked so many time by so many person from all kinds of discipline and level of expertise that addressing it again would be precious time lost. I think you live in hole for presenting it again.

Even though evolutionists refuse to learn math, allow me to state their basic equation.....

0 + 0 = 0

..........even if they add more zeros, its still zero, even if they wait a million billion years their equation remains the same 0.

Even if they multiply by 0 it remains zero and nothingness.

Or if they divide by 0, its still 0

Therefore you can always trust evolution to be zero, no matter how much zero evidence is added, subtracted, multiplied or divided into their zero and nothingness.

It is what it is 0....

First of all, your choice in analogy of evolution to the number 0 is both arbitrary and fails in application, for much the same reason that using basic arithmetic when adding piles of sand together is a bad choice. (Add one pile of sand to one more pile of sand and you get one pile of sand. 1+1 = 1.) This is because you do not understand math, do not understand numbers, and do not understand when the tool is applicable and when it isn't.

Second?

(21-08-2015 01:38 AM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Or if they divide by 0, its still 0

You deliberately divided by 0. Not in some clever calculus limit-utilizing manner. No, using only basic arithmetic (which, along with some high school geometry and MAYBE trig, seems to be the only math you know), you intentionally divided by 0. Not for irony, not for lulz, not to be a rebel. You divided by 0 because you thought it was legit. You fail math forever.

(21-08-2015 02:08 AM)pablo Wrote:  Has he mathematically proven intelligent design yet?
(I'm lazy tonight, and didnt think I could muscle through all the bullshit.)

Closer to disproving it by ironic personal example.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
21-08-2015, 09:07 AM
So, David Jay whatever, you're still content to just ignore anybody who actually links you to evidence of evolution? Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Esquilax's post
21-08-2015, 09:07 AM
(21-08-2015 08:50 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 01:38 AM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Or if they divide by 0, its still 0

You deliberately divided by 0. Not in some clever calculus limit-utilizing manner. No, using only basic arithmetic (which, along with some high school geometry and MAYBE trig, seems to be the only math you know), you intentionally divided by 0. Not for irony, not for lulz, not to be a rebel. You divided by 0 because you thought it was legit. You fail math forever.

See what happens when you ask Siri "what's zero divided by zero?"

Quote:Siri replies: “Imagine that you have zero cookies and you split them evenly among zero friends. How many cookies does each person get? See? It doesn’t make sense. And Cookie Monster is sad that there are no cookies, and you are sad that you have no friends.”
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
21-08-2015, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2015 10:22 AM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(20-08-2015 05:01 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Evolution is a religion that has to be accepted by faith, and everyone must put down any that do not submit to its dogma of luck and chance and chaos.

Your ignorance/lack of knowledge is showing

As far as I'm concerned, u have already discredited yourself, so I'm not even going to bother reading any further.
1 religion is a belief in a deity. Evolution does not account for a deity, so it cannot be a religion
2 science is the exact opposite of dogma. Literally, the Latin origin of the word science means "see for yourself".

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein