Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
There is one nice benefit of theists posting threads (or is it threats) about god and evolution. I get to read through some very interesting evolution information from fellow, scientifically literate TTA members. So I learn new things. It's fantastic.

I'm just sorry it has to be under such trollish conditions.

Carry on. Popcorn

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-08-2015, 09:27 AM
(21-08-2015 07:11 AM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 05:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But this one has "proof". He's gonna get a Nobel, and prove to the world Evolution is wrong. He's gonna be rich and famous. Just wait. He'll be national news, if he has the proof he claims.

No the Nobel prize is for war mongers and not peace makers..... the mathematical proofs are not high advanced math but math that even Grade eight students can handle and appreciate and KNOW.

Dont you know these things..... oh ya, I know you dont know.... that is knowable from your responses.

Belief in nothingness yields nothingness

Well then if they're that easy, you WILL be rich and famous now, won't you.
Oh wait. You're a fake ignorant fool, and no one will ever know anything about you.

You have no clue what I believe in, BTW. Jebus told you "Judge not, lest ye be judged". I guess you think you know better than your Jebus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-08-2015, 09:28 AM
(21-08-2015 09:20 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Carry on. Popcorn

No.... please don't....can't.....take.....the......stupid....it's......killing....me

Edit: I like this one better Tongue

[Image: dramatic-death-o.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-08-2015, 09:33 AM
(20-08-2015 04:55 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Evolution is a religion because it is based on Faith and Hope in the unknown and unseen. It's followers
firmly believe with all their heart and soul that their God of evolutionary chance and luck has created
them, and they couldn't care less if there is no evidence to support it because they have absolute trust in
their Diety called, Evolution.

And although, they have never seen her nor talked with her, but still they just believe and encourage
one another in their worship services whether at university, or coffee shops, or even on-line. They
usually can't explain exactly when they believe, and so direct questions about their faith, to their white
coated high priests called scientists. And therefore, religious evolutionists are usually completely ignorant
and innocent of the facts of real science and just base their beliefs and their love and devotion on the
opinions of others. So in this way, they shut down all their mental reasoning and just follow the flow of
their congregations. preaching to the converted. And so without thinking, they become scientific
religious groupies, without any individualistic thinking among them. For none are allowed to disagree
with their basic premise and dogma under the penalty of ex-communincation from their hallowed halls of
the religious faithful.

Few have ever questioned their faith and so the majority get quite upset, if you even suggest the most
basic questions to them, as it shatters their dreams and illusions. They pretend to have evidence but
when asked what it is, they become very evasive and non-committal, saying it is a "given" of their
religion.

They are extreme fundamentalists that have isolated themselves from the reality of this world whether
in science, spirituality, or even with life itself. They pin all their hopes and dreams upon Evolution's
mysterious unexplainable ways and means which will somehow, someway rescue them from their
plight and non-thinking via luck and chance. And it is almost impossible to carry on a rational
conversation with them, let alone a mathematical or scientific one. For with every sentence they will
evoke their faith in the impossible, if given enough time. And when that time frame oesn't work, they
extend it from not just millions of years but to billions and now trillions of years. Their evolutionary
goddess in their opinion is just so slow, she needs time to do her divine mutations and more time to
select because of her lack of foreknowledge.

And yet, they are so deeply in love with their goddess and their religion of Evolution, that's it hard to
break her spell over them. They try to say its a science of luck and chance rather than laws and design,
but their faith has no connection to the real world. And sadly there is usually no way to bring them out
of their religious dementia and lack of thinking, and yet as Christian scientists, who believe in logic and
reason and facts and the real created world, we have to try.

In my opinion

David Jay Jordan

Whats your opinion..... ?

FFS - Frusty

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-08-2015, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2015 09:46 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I'm trying to figure out how he figures the Nobel is for "warmongers" etc.

Does he think that the Nobel Peace Prize is one of the five Nobel awards? It's not. It's a sixth, separate prize given by a completely different process. Though, to be fair, even though the Peace Prize was invented separately, it is now considered a fully-valid prize, though I would agree it sometimes is given for political purposes, or to those who have ironically committed actions that are questionable and/or anti-peace. It has nothing to do with the original, real Nobel Prizes. The categories for the original Nobel Prizes are:

Chemistry
Physics
Medicine/Physiology
Economics
Literature

Of course, I tend to focus on the first three, which are in the actual sciences. Even if we accept what you say is true about the Peace Prize, it does not mean you would not win in Chemistry or Physics if you proved evolution or the age of the universe wrong.

Edit to Add: Of course, you'd better bring your A-game. You'd be competing with these people and their level of work.

Second Edit to Add: Incidentally, the Nobel Peace Prize 2014 was awarded jointly to Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai "for their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education". Total warmongers.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
21-08-2015, 10:13 AM
(20-08-2015 04:55 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Evolution is a religion because it is based on Faith and Hope in the unknown and unseen. It's followers
firmly believe with all their heart and soul that their God of evolutionary chance and luck has created
them, and they couldn't care less if there is no evidence to support it because they have absolute trust in
their Diety called, Evolution.

And although, they have never seen her nor talked with her, but still they just believe and encourage
one another in their worship services whether at university, or coffee shops, or even on-line. They
usually can't explain exactly when they believe, and so direct questions about their faith, to their white
coated high priests called scientists. And therefore, religious evolutionists are usually completely ignorant
and innocent of the facts of real science and just base their beliefs and their love and devotion on the
opinions of others. So in this way, they shut down all their mental reasoning and just follow the flow of
their congregations. preaching to the converted. And so without thinking, they become scientific
religious groupies, without any individualistic thinking among them. For none are allowed to disagree
with their basic premise and dogma under the penalty of ex-communincation from their hallowed halls of
the religious faithful.

Few have ever questioned their faith and so the majority get quite upset, if you even suggest the most
basic questions to them, as it shatters their dreams and illusions. They pretend to have evidence but
when asked what it is, they become very evasive and non-committal, saying it is a "given" of their
religion.

They are extreme fundamentalists that have isolated themselves from the reality of this world whether
in science, spirituality, or even with life itself. They pin all their hopes and dreams upon Evolution's
mysterious unexplainable ways and means which will somehow, someway rescue them from their
plight and non-thinking via luck and chance. And it is almost impossible to carry on a rational
conversation with them, let alone a mathematical or scientific one. For with every sentence they will
evoke their faith in the impossible, if given enough time. And when that time frame oesn't work, they
extend it from not just millions of years but to billions and now trillions of years. Their evolutionary
goddess in their opinion is just so slow, she needs time to do her divine mutations and more time to
select because of her lack of foreknowledge.

And yet, they are so deeply in love with their goddess and their religion of Evolution, that's it hard to
break her spell over them. They try to say its a science of luck and chance rather than laws and design,
but their faith has no connection to the real world. And sadly there is usually no way to bring them out
of their religious dementia and lack of thinking, and yet as Christian scientists, who believe in logic and
reason and facts and the real created world, we have to try.

In my opinion

David Jay Jordan

Whats your opinion..... ?

My opinion is that you should crawl out from that rock your hiding under and join the rest of the world, take a step into the 21st century. You'll feel better, trust me.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
21-08-2015, 10:19 AM
(20-08-2015 05:06 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Its silly to believe in the silliness and insanities of evolution, but Im a believer and seer of design and laws, rather than in magic....
God said, let all the "stuff" appear, and it appeared. But that's not magik....

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
21-08-2015, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2015 10:24 AM by Reltzik.)
(21-08-2015 09:37 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm trying to figure out how he figures the Nobel is for "warmongers" etc.

Does he think that the Nobel Peace Prize is one of the five Nobel awards? It's not. It's a sixth, separate prize given by a completely different process. Though, to be fair, even though the Peace Prize was invented separately, it is now considered a fully-valid prize, though I would agree it sometimes is given for political purposes, or to those who have ironically committed actions that are questionable and/or anti-peace. It has nothing to do with the original, real Nobel Prizes. The categories for the original Nobel Prizes are:

Chemistry
Physics
Medicine/Physiology
Economics
Literature

Of course, I tend to focus on the first three, which are in the actual sciences. Even if we accept what you say is true about the Peace Prize, it does not mean you would not win in Chemistry or Physics if you proved evolution or the age of the universe wrong.

Edit to Add: Of course, you'd better bring your A-game. You'd be competing with these people and their level of work.

Second Edit to Add: Incidentally, the Nobel Peace Prize 2014 was awarded jointly to Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai "for their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education". Total warmongers.

Correction! Economics isn't technically a Nobel Prize. A bunch of bankers added their own category, their own award ceremony, and their own award 73 years later because they felt left out.

EDIT-ADDITION: The original list was physics, chemistry, physiology/medicine, literature, and peace. Alfred Nobel, who had amassed a fortune inventing and patenting explosives used for warlike purposes, was worried about his legacy and wanted to be remembered for having created something other than implements of death and destruction. Hence the categories for literature and peace.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
21-08-2015, 10:23 AM
(21-08-2015 07:13 AM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 05:47 AM)Ace Wrote:  http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html

should I bring out the AronRa video again ?

how many crusaders has it been this year ? each one keeps showing up like they have some new thing to prove their point only we've seen and dealt with it a million times by now

NO in evolutionary terms you must always keep adding eons onto your impossible dreams to somehow get your flocks to think your impossible is possible, just give us more years of rolling the dice, to get the right outcome through luck and chance.

How very sad....

watch every single one of AronRa's videos

also natural selection isn't random, you've just admitted your lack of understanding as to how evolution works because you keep listen to people who don't know it either and will tell you bullshit lies about evolution
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...53A6F002CC
21-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Well, he did link pseudoscience, myth, and religion in the subject so he got that much right. It is just everything else he posted that is utterly ignorant tripe.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post