Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2015, 12:20 PM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(20-08-2015 10:03 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  No I am a rational scientist and biologist

You are neither.

Quote:trying to make clear that eolution is a religion.

It's not. It doesn't fit any definition of religion.

Quote:If you have any rational scientists that can show how evolution is not a religion, do have them step foreward instead of backwards into hiding.

That has already been done repeatedly. You see, they present evidence for evolution.

Quote:Their only response so far is that evolution is the best theory to date and they suggest we await further evidence or one shred of evidence to support evolution.

That's true of every scientific theory. You are clearly not a scientist.

Quote:I say design porves the DESIGNER, as nothing happens by accident and luck and chance can hardly be credited with the world we have.

You can say that 'til you're blue in the face and it will still be no more than your ignorant and uneducated opinion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2015, 12:30 PM
(20-08-2015 10:58 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  I repeat beneficial mutations are non existant and an illusion.

You are an ignorant poseur. Just look at this.

Quote:Therefore saying natural selection selects nice suddenly beneficial mutations

A mutation that is beneficial will be more likely to spread through future generations.

Quote:that somehow become beneficial and viable all in oine fell swoop is also imaginery.

Of coures, because that's a straw man argument that shows either your lack of understanding or your dishonesty. Or both.

Quote:Beneficial mutations are not stored until they become beneficial, thats word twisting and literary fiction.

No, a mutation that has neither beneficial nor harmful effects may persist in the genome and one day become beneficial given a change in selection pressure.

Quote:Non functioning systems do not exist and do not lie dormat waiting for the right billion years to expose themselves.

That is largely true. No evolutionary biologist is espousing that.

Quote:Benficial mutations or luck and chance mutations do not exist and never have. Its make believe.

Except we know of both beneficial and deleterious mutations and can identify them at the molecular level.

You are an ignoramus. Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2015, 12:34 PM
DJJ, if you're arguing that the process of evolution cannot work, then how come genetic algorithms not only work but are useful?

Do you avoid flying by any chance? Because aerofoils are sometimes created using genetic algorithms for example.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-08-2015, 12:34 PM
(20-08-2015 11:11 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 11:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, that's just disingenuous as all fuck.

Polar bears are white because of a genetic mutation. It certainly benefited them.

Shoo fly (keep making bullshit threads and I'll help you find the door).

Nah, the good Lord created them and gave them very special traits. They are not mere bears, but have special qualities and traits and instincts..... given at creation.

What is your evidence for that?

Quote:But if you know they are just a color difference, then so be it... but you do know white is a combination of all colors, or should we say white is a reflection of all the color spectrum.

Polar bear fur is not actually white - it is clear, pigment-free, hollow hairs that scatter and reflect light.

Quote:Color is just a variation, albino species are usually exactly like the normal color of that species.... just as with humans. Albinos are just people... they are mutated into a new race.

Where did you get that idea?
Albinos are neither a separate species nor a separate race.

21-08-2015, 12:37 PM
(21-08-2015 12:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 09:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  GirlyMan would like to see that data and your math..

Me, too, although I expect it's all phi and Fibonacci.

And pyramids.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-08-2015, 12:38 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution

Quote:It is the first recorded and experimented case of Charles Darwin's natural selection in action, and remains as a classic example in the teaching of evolution.[1][2] Sewall Wright commented it as "the clearest case in which a conspicuous evolutionary process has actually been observed."[3]

Quote:During the early decades of the Industrial Revolution in England, the countryside between London and Manchester became blanketed with soot from the new coal-burning factories. Many of the light-bodied lichens died from sulphur dioxide emissions, and the trees became darkened. This led to an increase in bird predation for light-coloured moths, as they no longer blended in as well in their polluted ecosystem: indeed, their bodies now dramatically contrasted with the colour of the bark. Dark-coloured moths, on the other hand, were camouflaged very well by the blackened trees.[4] The population of dark-coloured moth rapidly increased. By the mid-19th century, the number of dark-coloured moths had risen noticeably, and by 1895, the percentage of dark-coloured moths in Manchester was reported at 98%, a dramatic change (by almost 100%) from the original frequency.[4] This effect of industrialization in body colour led to the coining of the term "industrial melanism".[2]
21-08-2015, 01:11 PM
(20-08-2015 05:22 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Nerd, I am serious, I expect serious responders..

Ask your question or give your proofs..

This dude smells a lot like π¶∆ .

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-08-2015, 01:14 PM
(20-08-2015 08:14 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Well, here's the latest version of nutball to visit this forum, so this nutball believes:

The moon landings were a hoax

Astrology is a thing

Numerology

Science is insane, but crystal energy is real

And here he claims that pyramids posses some kind of mystical power
Though everyone of his links go to a defunct geocities site that Rickrolls you on every link.

I call Poe.

My my, that's quite a CV he has.

#sigh
21-08-2015, 01:21 PM
(20-08-2015 09:45 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  ATB in your research, if you have mathematical questions just ask.

Does P=NP?

#sigh
21-08-2015, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2015 01:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-08-2015 02:12 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  2) Fibonacci's Series proves, somehow via the Golden Ratio, that humans are Intelligently Designed.

Except for the fact that 792 and 216 are not in the Golden Ratio.

(792+216)/792 = 1.2727...

792/216 = 3.666...

(21-08-2015 02:12 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  6) None of us know enough math to understand that it's not really woo, so all our science is really the woo, despite the literal definition of the term woo.

I read his "proofs" and learned two things. He's got no clue what constitutes a proof and he thinks arithmetic is advanced mathematics.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post